Sportsnet: Dermott hit from behind suspendable?.?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I agree

Imagine Gretzky not have Semenko as his bodyguard.

Imagine having a (Wilson Anderson or Kassian) on Mathews and Nylander wing .

At the very least having someone with big balls to say to the other team. You go after our top guys, I will target your top guys.
The next time buffalo comes to town he can let Okposo know you try what you did to Dermot again .
Tell your boy Dahlin and Eichel to keep there heads up.
You can have all the skill you want but you need someone to calm the other team down, it's still hockey .

It's funny we spend 40 mil on 4 players but we can't invest 1 contract on a tough son of a *****.

Maybe we have to overpay for say an Anderson but wouldn't it be worth it to protect your investment.

I think so.
Kassian is a UFA this coming summer !!!!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No thanks. Point padding with Mcdavid and Drai, going to be on the wrong side of 30 and get both money and term.
Especially the way Dubas negotiates.
Going to be a long line of UFA's at his door this summer.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
You guys are gonna love this..

We've out suspended teams 15-0 in the last 6 seasons.

We're undefeated if you will

That's unbelievable. If I remember anything from stats class, that would be so far to one side of a bell curve, you would need a separate page. I think it's what they call "statistically significant". What a corrupt league, I'm ashamed that I even keep watching.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
It's the real time delay to the hit that makes it a suspension, plenty of time for him to disengage and yet he still follows through. The league has ZERO consistency with these things, embarrassing.

They're consistent, with giving the American teams a slight edge. If a team like Edmonton or Ottawa did that to us, there would more likely have been a suspension. If Dermott did that to a player on an American team, there would be a suspension. Who in the NHL Head Office in New York wouldn't want the (Buffalo NY) Sabres to squeak into the playoffs just ahead of the Leafs?

Last edited:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
You guys are gonna love this..

We've out suspended teams 15-0 in the last 6 seasons.

We're undefeated if you will

The Leafs are 1 of 30 teams (31 since Vegas), but let's just keep it simple since Vegas has only been in the league not even 3 years...so the Leafs is 3.33% of the league (1 of 30), but they've been suspended for double that percentage at 6.67% (15 of 225), while no other player on any other team has been suspended for an offense against Leaf players for that 7 year period!

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
They're consistent, with giving the American teams a slight edge. If a team like Edmonton or Ottawa did that to us, there would more likely have been a suspension. If Dermott did that to a player on an American team, there would be a suspension. Who in the NHL Head Office in New York wouldn't want the (Buffalo NY) Sabres to squeak into the playoffs just ahead of the Leafs?

Please explain why there's nothing here...no penalty, no fine, no suspension...if you watch the entire video, Malone of the Oilers actually walked to his own dressing room on his own accord thinking that he was getting a game and that his night was done...that's how egregious the hit was...it's laughable that he got nothing.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It would be a start if Dubas acknowledged the need for one such player. If our PP is going to be our enforcer, we better get it fine tuned and clicking on all cylinders asap.

The refs heard that and had other thoughts...

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Please explain why there's nothing here...no penalty, no fine, no suspension...if you watch the entire video, Malone of the Oilers actually walked to his own dressing room on his own accord thinking that he was getting a game and that his night was done...that's how egregious the hit was...it's laughable that he got nothing.

Was hoping it was not ALL other teams getting away with it when playing us. Maybe it just seems like American teams more likely to get away with it, because there are so many more American teams. Guess we're blacklisted.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He plays with McDavid .
He can play with Mathews .
I would sign him.
Bring up korshkov .
Toughness solved.

Yeshhhh he’s cheap and from Ontario too. Costs nothing in assets. How anyone can even debate the need and opportunity in this tidy package is crazy.A good team player that can actually play and look after guys by thundering opposition with clean big checks back. They want that game then we are armed for it. Run our stars, we’ll take a shot at yours. Seems fair enough and required enough for me too.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He plays with McDavid .
He can play with Mathews .
I would sign him.
Bring up korshkov .
Toughness solved.
Similar to Montreal, a big city like Toronto will have too many temptations for him.
A shit stain town like Edmonton is the perfect place to keep his demons in check.

horner

May 22, 2007
Yeshhhh he’s cheap and from Ontario too. Costs nothing in assets. How anyone can even debate the need and opportunity in this tidy package is crazy.A good team player that can actually play and look after guys by thundering opposition with clean big checks back. They want that game then we are armed for it. Run our stars, we’ll take a shot at yours. Seems fair enough and required enough for me too.
maybe our pp will scare players

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

horner

May 22, 2007
Similar to Montreal, a big city like Toronto will have too many temptations for him.
A **** stain town like Edmonton is the perfect place to keep his demons in check.
Like any player on our team .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad