Claimed off Waivers: [DET] Red Wings claim Cody Goloubef

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I have room to talk because I've seen him play.

Detroit is an embarrassment anyway, so might as well claim whatever trash is floating in the league toilet.

Team that's rebuilding after 25 straight years of playoffs vs. Team that's been rebuilding for years because their owner is a penny pincher.

There's definitely an embarrassment here, but it's not Detroit.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Too bad - he was a good soldier for us this year and apparently a great teammate. Was hoping he'd be available for our playoff run in Belleville.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
only embarrassment is a Sens fan forgetting the past decade.
Decade?

How about their entire history.

A franchise that has never and likely will never accomplish anything other than maybe being relocated to a better city.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Get the feeling this is a plug for Green.

Either that or Yzerman thinks he can flip him for a mid round pick.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Team that's rebuilding after 25 straight years of playoffs vs. Team that's been rebuilding for years because their owner is a penny pincher.

There's definitely an embarrassment here, but it's not Detroit.
I never once said anything about past Detroit teams, I said Detroit is an embarrassment - and I meant now because they're icing an echl team.

You think Ottawa didn't burn it to the ground? Because...we did and at least we're actually icing a team.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
:laugh: Says the fan, Who's team hasn't won a cup in ages. Pretty sure Ottawa would've loved to have had a 25 year run with 4 cups and 2 other cup finals to their resume.
Absolutely I would have loved to win a Cup, which team's fan wouldn't. Doesnt change the fact that I laugh at Detroit claiming this player.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I mean there's no rule that says he has to stay on the NHL roster... The Wings could put him back on waivers right away and try to send him to GR right away. That said, considering Detroit is first in waiver claim order it's possible other teams wanted him as well, and if not the Sens can re claim and immediately send him to the AHL, making whatever the Wings paid Ottawa for the claim a complete waste.
The Sens would immediately claim him for Belleville, that's why he was placed on waivers to be on the roster by Monday which he'd need to in order to play in the AHL playoffs.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Get the feeling this is a plug for Green.

Either that or Yzerman thinks he can flip him for a mid round pick.

If a team was willing give something up for the guy, wouldn't Ottawa have tried to do that before putting him on waivers?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
He's got to be close to the record for most claims of a player in NHL history . . .

:laugh:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
gabriel-dumont-2019-55.jpg

One man has caused so much chaos between Dorion and Yzerman.

Gabriel dumont ?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It's nice to see the once highly touted Cody Goloubef finally starting to reach his potential. He's a late bloomer, and if he continues to progress I can see him remaining a Red Wing well into his 40's.

There are so many similarities with Chris Chelios:
  • Both are defenseman
  • Both are right handed shooters
  • Both are roughly the same size
  • Both played for the University of Wisconsin
  • Both were drafted early in the 2nd round
  • Both played in the World Juniors
  • Both played in the Olympics
And soon both will have played for the Red Wings. Good pick up by them.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Gabriel dumont ?

I'm just kidding around because Goloubef is an incredibly irrelevant player who plays like 9 minutes a game as a defenseman for Ottawa and Yzerman claimed him, so the joke is that the only explanation is that it is more revenge for Ottawa claiming Dumont in 2017.

The backstory is that when Yzerman was GM of the Lightning, the Senators claimed Dumont from Tampa. Then in what seemed like a retaliatory move, Tampa claimed a guy named Didomenico off of waivers from Ottawa but never played him in the NHL before re-waiving him again. There was no real reason for Tampa to claim Didomenico since he wasn't really an NHL caliber player and was a pet project of the Senators then head coach Guy Boucher. Dumont was later reclaimed by Tampa.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I never once said anything about past Detroit teams, I said Detroit is an embarrassment - and I meant now because they're icing an echl team.

You think Ottawa didn't burn it to the ground? Because...we did and at least we're actually icing a team.

And when we get top talent out of it, we'll actually pay them.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
1. We just payed chabot

2. I dont care what Detroit does.

3. I've talked about Detroit just about enough for the year

You have an odd way of showing how little you care about Detroit. :laugh:

I'm guessing it's because we're rebuilding in a quarter of the time its taken Ottawa?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad