Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F Patrick Kane signs with the Red Wings (1 year, $2.75M)

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
ide run kane on all 3 top lines for every o zone face off i could get him on ice for . and obviously every power play minute . the hired gun method . though i just might run him on 2 and 3 because brinx-larks-ray line already rockin , though kane with brinx on pp . then play kane in a 6 player group that includes jt-perron-fabbri-sprong-copp(net front) to create highest level of offense .

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Sprong already said Kane can have 88. Now it is up to Kane to either say he will or not.

Oh ok. I always thought that that was a weird touchy subject with players sometimes. It doesn't always happen a guy gives up his number. But if both players are cool with it I'd prefer Kane have 88.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Wings going all in this year. Didn't see the Pat Kane in Detroit connection.
Spending open cap on an aged superstar coming back from a serious injury isn't really going all in lol.

They're putting forth a concerted effort to compete while not damaging the overall rebuild by blowing through futures to do it.

Has a team ever given up on a rebuild quite like this edition of Detroit?

I mean, retools aren't always the worst idea and this looks like a bubble playoff roster but for a team that was deep in the trenches of a rebuild they just decided f*** it and filled out 80% of their roster with veteran free agent signings.

Remind me which major prospects and picks they've traded to indicate they gave up on their rebuild?

You can name one: The pick they got from Boston for Bertuzzi and then flipped for Debrincat... A 25 year old 40 goal scorer.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Titanium isn't magnetic.
Irrelevant. We called Wakanda and paid top dollar for a Vibranium hip.

Now when you go to hit Kane he does this:

Icegif-980.gif

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Spending open cap on an aged superstar coming back from a serious injury isn't really going all in lol.

Well Kane is going to get more ice time and opportunity to produce offensively in Detroit than he did in NY last year. Plus he already has chemistry with Debrincat.

He adds another dimension to the Wings team that they currently lack. I think he produces at PPG once he gets up to speed.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Watch Kane pull a Chelios and wind up playing another decade in Detroit.

a decade is obviously a stretch since he's 35 but if he can recover well from his injury then I do think something like half of that becomes fairly likely

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018

They're putting forth a concerted effort to compete while not damaging the overall rebuild by blowing through futures to do it.

Remind me which major prospects and picks they've traded to indicate they gave up on their rebuild?

You can name one: The pick they got from Boston for Bertuzzi and then flipped for Debrincat... A 25 year old 40 goal scorer.

Save yourself the headache. A lot of fans from other teams don't get it. To be fair, from an outsiders perspective it probably looks like giving up on a rebuild. Until you dig into the contract structures and prospect pool which most fans of other teams aren't going to do.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sure it's been a while but they were huge rivals while Kane was winning cups, that's enough that I would understand Blackhawks fans not being happy he went there. I miss the good ole days of sports where the players weren't all buddy buddy off the ice/court/field and when a guy like Kane would hate the wings his entire career and never even consider joining them. But it's a business and they can make whatever decisions they want, doesn't affect me I just am not a fan of it
this has always happened
Chelly went to hated Wings
Espo went to hated Rangers
Guy went to hated Nords
Lapointe went to hated Bruins
Lucic went to hated Flames from Oilers
Corson went to hated Leafs
Wendyl went to Wings
etc etc etc

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I imagine Patty Kane could have cleared 3 million somewhere else. Nice job by Stevie Y once again.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So who goes to LW? Doubt Kane. Perron or Raymond? Do you want to mess either of those though? Or just run 3-deep with scoring lines?

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Kane is wearing 88 and Sprong changed to 17 and I'm sure he got a nice new rolex out of it.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Vision? How long does he think he is going to play (there)?
He mentioned that Detroit hasn't been giving much on defence calling them stingy defensively in the past 3 games against the Devils, Bruins and Minnesota which they won and then asked the Coach to explain their system to him and came out of it impressed.

1701293353678.png

It sounds like he really considered Detroit high on his list even asking his agent if Detroit called already even while considering other teams.

Last edited:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
So who goes to LW? Doubt Kane. Perron or Raymond? Do you want to mess either of those though? Or just run 3-deep with scoring lines?
Veleno - Larkin - Raymond
DeBrincat - Compher - Kane
Fabbri - Copp - Sprong
Perron - Rasmussen - Fischer/Kostin

Rasmussen - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong
Perron - Copp - Fischer/Kostin

Perron - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong
Rasmussen - Copp - Fischer/Kostin

Copp - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong

Fabbri - Larkin - Raymond
Perron - Veleno - Sprong

Plenty of options

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Veleno - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Sprong

Rasmussen - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong
Perron - Copp - Fischer/Kostin

Perron - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong

Copp - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong

Fabbri - Larkin - Raymond
Perron - Veleno - Sprong

Plenty of options

That's a very deep team and probably the most improved (at least on paper) from last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad