NFL: Deshaun Watson sexual assault allegations

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The fact the best the defense can do thus far is go "yeah well see this one consented" when there's still 20+ cases of presumed non-consenting women is probably a bad sign.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
The fact the best the defense can do thus far is go "yeah well see this one consented" when there's still 20+ cases of presumed non-consenting women is probably a bad sign.

They can't defend anything because the accusers' lawyer hasn't revealed who the accusers are to the Watson camp, even in confidentiality. They were only able to say that this one particular accuser consented because they were able to figure out who she was by connecting some dots.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I started off believing this to be a cash grab but the more this has evolved i believe less and less that it’s a cash grab

and I’m somebody who wanted it to be a cash grab for selfish reasons

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Here's why I believe these women are lying. Again just my opinion. Nobody here knows full truth:

1. A bunch of women claim assault as soon as lady 1 does. Making me think they would realize they have a better shot of getting money out of him because they are one of a many making claims.

You have to have quite a lot of factual evidence about other details, for instance you have to be a masseuse or at least a person who has met Watson in private, and your story has to fully check out. There most likely is some evidence that Watson at least has met those women in private for the lawyer to be interested taking them to this case. You can't be a random girl from Idaho claiming "okay Watson did that to me now give me some $".

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Also why would one need to hire what thus far seems to be at least two dozen different masseuses?

Not saying it means he is guilty or anything but the sheer # of different woman he hired raises an eyebrow from me

That doesn't seem normal behavior to me
This is a big red flag for me as well. I dated a massage therapist once. Almost her entire client base was reoccurring clients. People who get a lot of massages tend to want to find one person to work with. The therapist knows your problem areas, how you like to be worked (rimshot), and a rapport.

Someone of his stature looking for actual massage therapy would try to work with one (or a few) people. Running through therapists like toilet paper sounds like someone thats looking for variety, for some reason...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ah, the "she wanted it" defense.

Deshaun Watson’s lawyer just showcased part of his legal defense

Hardin didn’t confirm or deny whether the quarterback engaged in some kind of physical encounter with the alleged victims, but insisted: “I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false.” The wording of that statement is important because it leaves latitude for Watson's defense team to mount a defense on the basis that any physical contact was something that occurred in a consensual setting — if that's ultimately necessary.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Ah, the "she wanted it" defense.

Deshaun Watson’s lawyer just showcased part of his legal defense

Hardin didn’t confirm or deny whether the quarterback engaged in some kind of physical encounter with the alleged victims, but insisted: “I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false.” The wording of that statement is important because it leaves latitude for Watson's defense team to mount a defense on the basis that any physical contact was something that occurred in a consensual setting — if that's ultimately necessary.
Yep, it's getting worse and worse.

Once you can't even say the event didn't occur, only 'she wanted it', and you add in the fact that 14 women are saying they didn't want it...yeah, it looks bad. Really f***ing bad.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Lawyer Tony Buzbee Says Deshaun Watson Admitted He Pays For Sex During Massages & Makes Women Sign NDAs | BlackSportsOnline

Deshaun Watson didn’t necessarily admit that he pays for sex.

The only thing his lawyer and marketing manager admitted to was Watson has had consensual sexual encounters with women who give him massages.

It isn’t a BIG leap to say that Watson was paying these women for sex under the guise of massages, but they haven’t admitted that.

With that being said it was a bold strategy to admit that Watson has been having these sexual encounters with women who were supposedly just there to give him a massage.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
This is a big red flag for me as well. I dated a massage therapist once. Almost her entire client base was reoccurring clients. People who get a lot of massages tend to want to find one person to work with. The therapist knows your problem areas, how you like to be worked (rimshot), and a rapport.

Someone of his stature looking for actual massage therapy would try to work with one (or a few) people. Running through therapists like toilet paper sounds like someone thats looking for variety, for some reason...
It is the same reason people stick to one doctor, one dentist, one psychologist, one financial advisor, etc.

Once you find a good one who you can work effectively with and create a professional relationship with, you tend to stick with that one individual.

And with Watson's money, I am sure he would be able to get a recommendation from someone for a skilled massage therapist with a great reputation.

Watson's behaviour seems more similar to a guy trying to find a different hook-up on Tinder every weekend.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Also why would one need to hire what thus far seems to be at least two dozen different masseuses?

Not saying it means he is guilty or anything but the sheer # of different woman he hired raises an eyebrow from me

That doesn't seem normal behavior to me

Guess he likes variety. Probably wakes up in the morning and says to himself 'I feel like an Asian today'.

Dude is a freak.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Brown had some horrendous press 2 years ago and that has honestly died down. In the MeToo age tho.... oof this is awful for Watson.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So just a normal saturday night...

This dude career looks f***ed...

We will see how it plays out obviously but if half is true.. what a scum bag.

I doubt it. Even in the MeToo era. Watson is too good at his job to have his career ended by this. Adam Jones got into legal problems almost every off season, Josh Brown beat the crap out of his wife, Vick was in charge of a dog fighting ring etc.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I doubt it. Even in the MeToo era. Watson is too good at his job to have his career ended by this. Adam Jones got into legal problems almost every off season, Josh Brown beat the crap out of his wife, Vick was in charge of a dog fighting ring etc.
Well in this era I think he could get suspended for the whole season in 2021. As of right now his team is irrelevant and the NFL does not need a bad look by giving him only 4 games or so. They will come down heavy on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad