Claimed off Waivers: [DET] Red Wings claim Cody Goloubef

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Detroit fans thumping their chests at ottawa for what? You have nearly 100 years of history with most of the success occurring when the league had 6 teams. Glad your happy about cup wins but presently Detroit is an embarrassment on and off the ice competing with the 16-17 Avalanche for the worst non-expansion team ever and thats with an owner who actually spends money to the cap every single year.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit fans thumping their chests at ottawa for what? You have nearly 100 years of history with most of the success occurring when the league had 6 teams. Glad your happy about cup wins but presently Detroit is an embarrassment on and off the ice competing with the 16-17 Avalanche for the worst non-expansion team ever and thats with an owner who actually spends money to the cap every single year.

You can literally say every O6 team had most of their success when it was only the O6? What fantastic logic...

Oddly enough, even since the league has had 25+ teams, Detroit still has 4 Cups.

... That's 4 more than Ottawa, right?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

And all this over a replacement level player moving from bad team to bad team. :dunno::dunno:

Reactions: LazyT

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Yea I don't see why we are hating on each other, we both are rebuilding and this is going to be a great draft for Ottawa. Getting what appears to be 2 top 7 picks will most definitely help the process.

As far as the waiver claim, I don't know how big of an impact player he will be but sounds like a warm body with potential for now.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
You have an odd way of showing how little you care about Detroit. :laugh:

I'm guessing it's because we're rebuilding in a quarter of the time its taken Ottawa?

Really? Your rebuild is ahead of ours? I honestly didn't realize that.

And I'm not the one that dug up shit about the last decade etc, I simply laughed at Detroit for claiming our player and then responded to the other Detroit fan, which I shouldn't have.

Literally, couldn't care less about Detroit. Win the cup, good for you. Ice the worst team since expansion era Ottawa, pretty embarrassing, but ultimately dont care.

Wish I hadn't responded at all, didnt think Detroit fans would get so excited.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Think this guy scored a goal against the leafs. Didnt know he was playing until he shot the puck and it was in the back of the net. Doubt hell hurt the wings

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yea I don't see why we are hating on each other, we both are rebuilding and this is going to be a great draft for Ottawa. Getting what appears to be 2 top 7 picks will most definitely help the process.

As far as the waiver claim, I don't know how big of an impact player he will be but sounds like a warm body with potential for now.
True...that seemed like something 20 year old me would have done.

Apologies to the fans in here. Really dont have any ill feelings against Detroit. We'll be battling hard in a few years I bet.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Really? Your rebuild is ahead of ours? I honestly didn't realize that.

And I'm not the one that dug up shit about the last decade etc, I simply laughed at Detroit for claiming our player and then responded to the other Detroit fan, which I shouldn't have.

Literally, couldn't care less about Detroit. Win the cup, good for you. Ice the worst team since expansion era Ottawa, pretty embarrassing, but ultimately dont care.

Wish I hadn't responded at all, didnt think Detroit fans would get so excited.

"Couldn't care less".

And is still replying, lol.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

To be fair a Sens fan did start it.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Decade?

How about their entire history.

A franchise that has never and likely will never accomplish anything other than maybe being relocated to a better city.

How many teams were in the leauge when your team was last relevant? As for the bolded, that's talking out of your ass.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Enough of this back and forth! I came to this thread to get hyped about the newest Red Wing...*looks at name*...Corey...Cody? Goloubef? Sure. Talk me into why he's going to spark DET rebuild!

Reactions: ShelbyZ

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
How many teams were in the leauge when your team was last relevant? As for the bolded, that's talking out of your ass.

The Red Wings? 30.

Not really. Broke ass owner, almost non-existent fan base.

If they accomplish anything it will be like the Nordiques, ie. after they're far away from Ottawa.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I never once said anything about past Detroit teams, I said Detroit is an embarrassment - and I meant now because they're icing an echl team.

You think Ottawa didn't burn it to the ground? Because...we did and at least we're actually icing a team.
Actually icing a team? Bud, they're only 2 spots ahead of them in the standings.

Some team.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Decade?

How about their entire history.

A franchise that has never and likely will never accomplish anything other than maybe being relocated to a better city.

The Sens have been more successful than the Leafs since they entered the league, so I don't think you have much to say either :laugh::laugh::laugh:

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
The Sens have been more successful than the Leafs since they entered the league, so I don't think you have much to say either :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope you realize there's plenty of Wings fans in Ontario.

Though I can see how the Raptors avatar might be confusing for someone who's city can barely support one professional sports team.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
gonna dump Daley or Green?

Maybe, but this was mostly done because of Hronek going on IR, along with Yzerman's total commitment to having 8 D at all times on the Wings.

Now Lashoff can go back to Grand Rapids. He was called up as an emergency loan, despite still having 7 healthy D.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Enough of this back and forth! I came to this thread to get hyped about the newest Red Wing...*looks at name*...Corey...Cody? Goloubef? Sure. Talk me into why he's going to spark DET rebuild!

Lets the prospects/depth guys stay in GR to continue their playoff push. Not a big spark but a good move nonetheless!

SensontheRush

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
You have an odd way of showing how little you care about Detroit. :laugh:

I'm guessing it's because we're rebuilding in a quarter of the time its taken Ottawa?

We've been at the bottom of the standings for three seasons now.

This will in fact be the FOURTH season in a row that Detroit has finished near the bottom.

You even know math?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

This will in fact be the FOURTH season in a row that Detroit has finished near the bottom.

You even know math?

You've been on and off for over a decade and never managed to actually stay relevant during that time. Try again.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009

You even know math?

Ottawa has been rebuilding since 2006 minus that one year where they somehow lucked their way to the Conference Finals and teased fans before trading away anyone worth more than the league minimum.

SensontheRush

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Hope you realize there's plenty of Wings fans in Ontario.

Though I can see how the Raptors avatar might be confusing for someone who's city can barely support one professional sports team.

We have two professional sports teams in Ottawa. But you are right, I shouldn't have assumed that the Raptors logo meant you are a Leafs fan.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
We have two professional sports teams in Ottawa. But you are right, I shouldn't have assumed that the Raptors logo meant you are a Leafs fan.
What's the second one? Don't tell me we're counting the CFL here.

And it's all good. If it wasn't for your username I'd have assumed you were a Vegas fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad