Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah. I don't care about 30FPS. Maybe I should but it has never prevented me from enjoying a game. I still greatly enjoy Destiny's PvP and will continue to enjoy it at 30FPS.

As others have stated, I would much rather have them dedicate the time to a more fulfilling campaign and PvE experience.

As far as the why would anybody use snipers. From what I have seen they are one shot weapons, no matter if it's the body or head. It also looked like people keep the power/heavy ammo between rounds as long as they don't die.

Both untrue, at least in the particular game mode they were showing and the particular sniper rifle they were letting people use.

This sniper was doing 100 to the body. Versus grenades that were straight up killing people.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
the jitteryness of 30 fps literally gives me headaches I'm so use to 60-120fps.

Honestly anything under 100 seems choppy to me at this point...but 30 is unplayable.

You aren't capable of detecting choppiness under 100fps. The human mind can't do it. It's imagined.

Edit: Additionally, most monitors and TVs, even those that advertise at 120hz, don't actually hit that. They come in much lower.

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
People who care about frame rate shouldn't be playing games on consoles.

I think the big problem is that part of the marketing for the PS4 Pro was a PS4 that could push either a decent 4K or a higher frame rate. From that perspective, it's disappointing.

Wtf is the big deal about 60fps?

Higher frame rate in games is objectively better. That's not to say that's something everyone cares about enough to invest money to get, but smoothness is better in terms of viewing experience and feedback. This is particularly true in fast paced games such as shooters.

This also affects different people differently. For example, I find the higher frame rate to be much better for combating motion sickness.

60FPS has been the standard of sorts for a long time, as the majority modern monitors run at a 60Hz refresh rate.

Frame rate isn't the only factor, however. As an example, frame pacing is huge, as a steady frame rate allows you to adjust.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Both untrue, at least in the particular game mode they were showing and the particular sniper rifle they were letting people use.

This sniper was doing 100 to the body.

You are correct. I was watching a video of gameplay during lunch and I could a sworn the guy carried Heavy between rounds. But he didn't.

And as far as the sniper killing with a body shot it appears I am wrong as well. The video I was watching showed a body shot but I think the guy was being shot by a different teammate as well.

So I agree with the statement, why use anything other than a Rocket Launcher. And why use a Fusion at all.

Maybe Rocket Launchers will have a much slower velocity? Or maybe they won't have tracking. :shrug:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Because you'll probably get 1/2 rockets vs. a few clips of fusion/sniper/shotgun ammo.

Also they were using a build that was already a few months old in the conference, so things like balance changes/UI stuff could be different then the final product.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Until they start to make consoles compatible with DisplayPort monitors, I can't see the higher framerates than 60 fps being supported. That said, unless you are a regular PC gamer that does use a high refresh rate DP 1.2 monitor (like a 144 Hz), as mentioned above, it really shouldn't be an issue. I use my PC for gaming a lot but I only have it hooked up to my TV (60Hz), so there really isn't much of an adjustment going back to console (although it does feel a tad slower, I guess).

That said, there is no way in bat's crazy hell you can currently support 4k at 60 fps on a console. Even the current cards (Titan X and 1080 ti) can't consistently hit 60 fps on 4k (unless you have SLI) with PC, and those cards are more expensive than the consoles themselves. It'll have to be one or the other. I'd prefer 1080p @ 60 fps just because there really is no ****ing need for 4k on consoles currently. Like, unless you have a big ass TV (60"+) and sit within 5 feet of it, you probably won't notice much. And don't even get me started on 1440p. It's still not very cheap and it's a microscopic difference unless, again, you have an even bigger ass TV and are sitting even closer to it. It would just be trying to do both and ending up doing neither.

That said, I just hope there's a hell of a lot more depth than the first Destiny did. It just feels like wasted potential. Not nearly as much of a waste of potential as No Man's Sky was, but still. It felt like so much more could be done. Instead, it just felt like a Borderlands game with raids and PvP, but with a garbage story. The raids were fun af, but a lot more things to do would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Swervin81 is a beast in PvP!

Our Destiny 1 group that lasted to the end consisted of:

2 Leafs Fans
2 Flyers Fans
1 Sens Fan
1 Canes Fan
1 Wings Fan
1 Bruins Fan
1 Penguins Fan
1 Oilers Fan
1 Wild Fan
1 Rangers Fan
1 Man of God

How did we get anything done? lol.

Leaf fans were the best btw

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

2 Leafs Fans
2 Flyers Fans
1 Sens Fan
1 Canes Fan
1 Wings Fan
1 Bruins Fan
1 Penguins Fan
1 Oilers Fan
1 Wild Fan
1 Rangers Fan
1 Man of God

I'm not a Leafs fan. ;)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

2 Leafs Fans
2 Flyers Fans
1 Sens Fan
1 Canes Fan
1 Wings Fan
1 Bruins Fan
1 Penguins Fan
1 Oilers Fan
1 Wild Fan
1 Rangers Fan
1 Man of God

Man of God. Lol.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

2 Leafs Fans
2 Flyers Fans
1 Sens Fan
1 Canes Fan
1 Wings Fan
1 Bruins Fan
1 Penguins Fan
1 Oilers Fan
1 Wild Fan
1 Rangers Fan
1 Man of God

I think you're stretching "lasted to the end" a little bit.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

2 Leafs Fans
2 Flyers Fans
1 Sens Fan
1 Canes Fan
1 Wings Fan
1 Bruins Fan
1 Penguins Fan
1 Oilers Fan
1 Wild Fan
1 Rangers Fan
1 Man of God

:laugh:

God ****ing dammit, you remembered :rant:. At least I was able to be somewhat useful in PvE's and raids. Be it in the most haphazard and rudimentary way possible, but still. My most fond memory would be when me and Brolly had that streak going for a good week where we got the same damn exotic item within ****ing hours of each other. Some weird ass cosmic connection there.

That said, it's kinda scary how I can still vaguely most of the names to the teams on the list. I remember.

Last edited:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
You aren't capable of detecting choppiness under 100fps. The human mind can't do it. It's imagined.

Edit: Additionally, most monitors and TVs, even those that advertise at 120hz, don't actually hit that. They come in much lower.

LOL here we go :laugh:

show me 100 vs 60 ill pick out the 60 every time.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH

2 Leafs Fans
2 Flyers Fans
1 Sens Fan
1 Canes Fan
1 Wings Fan
1 Bruins Fan
1 Penguins Fan
1 Oilers Fan
1 Wild Fan
1 Rangers Fan
1 Man of God

I'm here to tell you that you did not last to the end, friend.

Excuse my salty language.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
:laugh:

God ****ing dammit, you remembered :rant:. At least I was able to be somewhat useful in PvE's and raids. Be it in the most haphazard and rudimentary way possible, but still. My most fond memory would be when me and Brolly had that streak going for a good week where we got the same damn exotic item within ****ing hours of each other. Some weird ass cosmic connection there.

That said, it's kinda scary how I can still vaguely most of the names to the teams on the list. I remember.

Youuu cannn putttt it on theee booooooooooooooooaoaoaoaooaoaoaoaoaooaoaoaoaooardddddd

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'm here to tell you that you did not last to the end, friend.

Excuse my salty language.

I'll remember this next time we have one of our deep conversations about life and...certain scenarios that may or may not present themselves in life for 1 million dollars.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008

I'm curious where this information comes from.

LOL here we go :laugh:

show me 100 vs 60 ill pick out the 60 every time.

No, you really won't.

Actually, you can. The difference is quite apparent.

I encourage you to try it out one day if you have a store nearby that has both on display.

Of course, whether or not that matters to you as a gamer is an entirely different subject. :laugh:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Actually, you can. The difference is quite apparent.

I encourage you to try it out one day if you have a store nearby that has both on display.

Don't believe anything you see in a showroom. They frequently will use various tricks to make you pay for more expensive (but no better quality) products.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Don't believe anything you see in a showroom. They frequently will use various tricks to make you pay for more expensive (but no better quality) products.

Well, that could very well be true.

I do own a 100Hz monitor. There is definitely a difference between the two frame rates, although that difference diminishes the higher you go. Human eyes are, of course, different from one another. I actually tend to notice it on the desktop while re-positioning windows and the like more than in game, myself.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be all "pish posh check out my stupid expensive monitor" on anyone else (because it was overpriced :laugh:). The point is it's noticeable.

Anyways, I'm not sure where or why this got derailed from the 30 vs 60 multiplayer discussion. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad