Post-Game Talk: Despite Eakins' attempts, the Oilers beat Tampa 3-2

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
A win!

Unbelievable

Eberle deserves some credit I think. Made some good defensive plays late and a great pick off on that assist.

Yeah. Still flying the zone a lot, but at least he put some effort into having an active stick and made some smart offensive plays.

It feels strange to have a win. It's a good feeling, but I can't help but feel certain that this just extended Eakins' stay for at least 5 more games.

Ah well. Good to win.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yay, a win.

Ok, now that I got that out of the way. Why the **** was Yak benched? Makes me sick.
All the kid does is go out there and do everything the coaches ask of him and he gets rewarded with more bench time. **** off with that garbage.

We should be talking about the win which will likely be a rarity this season. Instead, the main topic will likely be this ass backwards benching. Ticks me right off man and I have never been one to complain about Yak benchings but this is absurd.

Ergot

Pinko
Oct 4, 2014
GVA
Won't be happy till we have more wins then losses

tumblr_inline_mtgn503r3m1s7pnu3.gif

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Hall didn't get an assist on the winner but it was his speed on the forecheck that caused the turnover.

Also have to laugh at the melodramatic Ference hate.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Wow Nuge managed to break the script we all know so well. The other team tying it up late in the third usually means we'll be lucky to get a point.

Good team win.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hall beast mode.

Nuge looked dangerous all game and solid defensively.

Yak looked solid again.

Fayne and Marincin looked unreal.

Scrivens solid.

Draisaitl looked good until the Tampa bay 2nd goal.

Perron looks off this year, hogging the puck extra amount this year.

Perron was a puck hog last season too. IMO this was his best game of the season.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
"I don't know what I feel. What's the opposite of shame?"

"Pride?"

"No, not that opposite."

"Less shame?"

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Eberle had a great game. In fact there were a few key good games from a few players.

Also, I'm gonna be rollin in dat vcash.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Eberle and Perron are still snake-bitten. If they can get going and our 4th line keeps mucking it up that would be great.

Need to figure out this Yakupov situation though, hes looked good and is getting PP time, but Eakins doesnt trust him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad