Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I know Leafs got away with some as well. just 2 years in a row now there was a take down one of them injuring Knies and no call. then again on Matthews I dunno how those dont get called. but not blaming the loss on the refs. Leafs gotta score when they get 5 PPs
There was no penalty on the Mathews play because McAvoy was coming in to wrap him up and Mathews was bracing for a bigger hit. It was Mathews force that pushed the two of em backwards and down to the ice.

But I get being hyper vigilant against anything that looks like a play which hurt a guy in the past.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think we view series differently when our team is in it. Marchand face washing Sedin and the Bruins crashing into Luongo. But teams should know by now that the refs let a lot go in the playoffs. Full marks to the Bruins for recognizing that in 2011 and so far in 2024. Intimidation and getting under skilled players skins has always been a big factor in the playoffs.

To be fair, many of the Vancouver players were embellishing constantly and making the refs job more difficult. Perhaps like this series it leads to whistles away more often (the Marchand/Bertuzzi exchange).

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yep. 1 for 11 ain't the refs fault.

5 straight play off losses at home not a recipe for success either.
New coach incoming .
I admire the use of logic and the effort to make factual arguments. Sadly though, this isn’t the place for it.

What you refuse to accept is that if the Bruins had 110 penalties called against them in the first three games, then the Leafs would have TEN playoff goals. And that’s real offense.

Ant that, my friend, is on the Refs. And also the Bruins for not committing a penalty close to once per minute played.

Whatever. Either way that travesty is not on the Leafs or Keefe.. You can only complain so much, after that the refs have to do the work.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I admire the use of logic and the effort to make factual arguments. Sadly though, this isn’t the place for it.

What you refuse to accept is that if the Bruins had 110 penalties called against them in the first three games, then the Leafs would have TEN playoff goals. And that’s real offense.

Ant that, my friend, is on the Refs. And also the Bruins for not committing a penalty close to once per minute played.

Whatever. Either way that travesty is not on the Leafs or Keefe.. You can only complain so much, after that the refs have to do the work.
Wtf did i just read.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think we view series differently when our team is in it. Marchand face washing Sedin and the Bruins crashing into Luongo. But teams should know by now that the refs let a lot go in the playoffs. Full marks to the Bruins for recognizing that in 2011 and so far in 2024. Intimidation and getting under skilled players skins has always been a big factor in the playoffs.

And the Bruins didn't recognize it against Florida last year or against the Blues in the Final a few years ago. They have been messed up by playoff rules just as much as the benefactors of it.

Reactions: rfournier103

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Have folks seen this angle?

Embarrassing watching the Bruins dive all over the ice this series.

Saw it yesterday. f***ing embarrassing. And then Maroon making sure Reaves wasn't on the ice before going all gangster.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad