Post-Game Talk: Despite Eakins' attempts, the Oilers beat Tampa 3-2

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Also have to laugh at the melodramatic Ference hate.
Really? I just have to laugh at Ference's brutal game. :dunno:
Its just sickening when your "captain" is the worst player on the ice night after night.

Nuge93

Stuck in a "Rebuild"
Jun 27, 2013
I liked Petry's game. Anybody that thinks that we'll be able to replace him is out of their minds.

Petry is a stud, our best D along with Marincin. Can't move him.

Send Dr. Drai back, let Arco get time at 2C, and bring in Drai next year when he's ready. Can't have another player forced into a system they aren't ready for. (See; most young Oilers)

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
As I just said in the Yakupov thread, sheltering Yak is one thing, but it's just ridiculous that he's getting less time than Joensuu and Draisaitl. Y'know, the even younger rookie who actually looks like he NEEDS sheltering (unlike Yakupov so far).

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
frnXxyMh.jpg

This. So much this. Very very happy. If we can beat the Caps on Wednesday we could be playing Carolina to at least salvage the start a bit.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Finally a W. Nuge's goal was a laser. 4th line was very good, again. It's weird to have a 4th line that doesn't get absolutely buried every night.

Ference was...Ference. Marincin, Fayne, and Petry had very good outings to my eye. Schultz even broke a couple cycles which surprised the hell outta me.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Awesome game, so happy we won, bet the boys are feeling really good about this one. We beat what people are calling the class of the east and held Stamkos off the score sheet.

Nuge Hall and Yak all looked excellent, Fayne and Marincin are rocks on the back end, eberle played well, our fourth line was excellent, and the Perron Drai Purcell line created a couple great chances as well. Schultz and Petry both had solid outings as well.

Ference still sucks and so does Eakins use of Yakupov. I'm definitely of the opinion we need to pick up a center and send Drai back, he's just not quite ready yet.

Oct 30, 2011
As I just said in the Yakupov thread, sheltering Yak is one thing, but it's just ridiculous that he's getting less time than Joensuu and Draisaitl. Y'know, the even younger rookie who actually looks like he NEEDS sheltering (unlike Yakupov so far).

Yeah, Draisaitl is getting every chance to succeed, but it seems like he isn't quite there yet. This homestand will make or break his chances of sticking, and he hasn't quite shown enough.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I mean, yeah, on the one hand the Ference hate is turning into kind of a **********, but on the other hand, it's entirely warranted. Dude looked like Bill Buckner on rollerskates tonight.

Tonight? Try his entire time as an Oiler. Maybe one or two games here and there where he wasn't a complete disaster, but as people have been saying since his first season here, he's god awful and least deserving of playing any minutes on this team.

Gambl0r83*

Where the **** was Yak in the third. Guy plays 10 minutes and still gets an assist and a +1 rating. Leon plays like who he is, a rookie, gets 15 min and a -2 rating. Love the win, but we could've won this 5-2 easily .This coach is a new level of dumb

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Okay, while we're riding high on a win (finally!!!), I'm gonna come out and ask 2 very silly questions I couldn't find the answers to:

1) When do I stop being a 'rookie user'?
2) How do I bet this vcash?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Yak played 10:47, less than any other player.

Some may not agree with me, but:

Good.

Give the guy sheltered minutes and let him build from there.

If Yaks keeps pushing like this, he will eventually get the ice time.

He still has a lot to prove.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Where the **** was Yak in the third. Guy plays 10 minutes and still gets an assist and a +1 rating. Leon plays like who he is, a rookie, gets 15 min and a -2 rating. Love the win, but we could've won this 5-2 easily .This coach is a level of dumb

I couldn't believe it, so I looked it up and indeed, a rookie was given more icetime than Yak. Eakins is a ****ing joke.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Good.

And Draisaitl deserves over 3 minutes more time? Ference almost 10? Joensuu? Even Pouliot got about 2 minutes more time despite being on the same line and doing a whole lot of nothing.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Good.

There's a huge difference between sheltering a player and giving this kind of treatment. Yak's been pushing this gamestyle, since the start of the season. How he hasn't at least earned more icetime and for some reason was the lowest tonight shows absolute crap. Played well in all 3 zones, and created a goal for Schultz. If anything, he's getting treated like crap from Eakins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad