Post-Game Talk: Despite Eakins' attempts, the Oilers beat Tampa 3-2

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Okay, while we're riding high on a win (finally!!!), I'm gonna come out and ask 2 very silly questions I couldn't find the answers to:

1) When do I stop being a 'rookie user'?
2) How do I bet this vcash?

1. Eventually
2. Press CTRL + F. Type "vBookie" Click on that link. Click on the thread that you want to bet on. Bet your vCash in the box given, and press the "bet" button or whatever it is.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Really? I just have to laugh at Ference's brutal game. :dunno:
Its just sickening when your "captain" is the worst player on the ice night after night.

Ference was pretty solid the last couple of games.

I thought he quietly did his job tonight.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Is our 4th line our new second line? Why is Fayne still logging less minutes than Ferrence? What does Eakins have against yak??? All criticism aside everyone played pretty solid.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
give dria his 9 games and then send him down

new lines

Hall RNH Eberle
Perron _____ Yak
Pou Arco Purcell
JJ Gordie Hen

players Id like there hmmmm...

Brods
Vermette
Cullen
B schenn
Vinny L

I think these guys would be good pick ups and not too expensive either

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

Oof. If his job was forcing his own turnovers and playing the puck incorrectly, not to mention get dummied several times by young players, then sure. Albeit, I wouldn't say he did it quietly.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
It shows how cowardly the local media is when they won't ask to Eakins face why he's using Yakupov so poorly considering Nail's play. Every member of the media should check their balls (excuse the uber-masculine terminology) at the door and wonder why they got into this business.

If you can't ask the hard questions, you're useless, and don't deserve to be a journalist.

Coming from a journalist.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Winning the Corsi Battle and the Game?

5758377731_Is_this_the_real_life_xlarge.png

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Good game you guys. Played a smart game, and showed a lot of fight. See ya next time.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

There are a couple of player trends that are pretty popular right now...Ference hate and Yakupov love.

Yak can do no wrong (even though he is still a work in progress) and Ference can do no right.

Now fall in line! :D

Actually Ference seems to be getting better. Makes me wonder if he is still working to get back to 100%.

Marincin was good as well but Fayne is the teams best dman by a mile the past 2 games. Marincin will really benefit playing beside Fayne.

Nice to see the boys get a win.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Don't really understand the first period benching Yakupov got. Seemed random and undeserved. Tie game, no mistakes.

The second period seemed reasonable enough given how the team is built; guys are going to get 5'ish minutes a period. That's what his line should be getting.

Third period was just Eakins reverting back to the Ralph Krueger school of "we have the lead bench the Russians." At least in this case he wasn't able to triple shift Petrell in his place.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
The oil are going to ruin yakupov. Ugh

how exactly ??

Yaks game has changed dramatically , I hate eakins , but seriously ???????

He's changed him from a one shot player to a guy that comes back , hits and is just more well rounded , the minutes will come

but some of you guys are stat ****** and nothing else , I for one am happy with the way yak is handled this season

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There are a couple of player trends that are pretty popular right now...Ference hate and Yakupov love.

Yak can do no wrong (even though he is still a work in progress) and Ference can do no right.

Now fall in line! :D

Actually Ference seems to be getting better. Makes me wonder if he is still working to get back to 100%.

Marincin was good as well but Fayne is the teams best dman by a mile the past 2 games. Marincin will really benefit playing beside Fayne.
There's also the anti-Schultz trend. He's been one of our best defensive players in the last couple of games. He isn't physical but he's made some highlight worthy take aways, and his zone exits have been great.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It shows how cowardly the local media is when they won't ask to Eakins face why he's using Yakupov so poorly considering Nail's play. Every member of the media should check their balls (excuse the uber-masculine terminology) at the door and wonder why they got into this business.

If you can't ask the hard questions, you're useless, and don't deserve to be a journalist.

Coming from a journalist.
John MacKinnon had the balls to question management at the press conference for MacT becoming GM. I believe he was murdered afterwards.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Kinda funny that we're tied with Colorado.

It was all puck luck and stellar goaltending from Varly last year for them. Their starting duo is currently injured as well. It was expected for their team to fall off. Good riddance though. The arrogance I saw from their fans on the mainboards made me gag. "#whynotus."

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It was all puck luck and stellar goaltending from Varly last year for them. Their starting duo is currently injured as well. It was expected for their team to fall off. Good riddance though. The arrogance I saw from their fans on the mainboards made me gag. "#whynotus."

Now they're just the #whynots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad