Confirmed Trade: [DET/WSH] Nick Jensen and 2019 5th round pick for 2020 2nd round pick and Madison Bowey

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Every year "woooowwww that is SOOOO steep"

Players are worth what GM's will pay. There is no "set price". This is an illusion. This isn't grocery shopping.

Edit: i'm dumb

Last edited:
Reactions: goonybird

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
We wanted a 2nd and got it. I think Washington will be pleased with the player.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
wow Caps loading up for that back to back, really like Jensen's game. Seems like every team is improving in the metro except for the pens :oops:
giphy.gif

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Wings fans, what is his + and - ?

I see he can play 20+ minutes/night, that's good, even if he won't play that much with the Caps if there is no injury in the TOP 4.

Good PKer? puck mover?
he has speed

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Players are worth what GM's will pay. There is no "market price". This is an illusion. This isn't grocery shopping.
Well there is but that's the whole point, it's dictated by the market. And since Jensen is under 800k contract every GM can fit him on his team which obviously makes the price go up. If the market has 20 buyers 1 will have to go that extra mile to get it.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It's a great deal for Detroit (mainly for the 2nd - Bowey is a pretty big project at this point) and they weren't going to resign him for what he wants anyways but getting guys like Hagelin and Jensen are the kind of quiet moves which could see the Caps threaten to repeat in the playoffs. They are getting guys who will have very defined roles and that help fill some of the soft spots around the edges.

Reactions: Bananas

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Bowey was more or less getting passed by Siegenthaler and they've got a bunch more D coming. Very manageable acquisition cost IMO, esp. with so few rental d-men available.

Reactions: Bananas

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Bowey strikes me as a guy who always got by on raw skill and talent alone, and only in the past year or so has he discovered that doesn't fly at this level and he needs to actually work hard. He still has the potential to be a decent D-Man, but as others have said he's been passed by a few guys on the Caps depth chart. The only reason he's been on the 23 man roster is that he likely wouldn't clear waivers. He's got a good shot and has size, but his decision making and fundamentals are still questionable at best.

Don't know much about Jensen, but the way most seem to talk about I guess he's a solid pickup.

I would've rather the pick been a 3rd, but the Caps no longer have theirs, so I guess a 2nd will do when combined with a formerly B prospect with dropped stock.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Holland does it again at the deadline. I love the way Holland makes trades at the deadline he usually does well and this is no exception.

Good return for Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad