Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F Patrick Kane signs with the Red Wings (1 year, $2.75M)

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Maybe, sounds like he enjoying himself now but if the Wings really fall off does he really want to finish his career in the basement?
I think he just wants to be on a line with people he enjoys playing with lol he's won it all and made a tonne of money

But his entire career in Chicago they were trying to make toews happy cuz Kane can play with anyone and score

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I think he just wants to be on a line with people he enjoys playing with lol he's won it all and made a tonne of money

But his entire career in Chicago they were trying to make toews happy cuz Kane can play with anyone and score

Yeah, Hawks traded Panarin to get Saad for Toews...ughh

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
The basement, 12th in the East what's the difference?

I agree it likely he will re-sign with the Wings as he was pretty clear he doesn't want to be someone that jumps teams alot.

How is Detroit's cap space for next year? Kane keeps this up he should be able to get 8 million per on open market though money not the most important thing to him now
Well, 10 Million going into the Deadline, 30 Million going into the offseason... and the best part... 12 in the east, we are 10th, closer to playoffs then the basement, 2 points out of 3rd in the division, 2 out of the wildcard, but yea go with 12 because that certainly makes way more sense then 2 points out of the wild card and 3rd in the division.

Kane Came to play with DB, I wont talk numbers yet because I think if he wants to stay he would take a Discount but how much would the NHLPA let him take.

Simple enough, if we can finish off 20 minutes here, we are in a playoff spot, obviously games in hand to teams, but we just played 19 games in 37 days while missing our top 2 Centers and a lot of depth, we are wayyy closer to playoffs then the basement,

Yeah, Hawks traded Panarin to get Saad for Toews...ughh
are you saying they traded for Saad because Kane wanted to play with Saad over Panarin???

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Red Wings lose to the Devil's tonight they've had some injuries but every team does. So far it looks like little to no improvement over last season.

Just following Kane his whole career I think he would want to stay in Detroit for sure. He never wanted to leave Chicago and when he did he forced his way to only New York then it was reported his goal was to go back there but they weren't interested.

If Kane keeps up his solid play but Detroit's slide continues and they are out of the playoff race by mid January why wouldn't Yzerman look to trade Kane for some picks then try and sign him in the offseason?

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Red Wings lose to the Devil's tonight they've had some injuries but every team does. So far it looks like little to no improvement over last season.

Just following Kane his whole career I think he would want to stay in Detroit for sure. He never wanted to leave Chicago and when he did he forced his way to only New York then it was reported his goal was to go back there but they weren't interested.

If Kane keeps up his solid play but Detroit's slide continues and they are out of the playoff race by mid January why wouldn't Yzerman look to trade Kane for some picks then try and sign him in the offseason?
Little to no improvement from last year lol... 3 of our top 4 scorers weren't even on the roster? We finished 24th in goals scored last season, we are currently 4th, and our D is 1 or 2 in the league for points, your either a troll or do 0 research before you post lol

And no Detroit is not trading Kane, we went from the part of our schedule that was circled to be the hardest to get through, and lost our top 2 centers and 1 and 3 scorers. You make it more obvious you are just here trolling because Kane wouldn't sign back with you guys lol.

4 points out of playoffs, after 17 games in 30 days, losing our Captain and garbage goaltending. Just face it, he is ours now, chose to be here and will most likely stay here...

I hope we win a cup with him just so you have to live with that image lol

And just pointing out... Lost tonight after a road B2B with travel and still not the original 12th place you stated....

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Little to no improvement from last year lol... 3 of our top 4 scorers weren't even on the roster? We finished 24th in goals scored last season, we are currently 4th, and our D is 1 or 2 in the league for points, your either a troll or do 0 research before you post lol

And no Detroit is not trading Kane, we went from the part of our schedule that was circled to be the hardest to get through, and lost our top 2 centers and 1 and 3 scorers. You make it more obvious you are just here trolling because Kane wouldn't sign back with you guys lol.

4 points out of playoffs, after 17 games in 30 days, losing our Captain and garbage goaltending. Just face it, he is ours now, chose to be here and will most likely stay here...

And just pointing out... Lost tonight after a road B2B with travel and still not the original 12th place you stated....
We have one more point than we did at this point last season. Objectively there is little to no improvement in the standings.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
We have one more point than we did at this point last season. Objectively there is little to no improvement in the standings.

We just played 17 in 30, lost 2 of our top 3 scorers and our 4th in goals for, if we had an decent goaltending we would be playoff bound.

I'm really interested in how we rebound, but the wheels really fell off in December and we're in the picture... Last season we were in the picture then the wheels fell of and the season was done.

Just take last year add Kane, DB, Compher and Ghost... How is that not an improvement, it's game 33 not 57

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016

I'm sorry, the Red Wings have one more point today than they did on December 23rd 2022.

The next few games don't seem all that easy either... Wild, Predators, Bruins.

I'm not at all worried about Kane winning a cup in Detroit I'd be happy for him if he did but that's not happening with a GM like Yzerman

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Question for Red wings fans With Seider, Raymond RFAs and Ghost being a UFA with only 30 mill to sign those 3 guys plus 9 more players are you able to give Kane a fair market value contract and would you really want to with your goalie issues?

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Question for Red wings fans With Seider, Raymond RFAs and Ghost being a UFA with only 30 mill to sign those 3 guys plus 9 more players are you able to give Kane a fair market value contract and would you really want to with your goalie issues?
Yes, like anyone in his timeline of career usually does

Also, goalie issues, Edmonton and a lot of other teams have shown signing big money goalies does 0

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Yes, like anyone in his timeline of career usually does

Also, goalie issues, Edmonton and a lot of other teams have shown signing big money goalies does 0
Who said sign a goalie to a huge contract?

I am just curious where the improvement comes from now that you have to sign Seider and Raymond. Ghost could get 6 mill+ if he continues his scoring pace.

If Kane wants to win i am not sure the Redwings are the best option. If he doesn't care about winning why would he take a discount?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

They’ve had some pretty big injuries this month and played 3 in 4 nights. Every team goes through slumps and injuries of course, but this hasn’t been normal injuries. You just try not to lose too much ground, while they’re in these moments.

Hutchinson had to play goal tonight. They just signed him like 3 days ago. They lost two more players in this game.

Let’s wait to see how they’re playing when things settle down here and the important bodies are back in the lineup.. The 4 day break couldn’t have come at a better time for them right now.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010

I am just curious where the improvement comes from now that you have to sign Seider and Raymond. Ghost could get 6 mill+ if he continues his scoring pace.

If Kane wants to win i am not sure the Redwings are the best option. If he doesn't care about winning why would he take a discount?
Because we aren't a contender yet but we are built as a playoff team. I feel the biggest think is the weight Yzerman carries, 90% of these guys watched him as a hero, build TB and all their cups... He has a runway that gives him space to do what Boston does... You are hear to take a discount to win... Go listen to Marchand, Pasta all their interviews go to, we take discounts because cups mean more... That's the mentality he is building.

Boston pay Pasta 11, the next closest is March and at 6.5.. it's building a team on board of discounts to win, not grab a bag

Ghost already makes 4, and he isn't young.. this is where you trust your GM to value what's coming in vs out... Raymond and Seider both get good raises.. but you have Stevie Y, and instill the Boston story... Take less and be a legend...

Last edited:

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Yes proving points...
I'm sorry, the Red Wings have one more point today than they did on December 23rd 2022.

The next few games don't seem all that easy either... Wild, Predators, Bruins.

I'm not at all worried about Kane winning a cup in Detroit I'd be happy for him if he did but that's not happening with a GM like Yzerman
Laziest argument ever... Ignore the roster and injuries, and at our worst point of our schedule.

You don't watch Wings games, you watch NHL.com... you look at standings with no details or a actual input...

Did you also think McDavid was toast when he was under a point per game...?

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

That not going to happen.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Yes proving points...

Laziest argument ever... Ignore the roster and injuries, and at our worst point of our schedule.

You don't watch Wings games, you watch NHL.com... you look at standings with no details or a actual input...

Did you also think McDavid was toast when he was under a point per game...?

Listen Habibi, eventually the results have to start coming.

They brought in many new faces in the Summer and after a hot start they haven't delivered.

Can you blame everything on injuries? Debrincat signed for huge money in the offseason has 6 goals in his last 28 games and still struggling like I said weeks ago, though Kane could turn his career around

OccidentalOctopus

Garbage Poster
May 31, 2023
The Trash
I've hated Kane for over a decade...

... and I'll be f***ed if I kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

You can watch how high his hockey IQ is when handling the puck. He makes such ridiculous passes seem like nothing, and he's not even 100%.

When Datsyuk left I wanted the next best thing. Took a couple of years and a bunch of Pepto, but it's here, and I'm not letting go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Njfj

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Listen, players of kane caliber and reputation don't fizzle out or fade away, For those saying he was fried / done for without acknowledging that he was playing THRU an injury last year should eat crow, This is the best american born player ever. he's gonna play and be productive until he decide when to stop.

his IQ has always been his most valuable asset.

Reactions: Njfj and Realgud

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

They brought in many new faces in the Summer and after a hot start they haven't delivered.

Can you blame everything on injuries? Debrincat signed for huge money in the offseason has 6 goals in his last 28 games and still struggling like I said weeks ago, though Kane could turn his career around
I agree the team hasn’t improved much compared to last year given the record, but this is false. Debrincat has been fantastic and one of our best players every night for the last 6-7 games at least. He had a bit of a slump before that but also started out great. Streaky scorer and remains that way.

The reason we suck this year is worse goaltending and a significantly worse defense - we replaced Hronek (as flawed as he is) with a patchwork job of Justin Holl and Gostisbehere

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Because we aren't a contender yet but we are built as a playoff team. I feel the biggest think is the weight Yzerman carries, 90% of these guys watched him as a hero, build TB and all their cups... He has a runway that gives him space to do what Boston does... You are hear to take a discount to win... Go listen to Marchand, Pasta all their interviews go to, we take discounts because cups mean more... That's the mentality he is building.

Boston pay Pasta 11, the next closest is March and at 6.5.. it's building a team on board of discounts to win, not grab a bag

Ghost already makes 4, and he isn't young.. this is where you trust your GM to value what's coming in vs out... Raymond and Seider both get good raises.. but you have Stevie Y, and instill the Boston story... Take less and be a legend...
I am not trying to be mean but this sounds like all the more reason not to sign there. The Boston guys are on a contending team and you are admitting the red wings are not contenders. Kane is at the end of his career he doesn't have time to wait.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
we'll see how things look at the deadline but i'm pretty skeptical that he'll want to stay here if the Wings are out of it by then

I do hope they extend him though, I think he's got a few more years of high level play left in him if he can stay healthy

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Debrincat 32 points in 34 games.
Ghost 25 points in 33 games.
Sprong 21 points in 34 games.
Compher 20 points in 29 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad