Sportsnet: Dermott hit from behind suspendable?.?

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
When I suggested we grab Zac Kassian off waivers in 2015 almost every Leaf fan here who posted thought that was a crazy idea.

Consider what our state was in 2015 lol.

Different dynamics now.

LW is absolute pile of crap for Matthews and Nylander. Bring him in

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
wow, that's pretty bad, are you sure that the hit on the left was a suspension. In my opinion the hit on Dermott was a penalty and maybe a fine, but no suspension.
2 games for "interference" because it was
1. So late
2. From behind where McAvoy couldn't see

Interesting logic given the Dermott non-call

Reactions: Azazel

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
2 games for "interference" because it was
1. So late
2. From behind where McAvoy couldn't see

Interesting logic given the Dermott non-call
It definitely was a penalty, suspension may be harsh, but so many Leafs have been suspended on less, which is why so many Leaf's fans are complaining.

Reactions: Guy Boucher

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It definitely was a penalty, suspension may be harsh, but so many Leafs have been suspended on less, which is why so many Leaf's fans are complaining.
Agreed, I'm fine with a suspension (or not) but hold a consistent standard. That's been a big issue, especially with the Leafs for a while now.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The only thing worse than not having a penalty and a suspension, is that Eichel scored a goal right after the hit. At the time it was a 4-1 Leafs lead and maybe the game doesn’t end 4-3 if a penalty is called. Had the Leafs lost this hit becomes as bad like when Darcy Tucker was hit from behind by Alfredsson in the 2002 playoffs.

Reactions: Al14

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Similar to Montreal, a big city like Toronto will have too many temptations for him.
A **** stain town like Edmonton is the perfect place to keep his demons in check.
There wealthy in any of these cities. If they want to get coke, they can get coke. No city really changes that. It is more getting away from hanger-ons who encourage that behavior and deciding you yourself don't want to do it. Any sizable city has drugs or bars if you want them. If you can get drugs in jail, you can get them anywhere.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
If you watch some of the mic'd up videos the NHL puts out most of the Canadian refs sounds like they're straight out of Trailer park boys.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Some more updates that came up today. I am really glad this issue is not going away and is being taken on by many. Really pleased! The bias is real and we will out it as fairly as we can. So here is another article with some good video in
The Toronto Maple Leafs Must Question NHL Department of Player Safety
That hit on Buchnevich was ridiculous, what a corrupt league. Parros isn't smart enough to make decisions by himself, he's just a tool. I'd just be telling my guys they're on their own, learn to use that 5ft piece of composite in your hands if somebody is charging you, the league doesn't care.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Some more updates that came up today. I am really glad this issue is not going away and is being taken on by many. Really pleased! The bias is real and we will out it as fairly as we can. So here is another article with some good video in
The Toronto Maple Leafs Must Question NHL Department of Player Safety
I honestly wonder if Parros is holding it against the Leafs because he got into that fight with Colton Orr when he got that concussion and it basically ended his career.

Last edited:

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
When I suggested we grab Zac Kassian off waivers in 2015 almost every Leaf fan here who posted thought that was a crazy idea.
I was pushing for a Brown for Kassian trade all of last year.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
the DoPS just flat out doesn't even do their job anymore.

Unreal how they just completely glazed over this.

unreal eh! Garbage and seeing Dermott call them out was absolutely telling on how the players are seeing the exact same thing we are. Holl comes after him and stands up for Kerfoot. Thats team building us in a very strange way.

Scumbags at TSN don’t even have a blip on it far as i can find???? Really wtf is up with that. The next time they go on about the least little thing one of our players do i swear i will lead a boycott against them publicly as is i possibly can. I’m calling them out now but they damn well crucified every Leaf they ever got a chance to.

League apologist Pierre Lebrun should be on their soon justify the non suspension again. Parros should be fired, he’s a complete incompetent.

Reactions: Azazel and IPS

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
unreal eh! Garbage and seeing Dermott call them out was absolutely telling on how the players are seeing the exact same thing we are. Holl comes after him and stands up for Kerfoot. Thats team building us in a very strange way.

Scumbags at TSN don’t even have a blip on it far as i can find???? Really wtf is up with that. The next time they go on about the least little thing one of our players do i swear i will lead a boycott against them publicly as is i possibly can. I’m calling them out now but they damn well crucified every Leaf they ever got a chance to.

League apologist Pierre Lebrun should be on their soon justify the non suspension again. Parros should be fired, he’s a complete incompetent.
I'm so f***ing sick of it at this point.

Same shit with the playoffs last year against Boston. Game 2 there was several blatant attempts to hurt our players? What does Lebrun and co. say? Absolutely f***ing nothing.

Chara goes around punching our players in the back of the head, what does Lebrun and co. say? Absolutely f***ing nothing.

Nazem Kadri makes a dirty play or Muzzin's takedown goes bad in a fight? OH MY GOD EVERYONE FREAK OUT NOW!

It's gotten to the point where you can blatantly attempt to injure our players and you won't even get a f***ing phone call. Our players are absolutely 100% aware of this and that's why Dermott was so furious at the end of the Wings game...

Kingstondude84

Dec 22, 2019
Honestly the league is a walking joke is when it comes to player safety, I really have lost track of what they consider suspendable vs non suspendable, sad state of affairs! Last game alone there were 3 suspendable plays, none of said players got a game, one walked away with a slap on the wrist.

The dermott hit? Bloody right it was a supensnion worthy incident! Guy had his back turned, player saw he got rid of the puck then drilled him right into the boards.

Kingstondude84

Dec 22, 2019
Maybe next time there is a GM meeting Shanny can bring a laptop and show the bias to the rest of the league.

I'm not so sure there is a bias but the league is certainly picky and choosy when it comes to dishing out a suspension.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I'm just going to say this.

Leafs players got suspended for stuff other players didnt recieve a penalty for.

Plain and simple, no consistency and a clear bias against leafs forming in the last few years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad