Sportsnet: Dermott hit from behind suspendable?.?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Peter McDougall and Marc Joannette were the refs!

Leaf fans should start reacting to this. Management does nothing, the concussion spotter didn’t even go to the bench,not even a penalty on a late hit never mind a hit from behind etc etc

God damned joke really no? Blatant attempt to injure???? I think absolutely yes

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
IMO it's not as bad a Kerfoot's because it's right next to the boards so while Dermott goes into the boards it's not as dangerously as Erik Johnson did. That being said this is the type of hit they should be getting rid of. I think it should have been 5 and a game on the ice. If it was then I'd be fine with no suspension. Given that it was nothing I think it should be a game, but that's not how the world works. It should be.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Beer&penny toss the refs as they come out as tradition. Give out mini sticks as promotion on all home games. Long as its heavy. Make up rats in referees shirts and sell them on the street for cost lol outside the rink. Opportunity there someone ;))

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
If Matt Martin is on the 4th line, that crap doesn't happen, and if it does, Okposo get's tuned, pronto.

Tell me guys like Marner, Matthews, and Tavares wouldn't have Martin in a heartbeat. Tavares has been getting absolutely POUNDED on the past 4 games, and he just get's up and skates away. It hurts to see to be honest.....

Worse thing they ever did was get rid of Komarov and Martin.

Imagine a 4th line of Komarov - Goat - Martin

Komarov was the one who kept Marchand distracted all the time with Marchand trying to kiss him on TV timeouts. F*ck I miss having players like them...So pathetic and cringy watching players like Dermott, Kappy and Hainsey back in the day, having to fight for their teammates and risk injuries. Then you have Matthews who has to act like he's going to do something about it when one of his linemates gets destroyed. He goes over to them and gives them a look, shakes his head and saunters back to the bench..Get us some f*cking gritty players..Agostino would be nice!

All teams take liberties with our stars because there are no consequences. Wake up Dubas..for *** sake, an infant could see the **** you miss with this roster makeup. But I'll shutup and "keep calm and believe in the process" or whatever..

Last edited by a moderator:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I would like to see more video of not to far back hits on leafs in here that were suspendable but didn’t end up suspensions. Anyone that can put these in i would appreciate it!

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
That should be at least 4 mins last night or a game suspension. It is not late. Okposo started the hit after the puck was gone.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yes... Imagine a 6m+ fourth line.
Okay, I just imagined it. I hate it, and that's a horrible idea.

Are you kidding? We would have lost last night because our 4th line wouldn't have scored twice, and we also wouldn't have probably Kapanen and Johnsson because we can't afford them. But that just means we could put Mason Marchment on our 3rd line, it's a win win :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Komarov was the one who kept Marchand distracted all the time with Marchand trying to kiss him on TV timeouts.

It was such a treat watching Komarov shut Marchand down. Notice how low Marchand's point totals were against Leo and how we were able to beat Boston in the playoffs with him and Martin? Of course now that they're gone we've regressed again them. :sarcasm:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs lack of toughness on the roster, is an underlying issue why Leafs players are more inclined to get predatory like hits as there is no on ice retribution.

I fear as the playoffs draw near or even during that Leafs star players will be targeted and Leafs will have a tougher time staying healthy for long runs if they're open to physical abuse.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
I still can't believe that having the former head of dops as team president still gives us zero leverage to launch rightful protests, welcome to Bettman's NHL.
The players' safety is more important than any game and if the league is too incompetent and too corrupt to care about it, then it is Dubas' job to face the reality and alter the roster.
It may be nice to have 4 speed lines and you may win a playoff round or two but there's no way you can win a Cup with zero muscle anyway.
I have no idea if Korshkov or Agostino can help in this way but if so, they need to make room.
And hire Chris Pronger as a consultant, teach these guys how to defend themselves with their sticks.
Dubas has to face reality and start protecting his players.

Reactions: ToneDog

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Worse thing they ever did was get rid of Komarov and Martin.

Imagine a 4th line of Komarov - Goat - Martin

Komarov was the one who kept Marchand distracted all the time with Marchand trying to kiss him on TV timeouts. F*ck I miss having players like them...So pathetic and cringy watching players like Dermott, Kappy and Hainsey back in the day, having to fight for their teammates and risk injuries. Then you have Matthews who has to act like he's going to do something about it when one of his linemates gets destroyed. He goes over to them and gives them a look, shakes his head and saunters back to the bench..Get us some f*cking gritty players..Agostino would be nice!

All teams take liberties with our stars because there are no consequences. Wake up Dubas..for *** sake, an infant could see the **** you miss with this roster makeup. But I'll shutup and "keep calm and believe in the process" or whatever..

Martin got blackballed by Babcock because he went after badcock for the Marner incident and Uncle Leo had to hold Martin back from gaffling on to babcock. Thats why Martin is gone. The whole room loved that guy

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We don't have our Claude Lemieux's son nore nobody to defend our buddies. Our captain tavares etc have been bruised up and beaten down this season and nobody does nobody. Dubas loves this type of "game" and "ice hockey". He is trying to change the game :biglaugh: It's not possible. Every other ovechkin tocchet sullivan trotz lamoriello team knows this, the st louis blues. Everybody. They are going to keep injurying our players and pounding them down. Cause we allow and dubas allows.

How nice :clap: More of this please. Its one way to go. Down.

Reactions: Azazel

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
Yes... Imagine a 6m+ fourth line.
Okay, I just imagined it. I hate it, and that's a horrible idea.

We'd be cup contenders if that was our 4th line. Of course it's too much money, just like all the extra money we needlessly wasted on our stars right? It wasn't an idea, it was a fantasy because that's all us Leafs fans can do, is fantasize about what it would be like to have a legitimate cup contender.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Martin got blackballed by Babcock because he went after badcock for the Marner incident and Uncle Leo had to hold Martin back from gaffling on to babcock. Thats why Martin is gone. The whole room loved that guy
So why haven't we gotten our new martin back? Whom's job's is that to do?

Not Lou Lamoriello's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad