Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Anthony Mantha signs extension (4 years, $5.7M AAV)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Nice cap hit and term.

Montreal kid. Potentially a highly sought after UFA upon end of contract. Tyler Toffoli off the books at the exact same time. Cap will likely be up significantly by 2024. Two years left on Price/Weber's contracts. Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Romanov all in their prime.

In 44 months, Anthony Mantha is signing in Montreal. It's inevitable. :sarcasm:
Love your :sarcasm: Mantha isn't walking in 44 months, if he's not resigned by Yzerman he will be dealt and if it's to Montreal he isn't going to be cheap he will be extremely expensive you're not getting him for nothing.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
His contract is backloaded so not really. He will get the biggest hit this year, where he makes only ~19% of the value of his total contract, pretax.

~19% of $22.8 million is about $4.6m....he'll be a-okay.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Your assumptions could not be more wrong:

manthan94

manthan94

manthan94

Thats 3 years of data. It’s not an accident. Mantha factually drives play from the wing. It’s a rare player who can do that.

why would you even say something when you clearly don’t have a clue?

Not to take anything from Mantha (who absolutely is what you say he is) but play driving wings aren't rare. Most don't drive as well as Mantha but it's not a rarity.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
That feels a little high unless Mantha starts to beast more often. He could fulfil it or he could loaf around... wait and see.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Man, you're not even trying to be relevant anymore
Building through the draft after the success Detroit has had over the past 30 years. Takes time when you’re a buyer at the TDL for so many years. I’d take 5-10 years of sucking to get back to watching Detroit play the way they did when I was growing up.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Building through the draft after the success Detroit has had over the past 30 years. Takes time when you’re a buyer at the TDL for so many years. I’d take 5-10 years of sucking to get back to watching Detroit play the way they did when I was growing up.

I agree with that, nothing to debate here really, and signing Mantha is something good happening for Detroit.

On the opposite, spitting poison by bringing up other teams signings is unnecessary and totally irrelevant, which is WingsMJN2965's domain of excellence.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I agree with that, nothing to debate here really, and signing Mantha is something good happening for Detroit.

On the opposite, spitting poison by bringing up other teams signings is unnecessary and totally irrelevant, which is WingsMJN2965's domain of excellence.

Bringing up contracts that are similar in price isn't relevant in a thread about a contract signing....

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad