Derick Brassard

IHeartZherdev*

He has no room on any night unless its on the powerplay, not a coincidence.

Good players produce no matter who is "keyed in on the them" - not that I buy that defenses are concerned with Brassard at all, but that's not an excuse for someone not to produce.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
He has no room on any night unless its on the powerplay, not a coincidence.

Brassard is about an dangerous as a bunch of dorm chicks having a pillow fight. Someone might break a nail.

I highly recommend you watch the last two games again.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
If he's so worthless and such a bad player, how about we trade him to Det for a 3rd so we can watch him avg 2ppg against the Jackets :sarcasm:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Congrats on the biggest overreaction thread ever. I bet a **** ton of money you wouldnt make this thread if we beat PHX and COL. But wait the team didnt and obviously the season is over and its all Brass' fault. We played 4 games.

Paisano*

First thing I did when I got NHL 13 for Christmas, was trad Brass. He is garbage. He is nearly as bad as Fedorov.

Garbage? C'mon that's a little strong! I might call him a bust as a #1 draft pick but had we gotten him in the 2nd or 3rd round and he produced as he has we'd all be "ticked pink" as Dougie used to say!
I'm still holding out hope for the guy, I think he's got the talent to be a top 6 center but he has to have some top six players with him. Howson has never been able to grasp that concept, that's why Nash is gone.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Garbage? C'mon that's a little strong! I might call him a bust as a #1 draft pick but had we gotten him in the 2nd or 3rd round and he produced as he has we'd all be "ticked pink" as Dougie used to say!
I'm still holding out hope for the guy, I think he's got the talent to be a top 6 center but he has to have some top six players with him. Howson has never been able to grasp that concept, that's why Nash is gone.

Can't you see that's all Brass's fault? If his "How to be a GM" tutoring sessions went better with Howson, Howson would have put together a better team!! :sarcasm:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
4 games after a week long training camp with no real game action since last April?!?

I'm no Brassard lover, but it seems we're being a bit hasty on his play for THIS season, let alone calling him a bust for his NHL career.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
4 games after a week long training camp with no real game action since last April?!?

I'm no Brassard lover, but it seems we're being a bit hasty on his play for THIS season, let alone calling him a bust for his NHL career.

Yea I'll say. We had two bad games due to horrible early starts. The talk in the room is to eliminate that. Lets see if they can do that, until then, lets hold off on the panic button and blaming individual players.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Congrats on the biggest overreaction thread ever. I bet a **** ton of money you wouldnt make this thread if we beat PHX and COL. But wait the team didnt and obviously the season is over and its all Brass' fault. We played 4 games.

Overdramatic aren't we?

This posting style is annoying. No one here said that start was Brassards fault. Now if you want to pay attention to the OP and the title of the tread, why don't you actually tell us why Brassard isn't a bust. You know, like I did?

As a side note, if we hadn't been destroyed the last two games the equally overdramatic OP probably wouldn't have created this thread. Along the same, if Brassard wasn't taking totally moronic penalties and key times in the game and hadn't turned into the turnover faerie, he wouldn't have created this thread either.

If you are going to go postal on a thread, at least walk off the cliff for what what it states not what that extra voice or three in your head is telling you.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yea I'll say. We had two bad games due to horrible early starts. The talk in the room is to eliminate that. Lets see if they can do that, until then, lets hold off on the panic button and blaming individual players.

Once again where is the "blame"? The accusation is that he is a bust not that he is single-handedly responsible for the last two losses.

The thread goes from on topic to people coming in and getting the impression, because of you, that we think a single player is responsible for our poor road trip.

CBJ103

Mar 15, 2011
Powell, OH

Have to agree with this. Although tonight's guest moderator will likely inform me why I shouldn't.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Overdramatic aren't we?

This posting style is annoying. No one here said that start was Brassards fault. Now if you want to pay attention to the OP and the title of the tread, why don't you actually tell us why Brassard isn't a bust. You know, like I did?

As a side note, if we hadn't been destroyed the last two games the equally overdramatic OP probably wouldn't have created this thread. Along the same, if Brassard wasn't taking totally moronic penalties and key times in the game and hadn't turned into the turnover faerie, he wouldn't have created this thread either.

If you are going to go postal on a thread, at least walk off the cliff for what what it states not what that extra voice or three in your head is telling you.

Wow man you really are all on my nutsack, like constantly. Not sure your obsession with me but oh well. Btw, Irdgaf if you think my posting style is annoying, I'm not going to change it bc you disapprove. Theres an ignore list.

As for this thread, I'm making a pretty safe assumption its because we lost 2 straight games. Theres two pages of people supporting my opinion, I really didnt think I needed to add to it. Quite frankly its not worth my time and neither are you.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
I wanted him gone last year. The longer he plays for us, the lower his trade value.
$3.7 mil next year is ridiculous.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
Good players make room for themselves even if the other team really is focusing on them, which they aren't for Brassard. I see the same things I've seen over and over again with him. This doesn't mean he's a bust at all, but compared to the lofty expectations that were set for him and the slot he was drafted at, I wouldn't say he made himself good value for what could've been more, especially at the contract he has...yikes

IHeartZherdev*

I wanted him gone last year. The longer he plays for us, the lower his trade value.
$3.7 mil next year is ridiculous.

In 2011, Logan Couture signed a 2 year, $5.75 million dollar extension through the 2013-2014 season.

Somehow, even with that recent market, back in 09 we gave Brass double that at $12.8 million over 4 years

IHeartZherdev*

At some point, we deserve better effort and production from our players. Regardless of whether we like them or not. I've got an RJ jersey and have been a huge fan of his since he's been here. But I won't blindly defend his marginal play or disappearing acts any more.

It's the same with Brass. He showed his potential and skill, the organization rewarded him, and he has not been good since he signed it. It's not just these 4 games. If an organization rewards you with millions of dollars, you can at least go hard with your effort on the ice and off the ice. He knows how disappointing he's been so he should have the drive to get better, work hard, and try to live up to the commitment that was made to him.

With the amount of skill Brass has, there is no way a guy like Matt Calvert should be more noticeable than him every shift.

Last edited by a moderator:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
At some point, we deserve better effort and production from our players. Regardless of whether we like them or not. I've got an RJ jersey and have been a huge fan of his since he's been here. But I won't blindly defend his marginal play or disappearing acts any more.

It's the same with Brass. He showed his potential and skill, the organization rewarded him, and he has not been good since he signed it. It's not just these 4 games. If an organization rewards you with millions of dollars, you can at least go hard with your effort on the ice and off the ice. He knows how disappointing he's been so he should have the drive to get better, work hard, and try to live up to the commitment that was made to him.

With the amount of skill Brass has, there is no way a guy like Matt Calvert should be more noticeable than him every shift.
I dont think Im going to knock his effort but his ability to actually put up points is not near good enough. But then again no one on this team is putting up points, Im not making excuses Im just saying. The way he's getting paid, he needs to be able to put up numbers. Not good enough but far from a bust.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
So the problem here is Scott Howson overpaid Brassard, giving him a contract he didn't deserve and now feels pressured to live up to. Yeah, THAT has never happened before!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00