Claimed off Waivers: [DET] Red Wings claim Cody Goloubef

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
You've been on and off for over a decade and never managed to actually stay relevant during that time. Try again.

What has Detroit done in the last decade that Ottawa hasn't done? I don't think you realize just how long the Red Wings have been irrelevant.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Maybe, but this was mostly done because of Hronek going on IR, along with Yzerman's total commitment to having 8 D at all times on the Wings.

Now Lashoff can go back to Grand Rapids. He was called up as an emergency loan, despite still having 7 healthy D.

When Lashoff was called up and Hronek was put on IR, that actually gave them 7 "healthy" D. Lashoff coming up on emergency meant the Wings told the league one of their 6 was questionable for tonight (probably Ericsson).

Hronek probably comes off IR on deadline day regardless.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
The Wings haven’t had anything close to a franchise player developed in a long time, not really surprising they haven’t had to pay one in a decade

When was Detroits last top 5 pick?

Hard to grab a franchise player without one, no?

SensontheRush

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Not held out on paying franchise players and sell away top 5 picks, for starters...

Sorry, Detroit is relevant because they DON'T do much? Like how Detroit hasn't won a playoff series in 7 years? Like how Detroit hasn't had a 80 point scorer in 9 years?

Yeh, I see a lot of Detroit NOT doing much.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Sorry, Detroit is relevant because they DON'T do much? Like how Detroit hasn't won a playoff series in 7 years? Like how Detroit hasn't had a 80 point scorer in 9 years?

Yeh, I see a lot of Detroit NOT doing much.

Interesting. Last I checked, in the last 8 years, Ottawa has had one player break 70 points.

... And that was a defender. :laugh: The one your owner was too cheap to pay. Probably should check your own stats before you bash on somebody else's, bud.

Reactions: MoritzSeiderAtSix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That's two more than Detroit has had in the last 30 years...
Plays a part in not having drafted a franchise player since 98’ and 99’.

Not sure the Wings have had the option to develop a franchise guy, they haven’t drafted one since Zetterberg.

Sens have had the option with a few good draft picks outside the top 5, they are just too cheap too. The Wings drafting has been pretty balls for a while, though Seider looks very good.

Reactions: SensontheRush

SensontheRush

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Interesting. Last I checked, in the last 8 years, Ottawa has had one player break 70 points.

... And that was a defender. :laugh: The one your owner was too cheap to pay. Probably should check your own stats before you bash on somebody else's, bud.

... Erik Karlsson had 82 points in 2015-16.

WHOOPS.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Plays a part in not having drafted a franchise player since 98’ and 99’.

Not sure the Wings have had the option to develop a franchise guy, they haven’t drafted one since Zetterberg.

Sens have had the option with a few good draft picks outside the top 5, they are just too cheap too. The Wings drafting has been pretty balls for a while, though Seider looks very good.

You can easily argue Larkin would be #4 in a 2014 re-draft that's highlighted by two of the NHL's current Top 5...

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Guys c'mon this thread is supposed to be about Cory Gabagool

Exactly! This is the worst Colby Gobbleyoff Thread Ever. Sens Suck. Wings Suck. We get it. I want to know if Gabbergoff is going to win 3x Norris Trophies or just 2?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
... Erik Karlsson had 82 points in 2015-16.

WHOOPS.

I'm well aware. He's also the only player Ottawa has had in that time to break 70 points. Hence the statement, "Ottawa has had one player break 70 points."

"WHOOPS". Work on your reading comprehension.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You can easily argue Larkin would be #4 in a 2014 re-draft that's highlighted by two of the NHL's current Top 5...
Sure, and I’d agree. But I wouldn’t consider Larkin/Nylander/Ehlers to be a franchise player..

2008 - Karlsson
2010 - Stone
2011 - Zibanejad
2015 - Chabot

All these guys are Franchise level players (if you want to count Larkin, sure)

Sens traded away 3 of them (1 prior to becoming what he is now) and paid Chabot. That’s 4 franchise type guys in the span of 8 drafts without a top 5 pick.

They have Tkachuk right now who is looking like a franchise type player who was taken with a #4. The Wings have Seider looking very good just outside at 6 like Zib, have Zadina taken with the 6th and will get a top 4 pick this year.

Hopefully you are able to turn at least one of Zadina, Seider and your 2020 1st into a franchise guy.

Last edited:

SensontheRush

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I'm well aware. He's also the only player Ottawa has had in that time to break 70 points. Hence the statement, "Ottawa has had one player break 70 points."

"WHOOPS". Work on your reading comprehension.

Yet you are wrong again. Jason Spezza also had a 84 point season with us in the last decade, as well as Daniel Alfredsson with a 70 point season.

WHOOPS

Your attempt at changing the goalposts is also sad.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
And I’m not counting either one as a guy they’ve drafted that has been a franchise type player...

The Wings could have hit on guys like Stone, Chabot and Karlsson outside the top 5 as well if their drafting was a bit better.

Actually they couldn't have, considering Chabot and Karlsson were picked before they drafted...

But since you brought it up, Ottawa could've had Mantha in 2013 if they hadn't picked Lazar 3 picks earlier. Or Larkin in 2014 if they hadn't traded their pick for Bobby Ryan.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yet you are wrong again. Jason Spezza also had a 84 point season with us in the last decade, as well as Daniel Alfredsson with a 70 point season.

WHOOPS

Your attempt at changing the goalposts is also sad.

As I was saying about your reading comprehension...

Didn't change a single goalpost, you just can't read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad