Claimed off Waivers: [DET] Red Wings claim Cody Goloubef

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That doesn’t even play on Zibanejad’s line?

Man, I was so focused on even strength, I didn't even think to look at PP time, where Zibanejad is married to Panarin's line.

... Certainly can't be worth mentioning that Larkin is actually outproducing Zibanejad at 5 on 5. :laugh:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Man, I was so focused on even strength, I didn't even think to look at PP time, where Zibanejad is married to Panarin's line.

... Certainly can't be worth mentioning that Larkin is actually outproducing Zibanejad at 5 on 5. :laugh:
He's not....

Unless you don't know how to count

Zibanejad - 46 games played 31 ES points (5 SH points) 0.67 es ppg

Larkin - 62 games played 32 ES points 0.51 es ppg

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Geez...no kidding. You think we don't know that?

Not to get off the drafting and developing topic, but Ottawa seems to make a habit of awful trades in the last 5 or 6 years.

Duchene was brutal. Zibanejad was brutal. 10th OA for Bobby Ryan was brutal. Jury is still out with Lindberg and Brannstrom for Stone.

The saving grace is that that Karlsson trade was absolutely awful until they lucked into SJS absolutely sucking.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He's not....

32 > 31. Though Larkin does have more games.

You can argue it all day. If Zibanejad is worth being considered a franchise player, you don't get to toss Larkin.

If you want me to be honest, I'd say neither is.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Not to get off the drafting and developing topic, but Ottawa seems to make a habit of awful trades in the last 5 or 6 years.

Duchene was brutal. Zibanejad was brutal. 10th OA for Bobby Ryan was brutal. Jury is still out with Lindberg and Brannstrom for Stone.

The saving grace is that that Karlsson trade was absolutely awful until they lucked into SJS absolutely sucking.

We've had some good and we've had some bad. Hard to fault them for the Duchene trade. No one expected us to completely tank.

The Karlsson trade was terrible to those who didn't know who Josh Norris was, now...even without SJs 1st, getting a top prospect back for a pending UFA is hard to balk at. Not to mention Tierney and Demelo and the 2nd if he re-signed, which he did and Balcers. I assume Dorion knew what he was getting in Norris, or I'd like to think that, but who knows.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
He's not....

Zibanejad - 46 games played 31 ES points (5 SH points) 0.67 es ppg

Larkin - 62 games played 32 ES points 0.51 es ppg

They have the same number of 5v5 points, twenty-eight.

"Even strength" points can include empty netters, 6v5 and overtime points.

upload_2020-2-21_15-4-42.png

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
We've had some good and we've had some bad. Hard to fault them for the Duchene trade. No one expected us to completely tank.

The Karlsson trade was terrible to those who didn't know who Josh Norris was, now...even without SJs 1st, getting a top prospect back for a pending UFA is hard to balk at. Not to mention Tierney and Demelo and the 2nd if he re-signed, which he did and Balcers. I assume Dorion knew what he was getting in Norris, or I'd like to think that, but who knows.

From an outsider's perspective, SJS sucking is both nice for Ottawa fans and a joke for Ottawa management/ownership.

On one hand, you guys have gotten so screwed over by your own front office that it's about time you struck some good luck. On the other hand, management in no way deserves the kind of reward they could be looking at for refusing to pay probably the greatest player in their franchise's history.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
From an outsider's perspective, SJS sucking is both nice for Ottawa fans and a joke for Ottawa management/ownership.

On one hand, you guys have gotten so screwed over by your own front office that it's about time you struck some good luck. On the other hand, management in no way deserves the kind of reward they could be looking at for refusing to pay probably the greatest player in their franchise's history.

Again, John Norris though.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
When Lashoff was called up and Hronek was put on IR, that actually gave them 7 "healthy" D. Lashoff coming up on emergency meant the Wings told the league one of their 6 was questionable for tonight (probably Ericsson).

Hronek probably comes off IR on deadline day regardless.

By healthy, I just meant healthy enough to be on the 23 man roster. Which Hronek was not.

This is hockey, not baseball. Players do play while not 10O%.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
By healthy, I just meant healthy enough to be on the 23 man roster. Which Hronek was not.

This is hockey, not baseball. Players do play while not 10O%.

K. Thanks?

Somebody of the 6 "healthy" D with Hronek on IR had to be reported to the league as possibly missing the next game to use an emergency recall on Lashoff.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Next headline: :"Ottawa Senators trade their 2020 1st to Detroit Red Wings for Cody Goloubef. Dorion: 'We were in need of a defensemen and saw Cody as a fit for our team'"

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016

Maybe not completely tank, but I'm sure there were alot of people like me, who thought the only reason Sens made the playoffs was due to them riding an insanely hot Hamburgler down the stretch.

That Sens team made a mockery of a bunch of underlying numbers, which screamed they shouldn't even be in the playoffs, let alone going to the finals.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Maybe not completely tank, but I'm sure there were alot of people like me, who thought the only reason Sens made the playoffs was due to them riding an insanely hot Hamburgler down the stretch.

That Sens team made a mockery of a bunch of underlying numbers, which screamed they shouldn't even be in the playoffs, let alone going to the finals.

This is true, but I think Dorion legitimately thought that if they added a top tiered C to go with Stone and Karlsson, we could build around it. But the crap hit the fan with Hoffman and Karlsson and then we disintegrated. I don't even know how we ended up sucking as bad as we did.

I think on the outset, that trade was fine. Turris + a 1st for a clear upgrade in Duchene was fine with me personally, but when the pick became a lottery pick...that's when it all fell apart. I guess similar to Karlsson going to SJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad