News Article: Detroit Red Wings’ Salary Cap Mess & How Larkin Fits

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
There are plenty of options to make the cap work. I just would have preferred they didn't go this route to begin with. It's like the college football programs that over sign recruits, knowing they'll have to cut a handful to make roster requirements. Except that some of the extra players here didn't really need to be signed in the first place.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
There are plenty of options to make the cap work. I just would have preferred they didn't go this route to begin with. It's like the college football programs that over sign recruits, knowing they'll have to cut a handful to make roster requirements. Except that some of the extra players here didn't really need to be signed in the first place.

That's what the article is saying...

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Imagine if offer sheets were still a thing.

We would instantly match. You can go over by 10% during the off-season. Teams know other teams will match and shed salary elsewhere if push came to shove.

Bigslow

Jun 28, 2018
If he did get an offer sheet for 7 m + ... wouldn't the wings get 2 1st and a 2nd?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
We would instantly match. You can go over by 10% during the off-season. Teams know other teams will match and shed salary elsewhere if push came to shove.
I think I rather have the 4 first round picks over Larkin or whatever it is...

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If Larkin ends up being as good as you seem to think he will be how is that “screwing your own team”? He would be that teams captain too. Can’t have it both ways man...

I literally don't even know what to say to you anymore. Your logic is that because somebody suggests paying Larkin 6 years $6M per, it's also reasonable to sign him for $10M+ per.

You're either trolling or you're completely illogical. At this point, I hope it's trolling, because the latter would be pretty embarrassing.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
If Larkin ends up being as good as you seem to think he will be how is that “screwing your own team”? He would be that teams captain too. Can’t have it both ways man...

Perhaps you should scroll about 1-2 pages back off the front page and you will see threads that go into what is needed to maximize LTIR. Because as it stands it would appear your are not very educated about it.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Perhaps you should scroll about 1-2 pages back off the front page and you will see threads that go into what is needed to maximize LTIR. Because as it stands it would appear your are not very educated about it.
How does LTIR relate to that comment?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What salary cap mess?

It's just numbers juggling like at every summer.

Holland knows already what to do, no matter what the Larkin caphit is.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Funny thing is, Detroit could potentially have $20M in cap next year with 19 under contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad