Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Anthony Mantha signs extension (4 years, $5.7M AAV)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Since your assuming a lot why do you put up a poll and ask which player put up the most goals in a single season.

Since scoring pace is apparently irrelevant, you should tell me more about how Tony Amonte had a better career than Petr Forsberg.

Or maybe you should just stop further digging the hole you're in.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Since scoring pace is apparently irrelevant, you should tell me more about how Tony Amonte had a better career than Petr Forsberg.

Or maybe you should just stop further digging the hole you're in.
Which player between Anderson and Mantha put up the most goals in one season.
Just answer me that.
27 > 25 no matter how you try to twist it.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Which player between Anderson and Mantha put up the most goals in one season.
Just answer me that.

Sure. Just as soon as you explain to me how Amonte was better than Forsberg.

Hint: You can't explain it, and you wont acknowledge it because you know it defeats your logic.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
When he's in his last year, he can traded if need be.

Which probably/may very well happen. I just would have thought with the Wings having the flexibility to do so, they could/should have paid more to lock up extra years like on a 6 or 7 year deal so he can continue to be a guaranteed part of the core

Saving capspace is always a good thing, but its not like a need for the team in the immediate future

Reactions: BHD

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Which probably/may very well happen. I just would have thought with the Wings having the flexibility to do so, they could/should have paid more to lock up extra years like on a 6 or 7 year deal so he can continue to be a guaranteed part of the core

Saving capspace is always a good thing, but its not like a need for the team in the immediate future

It's possible Mantha didn't want to go longer. He was pretty outspoken that he went with a bridge last time because he wanted to prove his worth, and the injuries prevented him from doing it this time. A 4 year deal still gives him one more chance at a big contract, whereas a 6-7 year deal doesn't.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Would he, more than likely but did he, NO. Fact is he hasn't put up more goals in a single season.
Who's claiming that Anderson is the better player?
What a stupid comment to make then :laugh:

Let me know when Mantha puts up 1 goal in 27 games.

Let me know when Anderson puts up more than 20 assists in a season.

Pointless comments.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I'm struggling with the argument in this thread that Anderson is better then Mantha. It's Mantha AND IT AINT EVEN f***ING CLOSE

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Nice deal. Kind of like the Meier one from last year. How many UFA years are bought here? This should set Mantha up well to cash in next deal.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
6 cups Not sure how many finals
I have no issue with wing fans and mantha signing . Awesome player . Wish we had him . He’s better than Anderson to however Anderson is no slouch . I just find it odd a particular red wings fan can throw such heavy snow balls after such a horrid season .

Reactions: viceroy

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
And if Mantha finally stays healthy he makes significantly more years 5-7

If he puts up the kind of numbers that deserves a big raise... Great, we have a great player.
I will happily pay a 8M dollar player what he's worth. (Just be prepared for another 3-4 year deal, not a 7 year deal to a 29 year old, that would be a mistake as well.)

Ive never really understood why everyone thinks 7-8 year deals are good moves.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
If he puts up the kind of numbers that deserves a big raise... Great, we have a great player.
I will happily pay a 8M dollar player what he's worth. (Just be prepared for another 3-4 year deal, not a 7 year deal to a 29 year old, that would be a mistake as well.)

Ive never really understood why everyone thinks 7-8 year deals are good moves.
Nobody does except the players. They only get deals like that when that is what it takes to outbid another team. If Mantha had wanted a 7 year deal he would have gotten it from some team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad