Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I should absolutely be able to get the best gear through PvP. I don't even care if they make it super hard but if somebody is shredding the Crucible or whatever other PvP events they should be getting the best gear, especially since most people just cheese the raids for gear anyway. I don't see how glitching a raid over and over again equals "earning" it more than someone who is dominating PvP play.

End game pvp drops the best pvp related gear.

End game pve drops the best pve related gear.

That's the way it currently works, and that's the way it should stay.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
End game pvp drops the best pvp related gear.

End game pve drops the best pve related gear.

That's the way it currently works, and that's the way it should stay.

I don't really have a problem with that if that's how it works now. When I stopped playing though I know I was forced into raiding to get the highest level gear just to keep up with what people were bringing into PvP. I just want to know that if I'm sinking a ton of time into PvP exclusively that some guy who cheesed a raid with some randoms isn't going to come into PvP and outclass my gear. That's ridiculous.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't really have a problem with that if that's how it works now. When I stopped playing though I know I was forced into raiding to get the highest level gear just to keep up with what people were bringing into PvP. I just want to know that if I'm sinking a ton of time into PvP exclusively that some guy who cheesed a raid with some randoms isn't going to come into PvP and outclass my gear. That's ridiculous.

Raid weapons typically aren't good PVP weapons. Or at least not significantly better than trials and iron banner weapons. At least not since Vault of Glass was the only raid. There isn't a single Wrath of the Machine or King's fall gun I would use in pvp over my pvp weapons.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Raid weapons typically aren't good PVP weapons. Or at least not significantly better than trials and iron banner weapons. At least not since Vault of Glass was the only raid. There isn't a single Wrath of the Machine or King's fall gun I would use in pvp over my pvp weapons.

I really want to try Fever and Remedy in PVP, but the guys I used to raid with don't play anymore and pugging is downright awful. Anyway, that is D1 talk.

I'd like to see them bring back some style of reforging. I'll use Diablo3 as an example, where you can only reroll one stat line and it's locked in once you choose it. It also becomes more expensive the more you do it. That could work for Destiny. I get way too many trash weapons because they are missing one key stat or just have garbage perks in general.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

Yeah, I stopped when VoG was the only raid. Put in a LOT of PvP hours though.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It's not elitist. You should not be able to max your light level without doing the hardest content. Same in any RPG. The best gear drops from the hardest bosses. Otherwise why would anyone do raids? I say this as a person who did minimal raiding in Destiny the first three years and doesn't raid in WoW and I'm OK with not having the best gear because I didn't earn it.

yeah but you (apparently) voluntarily chose not to raid. that's not the sort of person I was talking about at all. I mean people who can't organize 6 all at the same time for hours at a time. that is certainly not a requirement of "every RPG" to get the best gear. when less than half your player base (on xbox) has completed a raid, which is supposed to be your best content, there's a problem.

no issues with raid exclusive gear, pvp exclusive gear etc. though. you want the vex mytho, do the raid. no problem with that.

RoadDoggFL

Mar 15, 2007
New Orleans, LA
rvb.roosterteeth.com
If you need to reward players with an unfair advantage to play your best content, maybe it's not that good. I'm all about competition, which is why giving the best players the best gear makes no sense to me. It'd be like if the higher ranked team in NHL games got to shoot at a bigger net.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Trying to keep my interest at bay as I likely won't have the time to sink into D2 as I did for Destiny...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Please allow matchmaking for the raids. I know it will be bad with randoms most of the time like most other games, but it at least gives people the opportunity to experience the raid and then maybe later they can get a group of friends together and use the knowledge they gained to finally complete it.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I am totally in agreement that Raid Matchmaking should be an option. More choice I think is a good thing.

But it always amazes me the number of people that can find the time and effort to complain about no matchmaking on a message board but they don't have the time or effort to join a site like 100.io or go to Destiny LFG or Dregslist.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Cross-play with PC should ONLY be a PvE option.

PvP cross-play would be a massacre.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I am totally in agreement that Raid Matchmaking should be an option. More choice I think is a good thing.

But it always amazes me the number of people that can find the time and effort to complain about no matchmaking on a message board but they don't have the time or effort to join a site like 100.io or go to Destiny LFG or Dregslist.

Agreed. I've talked to people on the destiny subreddit who refuse to use those resources. And I would always ask the same thing. If you have time to chime in on the need for in game matchmaking why don't you have time to pop over to /r/Fireteams?

And I've actually got some people tell me "people lie about how experienced they are" like...how is public in game matchmaking gonna make that any better?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Agreed. I've talked to people on the destiny subreddit who refuse to use those resources. And I would always ask the same thing. If you have time to chime in on the need for in game matchmaking why don't you have time to pop over to /r/Fireteams?

And I've actually got some people tell me "people lie about how experienced they are" like...how is public in game matchmaking gonna make that any better?

ingame matchmaking will be far faster, for one. and with a little thought and creativity, it doesn't have to be 100% rando.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I would be okay with something like the 100.io system.

Like search for teammates by class and light level at least. And raid stats would be nice. A vote to kick function might be appropriate too. As well as a mic requirement. I can just see random after random getting dropped into a fire team with no mic.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
ingame matchmaking will be far faster, for one. and with a little thought and creativity, it doesn't have to be 100% rando.

I think the only way in-game raid matchmaking would work is if the raids were set up like the WoW Raids. Now it could have changed since I last played WoW, but in cataclysm they offered a raid finder tool. The raids that were eligible would be simplified and made it so those that normally couldn't do the raids now had the opportunity to do the Raids. IIRC the loot was downscaled and not as good as the loot that one would get from the heroic or normal modes, but it was better than what one might get doing dungeons.

As well, there were minimum requirements in place for the people raiding. Things such as item level had to be above a certain threshold and I believe parts of the story had to be completed as well.

If it was implemented in a similar way I could see a raid finder working out but there's no way a raid finder would work for hard mode raids and I have my doubts if it would work for normal as well.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I'm not sold on raid matchmaking.

I used to be sold on it... until I player competitive Overwatch.

Raids hinge on communication. It's what they're designed for.

And if I've learned anything from competitive Overwatch... it's that around 85% of players won't bother using a mic even though it's crucial for overall team success.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Give them raid matchmaking if they want it so bad. They can deal with the constant squeakers, mutes, and rage quitters.

Maybe LFG would be a decent place again.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
So some leaker made a lot of claims about D2 that we'll see later today on Reddit, and most of it was
...not good. Although he deleted his posts and locked the thread, but someone on neogaf was saying some of the stuff was legit so we'll see. I hope most of it is false.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
So some leaker made a lot of claims about D2 that we'll see later today on Reddit, and most of it was
...not good. Although he deleted his posts and locked the thread, but someone on neogaf was saying some of the stuff was legit so we'll see. I hope most of it is false.

Lol its obviously fake. They claimed that it would be releasing on battle.net instead of Steam. I also trust Shinobi waaaay more than I trust some anonymous poster on reddit.

mea culpa. it will be on battle.net lmao

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They can launch it on Bnet as long as they let Blizzard design the raids. And the quest lines. And actually everything other than the game play.

People are saying cross-save between PS4 and PC which would be nice but also seems far-fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad