Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
All this early crucible footage makes me glad that this litre of rum was on sale. Running in a straight line is the fastest way to get around now. Firing a sniper bullet in a crucible match will be about as rare as getting a hand job from a unicorn.

sounds a lot better then running around with shotguns and not using primaries

they need to make strafe speed fast, lower ttk and it will instantly better than the crap in D1

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
And who's to say that the world in Destiny 2 will be more fulfilling and have a greater depth than the first game? Also, the Crucible is clearly something they put a lot of effort into but the P2P connection killed it for me.

Umm just based off what they announced yesterday, I think it's safe to say the worlds will be bigger, and more fleshed out with things to do, and worthwhile. The first one was quite lacking in a fulfilling world and depth, so we're probably ok on that front.

Getting sniped 5 seconds into a match needed to be fixed, and having Titans/Warlocks abuse a mechanic that wasn't intentional making them faster than Hunters who had the highest agility but were the slowest is also a good fix.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Liked a lot of what I saw yesterday, but still pretty disappointed overall.

It's 2017. P2P and 30 fps is inexcusable for a AAA game of this magnitude. I thought dedicated servers and 60fps would be a slam dunk, but boy was I wrong.

Not a PC gamer at all but I'd be pretty annoyed at not being able to play on September 8th. Wonder if they hold back the raid until PC has been available for a few weeks. Otherwise the raid on PC is going to be a pretty underwhelming experience with a month of info and guides readily available from console.

Not a fan of 4v4 for all gamemodes either. There should be an option. I'd understand and be okay with 4v4 for a Ranked, competitive playlist. But 6v6 is a lot of fun. Was hoping we'd even see a big team battle/ground war game type in D2 of 8v8 or even more.

I have a love/hate relationship with the speed of D1 pvp gameplay and all the ability spam. I understand the changes to movement speed, and the slower/universal ability cooldowns. Team fire and communication is gonna be huge. The TTK in some of these engagements with primary weapons is too slow right now IMO. But again, this is an early build and perhaps these weapons are nowhere near what will be the meta.

I'll be there at midnight on day 1 probably grinding for 24 hours straight, but this franchise always leaves me wanting more

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
sounds a lot better then running around with shotguns and not using primaries

they need to make strafe speed fast, lower ttk and it will instantly better than the crap in D1

There will still be people running around with shotguns and grenade launchers. Difference now is you won't be able to do jack **** to them because they'll be the two people in the match who have "power ammo" and you'll have the same **** primary you've always had.

Roaming supers are similarly unchecked. Can't run away cause the movement sucks, can't snipe one in the head because nobody's gonna have any bullets. Roaming titan smash lasts 15 seconds and there's nothing you can do about it.

The design philosophy here is straight garbage. If they want to go so hard into primaries, remove the power ammo in crucible altogether, because as it stands the 2 people who actually get it when it spawns have more of an advantage than anything in D1. It would still be fundamentally bad design, because instead of actually having the talent to balance their weapons they're just going with "actually no we're giving you basically zero choice in how you play this game now."

Last edited:

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
The thing I don't like about the power ammo crate only dropping ammo for you is you will have to fight for the crate with your teammates. Get there first and hold square the quickest? Gonna be tilt inducing when a random teammate "steals" it from you.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Hoping for 60fps with this game was setting yourself up for disappointment, although they should've probably been able to reach that in PvP with it being only 4v4. No dedicated servers is inexcusable though.

The power ammo crate only dropping for one person is really dumb. Just have it drop like 2-3 packs of a very small quantity of ammo (like 2 grenades for the launcher, or 1/1.5 clips of sniper ammo).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The checklist for being able to fire a gun in crucible that isn't a primary in Destiny 2 consists of:

1) be alive when the ammo drops
2) kill anybody on the other team who's trying to get it (taking damage cancels pickups, so you can't open a crate if you're getting shot at)
3) open it before that rando on your team gets it

And honestly, at that point, who would ever use a sniper rifle/shotgun/fusion rifle? Grenade launchers blow people up. They aren't quite rocket launchers but they're still the safest/easiest thing to use.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
There will still be people running around with shotguns and grenade launchers. Difference now is you won't be able to do jack **** to them because they'll be the two people in the match who have "power ammo" and you'll have the same **** primary you've always had.

Roaming supers are similarly unchecked. Can't run away cause the movement sucks, can't snipe one in the head because nobody's gonna have any bullets. Roaming titan smash lasts 15 seconds and there's nothing you can do about it.

The design philosophy here is straight garbage. If they want to go so hard into primaries, remove the power ammo in crucible altogether, because as it stands the 2 people who actually get it when it spawns have more of an advantage than anything in D1. It would still be fundamentally bad design, because instead of actually having the talent to balance their weapons they're just going with "actually no we're giving you basically zero choice in how you play this game now."

1-2 people having power weapon is ****ing way better then every idiot in d1 with snipers, shotguns. It's no different then in halo where 1 or 2 guys might have power weapons.. saying that I also think the set up they have right now is far from perfect (shouldn't be getting rockets and grenade launcher ammo)

Still don't have enough info but hopefully they charge slower and apparently the elemental primary does bonus damage

Can't tell right now about the movement speed but if your batching about ice skating shot that titans did or w/e.. yeah it ducks but it makes no sense when hunters are the slowest... hopefully base movement speed is high

The pop doesn't even look close to good don't get me wrong, the guns they were using looked like and acted like common weapons, I hate how it feels like I'm fighting the weapon when I use it in destiny. Go back to the present reach/h5 shooting not ****ing shooting a sniper and my reticle jumping to the ****ing skies... change that and up movement speed and I'll play it

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
People who care about frame rate shouldn't be playing games on consoles.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
People who care about frame rate shouldn't be playing games on consoles.

this new gen of console gamers drive me crazy. graphics graphics graphics 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 4k 4k 4k..... :laugh:

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
they dont really have an excuse for pvp not being 60 fps other then lazyness

I'm not sure about that. It seems to fit in with their ideology of keeping PvP/PVE the same and not providing separate balancing options. They seem to want the guns/abilities/etc the same regardless of the activity, making PvP 60 FPS and not PVE would go against that line of thinking. Not to say I agree with that line of thinking but I can understand it. Personally, I'm disappointed that it won't have 60 FPS it's not a deal breaker for myself and I'll likely still pick it up.

As for PvP concerns I'll let the beta show me what it feels like. I still play the Destiny PvP daily so if they can keep the same feel to Destiny 2 PvP I'll still enjoy it.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
So far the complaints are mostly about the PvP, which is ok for me since I'm strictly PvE.

If I were a Crucible guy I could see being annoyed. The dedicated server thing is a big sore point with that crowd.

But...most of what's new here appears to be targeted at players like me, so I'm happy. Stuff like Lost Sectors/Treasure Maps/etc is exactly the type of thing I was looking for them to add.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
the thing im most interested is seeing how end game pve stuff are going to be like with the new weapon slots.. no more sniper/shotgun plus heavy is gonna be interesting during raids.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I don't notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps, so I don't care about that. I found connections in PVP perfectly fine the vast majority of the time, so I don't care about it still being p2p.

I don't really like that all PVP is now 4vs4. I liked the big battles.

And I don't fully unerstand what guided gaming entails. Ive learned from Overwatch that raids should NEVER have match making. Competitive matches in overwatch hinge ENTIRELY on communication, but still only like 10% of players use Mics. I was pro matchmaking in Destiny... But then I played overwatch. In fact, if a game utterly HINGES on communication, un-mic'd players should be banned in my opinion.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Their guided games thing just seems like they're streamlining the LFG process into the game itself, which is fine enough. I'm sure it'll suck for people most of the time, but the hope is probably just that when you finally do find a group that doesn't suck, you just stick with them from that point on and never have to use the service again.

Either that or they've trivialized the content in the name of accessibility to the point of communication and ability being less relevant. With the changes to the weapon system this wouldn't surprise me. Either they're balancing raid encounters around primary weapon usage or they'll have to add something to refill everybody's ammo after a wipe.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Yeah. I don't care about 30FPS. Maybe I should but it has never prevented me from enjoying a game. I still greatly enjoy Destiny's PvP and will continue to enjoy it at 30FPS.

As others have stated, I would much rather have them dedicate the time to a more fulfilling campaign and PvE experience.

As far as the why would anybody use snipers. From what I have seen they are one shot weapons, no matter if it's the body or head. It also looked like people keep the power/heavy ammo between rounds as long as they don't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad