Sportsnet: Dermott hit from behind suspendable?.?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm so ****ing sick of it at this point.

Same **** with the playoffs last year against Boston. Game 2 there was several blatant attempts to hurt our players? What does Lebrun and co. say? Absolutely ****ing nothing.

Chara goes around punching our players in the back of the head, what does Lebrun and co. say? Absolutely ****ing nothing.

Nazem Kadri makes a dirty play or Muzzin's takedown goes bad in a fight? OH MY GOD EVERYONE FREAK OUT NOW!

It's gotten to the point where you can blatantly attempt to injure our players and you won't even get a ****ing phone call. Our players are absolutely 100% aware of this and that's why Dermott was so furious at the end of the Wings game...
Going back to last years playoffs remember when Kucherov got suspended 1 game, this hit that looked exactly the same hit that Kadri was suspended 3 games in the 2018 playoffs. Hell Pierre McGuire used Kadri's hit as an example. Plus Tampa was losing 5-1 at the time of the Kucherov's hit and Toronto was losing 4-1 at the time of Kadri's hit. So you tell me how does Kadri get 3 games and Kucherov get 1 game?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Going back to last years playoffs remember when Kucherov got suspended 1 game, this hit that looked exactly the same hit that Kadri was suspended 3 games in the 2018 playoffs. Hell Pierre McGuire used Kadri's hit as an example. Plus Tampa was losing 5-1 at the time of the Kucherov's hit and Toronto was losing 4-1 at the time of Kadri's hit. So you tell me how does Kadri get 3 games and Kucherov get 1 game?

Appreciate the input. No call on wingles for the elbow of course either.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Appreciate the input. No call on wingles for the elbow of course either.
Exactly because in Kadri's mind he was sticking up for Marner. Now unlike last Saturday when Mantha went after Muzzin after he delivered a 100% legal hit, the elbow against Marner and no call is what sparked Kadri to do what he did.

Another suspension that also didn't make sense was Hyman getting 2 games last season for this hit, yet we have seen similar hits this season against other Leafs like Jeff Carter on Alex Kerfoot that went without a penalty or suspension.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Exactly because in Kadri's mind he was sticking up for Marner. Now unlike last Saturday when Mantha went after Muzzin after he delivered a 100% legal hit, the elbow against Marner and no call is what sparked Kadri to do what he did.

Another suspension that also didn't make sense was Hyman getting 2 games last season for this hit, yet we have seen similar hits this season against other Leafs like Jeff Carter on Alex Kerfoot that went without a penalty or suspension.

Wingles charged Marner and elbowed him, kadri tried to carry his head off because he knew the refs weren’t going to protect Marner. That’s unfortunate but necessary by Kadri. I’m glad he did it at the time. How much garbage did debrusk get away with with no calls also. The refs caused us a disadvantage by the way they call our games. Proof is coming out in this thread to show that it is a even a higher level of disregard for our players safety.

Its incriminating stuff in here that shows bias.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
So here we are Dermott hit from behind again, no call, targeted by the refs and called for a despicable call and then taken out even sneakier for concussion protocol. I’ll be adding video later or if someone else wants to feel free. Complete joke and its not even debatable any longer that it is bias.

Time to start giving the refs the business in Toronto at home games.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So here we are Dermott hit from behind again, no call, targeted by the refs and called for a despicable call and then taken out even sneakier for concussion protocol. I’ll be adding video later or if someone else wants to feel free. Complete joke and its not even debatable any longer that it is bias.

I'm looking on Twitter right now and so far I don't see any videos that were tweeted about him getting hit.

I also agree it's a joke at the questionable hits he gets and him getting a questionable penalty which spoiled Andersen from getting a shutout was horrible.

Reactions: Al14 and Azazel

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Any chant of Fire Parros, Campbell or Wakom should get the leagues attention on this. If I could afford tickets I would be chanting this from puck drop to final whistle.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
One suspension per decade, everyone knows the rules.

Here's a list of players suspended for player-on-player offences both as and against the Maple Leafs this decade.

Against the Leafs
OFFENDERVICTIMDATELENGTH
FERENCEGRABOVSKIMAY 1 20131 GAME
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
As Leafs
OFFENDERVICTIMDATELENGTH
BROWNJOVANOVSKIJAN 14 20113
MACARTHURABDELKARDERSEPT 30 20113
LUPULHEDMANMAR 30 20132
CLARKSONSCOTTSEPT 22 201310
KESSELSCOTTSEPT 22 20133
ASHTONSMITHOCT 30 20132
KADRIBACKSTROMNOV 13 20133
PHANEUFMILLERDEC 8 20132
CLARKSONSOBOTKADEC 12 20132
KADRIFRASERMAR 16 20154
KOMAROVMCDONAGHFEB 18 20163
KADRIGLENDENINGAPRIL 2 20164
POLAKBJORKSTRANDMAR 22 20172
KADRIWINGELSAPRIL 12 20183
HYMANMCAVOYDEC 8 20182
KADRIDEBRUSKAPRIL 13 20195
KERFOOTJOHNSONNOV 23 20192
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

55 vs 1, how logical and fair!

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Here's a list of players suspended for player-on-player offences both as and against the Maple Leafs this decade.

Against the Leafs
OFFENDERVICTIMDATELENGTH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
As Leafs
OFFENDERVICTIMDATELENGTH
MACARTHURABDELKARDSEPT 30 20113
LUPULHEDMANMAR 30 20132
KESSELSCOTTSEPT 22 20133
ASHTONSMITHOCT 30 20132
PHANEUFMILLERDEC 8 20132
KADRIFRASERMAR 16 20154
HYMANMCAVOYDEC 8 20182
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I remember in the pre-season against Ottawa in 2011 when Grabovski was hit with either an elbow or from behind by Chris Neil and was surprised he was not suspended, because it was at the time when Shanahan was running that department and was suspension happy. I only remember that since I see Clarke MacArthur's name and he was suspended during that same pre-season.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016

Against the Leafs
OFFENDERVICTIMDATELENGTH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
As Leafs
OFFENDERVICTIMDATELENGTH
MACARTHURABDELKARDSEPT 30 20113
LUPULHEDMANMAR 30 20132
KESSELSCOTTSEPT 22 20133
ASHTONSMITHOCT 30 20132
PHANEUFMILLERDEC 8 20132
KADRIFRASERMAR 16 20154
HYMANMCAVOYDEC 8 20182
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Also worth noting that the minimum suspension for a TML is 2 games. Doesn't matter when or who, or how severe the hit.

How many flying elbows have we seen in Bos games alone? Head shots? Hits from behind?
Those who wonder if this is league mandated only have to look at how officials that "miss" these hits from behind are still in the league and calling games the next day. But of course, we are assured that they get 'disciplined' by not reffing further games.

Jean Hebert will be going no where. He is 110% exactly the type of official the league wants. Ignores obvious attempts to injure then makes up calls if the victimized team attempts to defend itself. He is a league shill and calls games the way wakom and campbell want it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Also worth noting that the minimum suspension for a TML is 2 games. Doesn't matter when or who, or how severe the hit.

How many flying elbows have we seen in Bos games alone? Head shots? Hits from behind?
Those who wonder if this is league mandated only have to look at how officials that "miss" these hits from behind are still in the league and calling games the next day. But of course, we are assured that they get 'disciplined' by not reffing further games.

Jean Hebert will be going no where. He is 110% exactly the type of official the league wants. Ignores obvious attempts to injure then makes up calls if the victimized team attempts to defend itself. He is a league shill and calls games the way wakom and campbell want it.
I remember when Joffrey Lupul got suspended for the first time in 2013 because of an elbow to Victor Hedman he got 2 games, even though it was his first time being in trouble with the Department of Player Safety.

It was the same thing this season with Alex Kerfoot and his 2 game suspension.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlrb/doc/2010/2010canlii58123/2010canlii58123.pdf

Heres a little light reading for those who wonder why im pointing to Campbell and Wakom.

TL:DR Campbell emails Wakom often telling him which officials he likes/dislikes and his angry emails are often directed at officials who don't 'call the game' the way he likes. This includes personal vendettas and certain players Campbell dislikes. The case was lost because Warren assumed he was fired over his union activities.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Against the Leafs
OFFENDERVICTIMDATELENGTH
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
As Leafs
OFFENDERVICTIMDATELENGTH
MACARTHURABDELKARDERSEPT 30 20113
LUPULHEDMANMAR 30 20132
KESSELSCOTTSEPT 22 20133
ASHTONSMITHOCT 30 20132
PHANEUFMILLERDEC 8 20132
KADRIFRASERMAR 16 20154
HYMANMCAVOYDEC 8 20182
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Very telling. Don't tell me the League is treating our Leafs fairly!

Reactions: Azazel

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlrb/doc/2010/2010canlii58123/2010canlii58123.pdf

Heres a little light reading for those who wonder why im pointing to Campbell and Wakom.

TL:DR Campbell emails Wakom often telling him which officials he likes/dislikes and his angry emails are often directed at officials who don't 'call the game' the way he likes. This includes personal vendettas and certain players Campbell dislikes. The case was lost because Warren assumed he was fired over his union activities.

Walkom is a well known Campbell acolyte. In the 2011 playoffs, the Bruins went 6-2 in games Walkom officiated, 10-7 in games he didn't. Walkom by total coincidence was "chosen" to officiate the deciding games in the Flyers, Lightning and Canucks series.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I'm so ****ing sick of it at this point.

Same **** with the playoffs last year against Boston. Game 2 there was several blatant attempts to hurt our players? What does Lebrun and co. say? Absolutely ****ing nothing.

Chara goes around punching our players in the back of the head, what does Lebrun and co. say? Absolutely ****ing nothing.

Nazem Kadri makes a dirty play or Muzzin's takedown goes bad in a fight? OH MY GOD EVERYONE FREAK OUT NOW!

It's gotten to the point where you can blatantly attempt to injure our players and you won't even get a ****ing phone call. Our players are absolutely 100% aware of this and that's why Dermott was so furious at the end of the Wings game...
My father claimed that the Leafs always get injured because they're not "tough enough". I said "No, the Leafs always get injured because the NHL has made it very clear to every team in the league that if you play the Leafs, you can do whatever you want without fear of punishment."

Having enforcers won't help when one of these cheap shots takes away one of the young stars long-term...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

lmao the Leafs are nothing more than Bettman's disposable income my man. No way that morgue of an arena will start any good chants against the refs.

You're not even entitled to protection from the refs if you're in a Leaf's uniform. The refs literally let Chara get away with shit that's illegal in MMA (punching the back of the head).

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
lmao the Leafs are nothing more than Bettman's disposable income my man. No way that morgue of an arena will start any good chants against the refs.

You're not even entitled to protection from the refs if you're in a Leaf's uniform. The refs literally let Chara get away with **** that's illegal in MMA (punching the back of the head).
Bettman should have also not made that joke about how the Leafs don't like the current playoff format.

Also who can forget Chara getting away with this punch on Tavares in last seasons Game 7, which obviously did not result in him getting a penalty when the Leafs were losing 2-1.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Bettman should have also not made that joke about how the Leafs don't like the current playoff format.

Also who can forget Chara getting away with this punch on Tavares in last seasons Game 7, which obviously did not result in him getting a penalty when the Leafs were losing 2-1.

The ref, right there, literally staring at Chara decking Tavares.
And Muzzin turns around probably to ask him if he's f***ing blind.

What a world we live in.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The ref, right there, literally staring at Chara decking Tavares.
And Muzzin turns around probably to ask him if he's ****ing blind.

What a world we live in.
I have seen this image posted before and think it's appropriate to post it again.

ekwjjj7xuaaiawt.jpeg

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Someone at Sportsnet (being the national rights holder) needs to grow a pair and call out the very poor and rapidly declining level of officiating. To their credit, the media has stopped the farcical "They do a great job...." narrative they used to throw out about reffing. Now its time to actually start a discussion about it. The blatant game management has to stop.

Props to Tortorella for bringing league wide attention to the level of incompetence that we're subjugated to every night.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Someone at Sportsnet (being the national rights holder) needs to grow a pair and call out the very poor and rapidly declining level of officiating. To their credit, the media has stopped the farcical "They do a great job...." narrative they used to throw out about reffing. Now its time to actually start a discussion about it. The blatant game management has to stop.

Props to Tortorella for bringing league wide attention to the level of incompetence that we're subjugated to every night.
I know it's not the same type of situation but Sportsnet and even TSN at this time never brought up how in last years Game 5, the Bruins had scored a goal in the final 30 seconds that looked to be offside which made it 2-1. Instead they only focused on that Auston Matthews goal which was still allowed despite the review for goalie interference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad