Confirmed Trade: [DET/WSH] Nick Jensen and 2019 5th round pick for 2020 2nd round pick and Madison Bowey

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's good stuff by Detroit getting that kind of value for a 28 year old defenseman who doesn't put up a lot of points and played less than 200 NHL games.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Wings fans, what is his + and - ?

I see he can play 20+ minutes/night, that's good, even if he won't play that much with the Caps if there is no injury in the TOP 4.

Good PKer? puck mover?

He can skate and um... every so often he jumps up in a play. But his real value is to witness him get murdered in the corners while retrieving pucks. It's surprising how it happens every game even with his "great skating"

Reactions: ovikovy817

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
He's basically the best D on the market now that Muzzin has been traded isn't he?

Bowey and a 3rd would have been better but what can you do... Bowey himself is underrated, if Detroit gives him solid minutes and lets him figure it out for a year they could have a Montour on their hands. Good add for the caps, a lot like Kempny last year, capable but won't disrupt the defense by being too big and pushing players out of their roles a la Shattenkirk.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

I see he can play 20+ minutes/night, that's good, even if he won't play that much with the Caps if there is no injury in the TOP 4.

Good PKer? puck mover?
Can skate with the best of them. Hasn't really shown the offensive side that we all hoped for especially with that skating ability. He can penalty kill as well. Overall, you don't really have to worry about him much. Maybe he will be more utilized on the rush with the better Caps players? I think he will be a good fit for you guys.

Reactions: ovikovy817

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Nice job by Holland on capitalizing on the demand for defensemen; right-shot to boot. Jensen will help Caps. Wings get some good pieces for their build. Good deal for both.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
As has been stated - Bowey looks to have peaked in a sense

He will likely get a lot more opportunity here in Detroit on a bottom dweller than he was ever going to get in Washington

He might top as a 6/7 guy, which is alright. Hopefully he is more of a 5 who can pass as a 4 if injuries hit, but not a big deal if he flames out

The 2nd is the piece I hope yields something eventually as a Wings fan, the Bowey bit is more about balancing caps and contracts I think

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Well there is but that's the whole point, it's dictated by the market. And since Jensen is under 800k contract every GM can fit him on his team which obviously makes the price go up. If the market has 20 buyers 1 will have to go that extra mile to get it.

Yeah, that's my fault. You finished my thought, but that should've said there is no "set price".

Reactions: Adityase

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I remember that defensive class in the WHL...wasn't it Morrissey, Theodore, Bowey...and I think Pulock was either the same age or same draft year (but not both)? Looking great for all of them but Bowey so far....let's see if he can turn into something with more ice time.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Good PKer? puck mover?

Hes a really simple player. One of the new age, shutdown guys. Really good skater and makes the simple play. Hes good on the penalty kill and can get the puck up ice but wont do much offensively. Solid battler in the corners and infront of the net, not what I would call a tough player but not soft either. Hes solid as a lower end number or high end number 5.

Bowey is a decent add for Detroit. The second is good but Bowey is still young and right handed. The wings are in a position to take their time and let him see if he can work things out over the next year or two. Could end up a semi-useful player down the road.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Hes a really simple player. One of the new age, shutdown guys. Really good skater and makes the simple play. Hes good on the penalty kill and can get the puck up ice but wont do much offensively. Solid battler in the corners and infront of the net, not what I would call a tough player but not soft either. Hes solid as a lower end number or high end number 5.

Bowey is a decent add for Detroit. The second is good but Bowey is still young and right handed. The wings are in a position to take their time and let him see if he can work things out over the next year or two. Could end up a semi-useful player down the road.

Yep, thanks.

It really seems like we will use Orpik - Jensen this year as our 3rd pair. And if he's a good fit in D.C. and we can sign him for 1M or less, Djoos - Jensen will be the 3rd pair next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad