NFL: Deshaun Watson sexual assault allegations

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
no surprise the Watson truthers from the trade thread are also now implying more than a dozen victims(and counting, might have gone up since the time of this post) are lying or it's some Texans conspiracy.

this Watson is a rare combo clubhouse cancer + serial sexual predator.

Good thing we have you here to be the opposite side of the same coin.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So the lawyer said he doesnt know the Texan's owner despite being his friend and neighbor?

I haven't seen any evidence they are friends

As for being neighbors they both live in rich suburb with other rich people ,, That doesn't make them neighbors (Or friends)

Hell I have never spoken a word to people in house directly across or directly behind me

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I haven't seen any evidence they are friends

As for being neighbors they both live in rich suburb with other rich people ,, That doesn't make them neighbors (Or friends)

Hell I have never spoken a word to people house directly across or directly behind me

Pretty much what I've seen as well. The whole 'the lawyer is friends with the owner' thing is being repeated ad nauseam over the internet by people who seem to want to believe that this is some smear job, but as far as I can tell it's one of those "truths" that nobody can provide a link for...

And yeah, it does seem like at one point they lived in the same neighborhood -- but that means nothing. Rich people have similar circles and live in affluent neighborhoods. Buzbee comes across as a practiced clown, but he's pretty much a star lawyer.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
So the lawyer is refusing to release the names of the accusers, even in confidentiality to the Watson camp. At some point, if the accusers want to win the case, they'll have to testify in court, right?

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
So the lawyer is refusing to release the names of the accusers, even in confidentiality to the Watson camp. At some point, if the accusers want to win the case, they'll have to testify in court, right?

You can't even get to that stage without knowing the case you have to meet.
The tactic is even more ridiculous given that this is a civil proceeding.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
The text message where Watson said something to the effect of "I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable" is quite telling.

Why would he have felt the need to send that message? That is the type of message you send when you know you probably crossed a line, and you are hoping the person will accept your apology and forget about it.

People don't send those types of text messages unless they did something or said something they know they shouldn't have, and are hoping that the other person lets them off the hook.

Reactions: CDJ

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If it was one or two accusers, I might believe it considering how shady the lawyer is. But 14, man.
Or there very well could be a couple of women who joined in who really are lying to cash in. Who knows.

The thing is these cases aren’t connected, so even if Watson’s lawyers are able to chase away a couple of frauds, that doesn’t help them at all for the dozen(s) remaining.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't even know what to make of all of this.

If he did do all of these things, I hope he gets the proper punishment and learns from his mistakes in life.

However, if he's being unjustly accused here then I hope he and his lawyers are afforded every possibility to clear his name.

It's just such a confusing case right now.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I don't know whats what but it sure " looks " ugly.
How does one un-burry your self from such a huge mess.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also why would one need to hire what thus far seems to be at least two dozen different masseuses?

Not saying it means he is guilty or anything but the sheer # of different woman he hired raises an eyebrow from me

That doesn't seem normal behavior to me

Reactions: Bocephus86

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't know whats what but it sure " looks " ugly.
How does one un-burry your self from such a huge mess.

I think the only way out is what Florio suggested--settle and settle with full confidentiality that prevents them from cooperating with the NFL's investigation (if they do one, and I'm sure they will).

Now, that's just from the "Watson is innocent" perspective.

If he's guilty, then I'm not sure there's a way to unbury anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad