Value of: Depth defenceman to Edmonton

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Interesting name. Does Tampa still have a defenceman to spare even with Dotchin coming to camp looking like King Robert Baratheon?

Very likely. Koekkoek might get leapfrogged again.

Problem is, I don't think we can take on any forwards. We're just flat-out stacked up front.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Canucks have a vet in MDZ or a younger commodity in Pouliot. The former making 3M with 1 yr left the latter at 1M for 1 yr. If you want best of both worlds, we have a young grizzled vet signed to a long term deal in gudbranson. Also a RHD unlike the other 2! Since he brings both qualities to the table he earns both their pay checks combined (4M). Since he’s the 3rd member though he’s signed for 3 more years including this season. Make an offer

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Faulk for RNH?

I think this one makes the .ost sense especially if Faulk comes back to form.

giphy.gif

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Sign Dennis Seidenberg so the Isles don't bring him in on a one year deal as well. No trade needed.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Faulk for RNH?

I think this one makes the .ost sense especially if Faulk comes back to form.

RNH is going no where . I like how you slipped in the fact if he rebounds . Lucic for Faulk makes the most sense if he rebounds . You add the toughness your GM talked about . Lucic had 1/2 a down season . Faulk has declined for 3 years and counting

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Alright Oilers fans....season is about to start....i will lower my demands, Carrick+Marincin for a half dozen donuts OR 3 stale bagels???

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
Friedman wrote today that tim heed maybe traded, needs waivers
This is what I came here to say. Heed's value is on the PP, and now he will get roughly zero PP time in San Jose. Edmonton has some spare depth forwards that he can be traded for.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Brickely has outplayed Ladue. Don't see LA trading him right now but maybe a month in if Brickley has further proven in the AHL he belongs up then Ladue could be available.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
RNH is going no where . I like how you slipped in the fact if he rebounds . Lucic for Faulk makes the most sense if he rebounds . You add the toughness your GM talked about . Lucic had 1/2 a down season . Faulk has declined for 3 years and counting

First - bluedevil58 is a bit of a troll it seems. Best to ignore his rabble-rousing.

Second - Lucic's trade restrictions means he has to be protected for the next expansion draft. That exposes us to giving up a younger and better piece. No thanks.

Third - Faulk rebounding seems far more likely. He is younger and is looking great so far under a new system/coach (RBA) and with a new partner (de Haan).

"Faulk has declined for 3 years and counting..." - this is just nonsensical. 15 goals in 14-15, 16 goals in 15-16, and 17 goals in 16-17. Sure he's a minus player, but the Hurricanes have had crappy goaltending and a REALLY hard time scoring goals. Most of our players are minus.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
First - bluedevil58 is a bit of a troll it seems. Best to ignore his rabble-rousing.

Second - Lucic's trade restrictions means he has to be protected for the next expansion draft. That exposes us to giving up a younger and better piece. No thanks.

Third - Faulk rebounding seems far more likely. He is younger and is looking great so far under a new system/coach (RBA) and with a new partner (de Haan).

"Faulk has declined for 3 years and counting..." - this is just nonsensical. 15 goals in 14-15, 16 goals in 15-16, and 17 goals in 16-17. Sure he's a minus player, but the Hurricanes have had crappy goaltending and a REALLY hard time scoring goals. Most of our players are minus.

If we as Edmonton fans believe Lucic can rebound it is only fair we acknowledge the possibility that Faulk will as well.

I wasn't impressed at all by Faulk last year. This year, with a new partner, maybe he raises his value? Good for him, and 'Canes fans, if he does.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I am fairly confident Edmonton could get Petrovic for a pick. A 3rd would be a good deal for the Panthers.
He's a decent third pairing guy with some physicality to him and it's always fun to see him lose fight to Kane.

Reactions: Kellyr

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I'd like kassian on the leafs, but the only realistic defenceman that fits both the cap and request would be carrick. I'd personally do it, but the leafs are short on rhd so it's a bit tricky unless we keep lilly up.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I am fairly confident Edmonton could get Petrovic for a pick. A 3rd would be a good deal for the Panthers.
He's a decent third pairing guy with some physicality to him and it's always fun to see him lose fight to Kane.
If petro got traded to the same division as Kane he would probably just retire

Reactions: klabob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad