NFL: Deshaun Watson sexual assault allegations

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If these allegations didn't happen and Houston was to trade him, what's the WORST they could get for him?

.....and instead of that, they made-up a story so they get nothing for him?

I am not saying the allegations are true. I am saying there is just no chance a billion dollar organization does THAT.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If these allegations didn't happen and Houston was to trade him, what's the WORST they could get for him?

.....and instead of that, they made-up a story so they get nothing for him?

I am not saying the allegations are true. I am saying there is just no chance a billion dollar organization does THAT.
Considering SF just traded 12th overall and 2 future firsts to get likely the 3rd best QB on their board, a lot. I know the crazy value a good QB on a rookie deal provides, but Watson is a star. Houston making it up makes no sense.

Reactions: Voight

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
A Massage Therapist Tells Her Story of Deshaun Watson’s Behavior

Seems like SI did their homework here and it doesn't look good for Watson given that specific pelvic thrust thing lines up with other allegations.

Talked to some other people about this specific one and yeah--that's just incredibly damaging to Watson's claims of innocence.

Also of particular note--this accuser declining to have Buzbee represent her because she felt "pressured" to sign a contract with them. That raised my eyebrow strictly for how...I guess I'll term it "ambulance chase-y" he's come off with this situation. I hope this accuser gets the justice she deserves, in whatever form it takes.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Teams were/are definitely trying to trade for him. They didn't stop when accusers moved forward. Factual. Insiders would be reporting it if so.

I’m sure any team engaged in trade discussions put the brakes on really quick when the news 1st came out. How can you trade assets for a guy that you know may be suspended or in jail for a while.

It would be a great time for a lowball offer, however the negative press coming to a team for trading for Watson - no way

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I’m sure any team engaged in trade discussions put the brakes on really quick when the news 1st came out. How can you trade assets for a guy that you know may be suspended or in jail for a while.

It would be a great time for a lowball offer, however the negative press coming to a team for trading for Watson - no way
Bill Belichick loves his lowball offers.

But not even he was willing to go along with the Antonio Brown fiasco after Brown was caught sending threatening text messages to a group chat about one of his accusers.

And I think Watson is in hotter water than Brown was.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

But not even he was willing to go along with the Antonio Brown fiasco after Brown was caught sending threatening text messages to a group chat about one of his accusers.

Much hotter water from how things appear, Brown Fed himself out of a boatload of money , will be interesting how this effects Watsons bank account.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
These women will regret going with this sleazeball lawyer but ultimately I'm still not sure his incompetence says anything about the guilt or innocence of Watson.

It doesn’t. But it has a high likelihood of allowing Watson to get away with this stuff (if he is, in fact, guilty...that SI article was really damnig).

Reactions: Canes

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It doesn’t. But it has a high likelihood of allowing Watson to get away with this stuff (if he is, in fact, guilty...that SI article was really damnig).
Yeah that's why I am saying they will regret it. Many of them could have very legit complaints but Buzbee went about this almost all wrong in every way. Clown lawyer who literally believes any publicity is great publicity even if it means letting down his clients.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Yeah, but a good deal of the Brown info came out after he was traded to the Pats, and then he was also let go.

Edit, you're saying the same thing. I don't see how a team trades for Watson right now. It would be a PR mess.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I start to wonder if he knew this avalanche of shit was coming and was the push for his trade request and no thought of reconciliation.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How many masseuses has this guy gone through? :laugh:
I’m sure there is also a group of therapists that are staying silent. Either don’t want to come forward with either an allegation or support.

no logical reason for a pro athlete to be seeing so many different therapists. Have one or two in his teams city and another one or two wherever he makes his off season home.

something is out of the ordinary with him.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
So their retort is literally, “Watson didn’t sexually assault these 20+ massage therapists — see, here’s 18 massage therapists he spent time with and didn’t sexually assault!”

Ok...now I want to now why the hell he sees so many different massage therapists. There’s 24? women massage therapists accusing him right now? Watson’s camp hasn’t denied that he at least saw any of them yet, plus it should be easy to prove if he visited their businesses at the least, so I’ll assume he actually did...plus his side just confirmed another 18...so what, he has minimum gone through 40+ (all women) massage therapists in the past few years? On top of that, the team has their own therapists — so if this is supposedly all innocent, why does he see a different woman every couple weeks outside the team therapists, all of whom would know his medical history and body far better than brand new outside therapists?

Uh huh.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
No, their defense is we have almost as many women who say he’s a good person and directly contradicts the accusers.

It doesn’t matter whether you agree with the strategy, it’s about casting doubt on those accusations.

Reactions: BSHH

member 51464

The only plausible explanation to me would be something like it is standard for NFL players to switch where they go regularly to avoid fans or something.

That is stretching it (no pun intended), and I don't really buy it, but it is about the only explanation I can think of. It would seem easier to just have a full-time person that goes to the practice facility or to his house (I am not sure what the laws are in Texas on that).

Avs44

May 16, 2011
No, their defense is we have almost as many women who say he’s a good person and directly contradicts the accusers.

It doesn’t matter whether you agree with the strategy, it’s about casting doubt on those accusations.
It’s not, though...A direct contradiction would be “we were present at the alleged incidents, they didn’t unfold as the accusers say.”

This is literally just “he’s a good person, see these 18 other massage therapists say they think he’s a good person and he didn’t sexually assault them.”

It reeks of desperation. I’m well aware it’s just to cast doubt on the accusers, but it really shouldn’t. This isn’t some vote on who has more people who say Watson is good/bad — these other 18 massage therapists who swear he didn’t touch them means literally nothing. None of them have any clue what went on in the alleged incidents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pestilence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad