Confirmed Trade: [DET/WSH] Nick Jensen and 2019 5th round pick for 2020 2nd round pick and Madison Bowey

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Not that steep of a price, Bowey stinks. Good add for Wash.

Yeah, as a Wings fan, I’ve been following potential young D trade options for Detroit, and Bowey has really fallen off the rails.

Still good for Detroit since they can afford to let Bowey make mistakes and learn, at least in the interim.

If this is the return Jensen got, I wonder if Detroit doesn’t withhold salary on Daley and Geeen. Daley moved to create space, Green moved to take advantage of the poor D market.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Bowey is a body, but not one with great prospects for the future. This is Jensen for a 2nd. Not a huge stretch. f***ing hell.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Bowey is a body, but not one with great prospects for the future. This is Jensen for a 2nd. Not a huge stretch. ****ing hell.

Agreed, but Bowey in Detroit isn’t Bowey in Washington. He has value to a rebuilding team that can try to get him back on track. I doubt it happens, but there’s zero risk here.

Honestly good trade for both sides.

Reactions: Portable Mink

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Agreed, but Bowey in Detroit isn’t Bowey in Washington. He has value to a rebuilding team that can try to get him back on track. I doubt it happens, but there’s zero risk here.

Honestly good trade for both sides.

I like it to. Pretty damn good hockey trade imo. No one got swindled in this one.

Reactions: Kuzya daddy

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
He can skate and um... every so often he jumps up in a play. But his real value is to witness him get murdered in the corners while retrieving pucks. It's surprising how it happens every game even with his "great skating"
Not implying they're similar players but it's funny to see this because it also fits another dman to play for both teams.. Mike Green

Reactions: Adityase

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
He can skate and um... every so often he jumps up in a play. But his real value is to witness him get murdered in the corners while retrieving pucks. It's surprising how it happens every game even with his "great skating"

Opposing forecheckers may hesitate to do this now with Tom Wilson roaming the ice, knowing their own defense will likely get it paid back in full.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
This seems like a pure rental for Washington. With Vrana contract coming up and Jensen probably worth somewhere around $3M in the open market, it would take some serious cap tetris to make it work.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Wings fans, what is his + and - ?

I see he can play 20+ minutes/night, that's good, even if he won't play that much with the Caps if there is no injury in the TOP 4.

Good PKer? puck mover?

Very fast and good at carrying the puck but not exactly offensive. Known to make some boneheaded plays in the defensive end and often relies on his speed too much to recover from mistakes.

A huge improvement from last season though. I wanted him on waivers at the beginning of the season.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Steep price to pay but if he is as solid a player as I’m reading here I like it. I have faith in BMac. He’s really shown he feels the pulse on this team unlike McPhee did while he was with Washington.

I still think Caps add a decent faceoff guy before the deadline.

Reactions: third man in

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
This seems like a pure rental for Washington. With Vrana contract coming up and Jensen probably worth somewhere around $3M in the open market, it would take some serious cap tetris to make it work.

Depends. Caps has some contracts coming of the books.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Steep price to pay but if he is as solid a player as I’m reading here I like it. I have faith in BMac. He’s really shown he feels the pulse on this team unlike McPhee did while he was with Washington.

I still think Caps add a decent faceoff guy before the deadline.

you can have luke glendening

Reactions: Adityase

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
I couldn't be happier to get Madison "Brickhead" Bowey off the team. He's dead weight and couldn't make a good decision if his life depended on it. He's actually AWFUL. lol.

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
Anyone calling this an overpay should be reminded that SJ gave up 2 2nds for Roman Polak and Nick Spaling (!) a few deadlines back.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Wow, that's way too costly. Like I said, if this is the market, sell everything.

The only mystery is how on earth did Sens get so little for Duchene when all sorts of random replacement guys are getting 2nds and thirds.
Anyone calling this an overpay should be reminded that SJ gave up 2 2nds for Roman Polak and Nick Spaling (!) a few deadlines back.
Two wrongs don't make a right. This isn't maths.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Caps going for full blown speed in their lineup, first getting Hagelin now a fast defensemen in Jensen. They're becoming the pens of 2016, meanwhile pens are become the pens of 2011 :(

Reactions: Bananas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad