Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Well 1) at least you get it on PC, 2) better than releasing a half assed version on PC which a lot of games do.

Very, very true. I'd rather it be delayed than come out half assed.

That said, it still makes you wonder...how friggin' hard would it be to release at the same time? :laugh:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

4v4 crucible and you're letting gunslingers run around with 6 golden gun shots.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
It's a shame, but if it isn't ready it isn't ready.

It's not like they have a ton of experience creating a PC game.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

4v4 crucible and you're letting gunslingers run around with 6 golden gun shots.

Way too early to be complaining about balance issues, those are things that will hopefully be fixed in the next few months plus the beta.

Although I'm still bummed about 4v4..just have a 4v4 play list..I can already see how dumb 3 flag control is going to be.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Way too early to be complaining about balance issues, those are things that will hopefully be fixed in the next few months plus the beta.

Although I'm still bummed about 4v4..just have a 4v4 play list..I can already see how dumb 3 flag control is going to be.

Who says three flag control is even in the game?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
TBH the slower pace of the game and all these roaming supers all seem better suited to 6v6 anyways. Long + universal grenade cooldowns, nerfed movement speed, near absence of 1-hit kill weapons. The things that make 6v6 a cluster**** don't exist anymore.

4v4 would be better in Destiny 1... this doesn't seem like Destiny 1.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
All this early crucible footage makes me glad that this litre of rum was on sale. Running in a straight line is the fastest way to get around now. Firing a sniper bullet in a crucible match will be about as rare as getting a hand job from a unicorn.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
All this early crucible footage makes me glad that this litre of rum was on sale. Running in a straight line is the fastest way to get around now. Firing a sniper bullet in a crucible match will be about as rare as getting a hand job from a unicorn.

And now there's literally no point in using a fusion rifle either.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

Yea but they listened to the community or something

Seriously, it's 2017 and they couldn't hit 60fps on a 4v4 MP mode..

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Frankly, I'd be interested to see how Destiny 2's shooting 'feels' at 60fps.

Bungie shooting mechanics always have a great 'feel' to them, something intangible that's hard to describe. But ALL the shooters they've made to date that have provided that great feel have been 30fps.

I wonder just how tied that framerate is to the specific, particular 'feel' of the shooting Bungie provides.

It's like just a bit floating, just a bit weighty... it's very, very different from the incredibly snappy, almost twitchy feel of most 60fps shooters. In the newest Halo feels different at 60fps. Not BAD, at all, but definitely not like any Bungie shooter ever has.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
gotta say im pretty disappointed in the class abilities ive seen.. pretty much the same as D1..

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
gotta say im pretty disappointed in the class abilities ive seen.. pretty much the same as D1..
Well they basically changed one sub class per class, and changed a lot of the old things about the other 2 per class.

Supposedly PvP doesn't have dedicated servers though, if I was planning on buying this on PC I might be thinking about changing platforms tbh.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I thought D2 was supposed to be a big leap forward? Looks like the same game. I don't really understand the appeal to begin with but was hoping Bungie would show me something as a PC player.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
To me, the biggest leap forward D2 needs to take is in the campaign. Maybe I'm in the minority who really thought the campaign had potential but just fell short.

I thought the shooting, visuals, music, etc. were all top notch in Destiny....the shortcomings were mostly in a lack of content (unique content, as in not doing the same thing over and over again) and a story that made absolutely no sense.

Some tweaks to multiplayer (both PvP and interactions in PvE) would also be welcomed, but I don't know if 4v4 was the way to go. We'll see.

Mind you, I stopped playing before the Taken King so.....

Last edited:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
yeah the problem for me was micro-sized maps and a lack of stuff to do. from first glance, it looks like they've addressed that.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Well... it looks really good. I like the visual style a lot. The weapons especially.

I'm definitely leaning towards buy. I got annoyed by Destiny and it's lack of things to do but I also put in a lot of hours where i was loving it.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's the morning after and I still can't believe they killed Destiny.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So apparently there are no dedicated servers for PVP. Funny how they think it's a better network experience to do P2P instead of a fully fledged dedicated server. A multi-billion dollar company in Activision can't spend a little extra to run dedicated servers for a mode pretty much everyone is going to play. **** you.

Starts around 1:10:50

IGN: "Crucible tech, specifically Trials of Osiris, you guys know that is one of your premier multiplayer modes. Are we getting dedicated servers?"

Mark Noseworthy: "We are not getting dedicated servers."

IGN: "RIP the dream. Why?"

*long pause of silence*

Luke Smith: "It's just not an investment that we made for Destiny 2, like the uh... I understand there's certainly a desire for it. You know, the smaller team format, although it's one person bigger in the Trials case for sure here, in the smaller team format in general it's easier for us to find tighter matches. And we're also going to rechange the parameters for matchmaking, to refocus on connection quality instead of like Trials win matching. WE're gonna like change the, we're going to change a bunch of parameters to focus on giving people a better network experience."

Basically, straight up ******** and excuses.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The PvE universe was always the portion of Destiny that had much higher potential. If they come closer to realizing that potential in D2, I couldn't care less about the Crucible. The Crucible was basically a time filler because the PvE universe lacked depth and meaningful replay value.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
And who's to say that the world in Destiny 2 will be more fulfilling and have a greater depth than the first game? Also, the Crucible is clearly something they put a lot of effort into but the P2P connection killed it for me.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The PvE universe was always the portion of Destiny that had much higher potential. If they come closer to realizing that potential in D2, I couldn't care less about the Crucible. The Crucible was basically a time filler because the PvE universe lacked depth and meaningful replay value.

scrubquotes.txt

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
scrubquotes.txt

Nah. If I'm going to play a PvP game competitively, I want it to have a meaningful ladder system and not be gear based. Destiny failed in both of those requirements. I'll stick to games with better executed PvP systems. The crucible was a fun time waster, but didn't offer anything particularly enthralling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad