Post-Game Talk: Denver at PATRIOTS - practice makes perfect, no practice spells disaster - Pats now 2-3

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Newton did suck in the pocket today, but to be fair he had almost no practice the last two weeks, the offensive line's issues put a lot of pressure on him (and the Broncos played it to not let him scramble), and he didn't have anything to throw to since they always double Edelman and N'Keal Harry is complete trash.

The amount of screens that got blown up on the spot today show how the rest of the league has caught up to McDaniels given the limitations of our deep passing game.

Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Cam missed the throw. Not sure how you can blame Harry on that one. Don't get me wrong, Harry was basically useless today, but that wasn't on him.

So maybe Tom Brady not having a bromance with Harry wasn't the problem?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Titans are going to lose in an excruciating manner on vide replay here where the last second TD catch is going to be overturned because Brown's knee hit out of bounds a tenth of a second before his left toe landed in bounds.

Edit: Holy shit the refs blew it and gave them the TD. Wow. If Houston had fans they'd be going insane right now.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-10-18_17-27-40.png

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Fell asleep after the 2nd Newton pick because it was clear the boys didn’t have it today. Just way too sloppy. Which honestly I should have probably expected

can’t believe they Even got back in it

David Andrews is incredibly important to this team. Shaq too.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
That game was nothing short of a disaster for the Patriots' offense for the second week in a row. I understand the lack of practice due to COVID hurt the team, but the defense played their ass off and held Denver to under 20 points with no practice while the offense sputtered and puked on itself again. McDaniels and Belichick needs to whip the team into shape and if Cam has another putrid game and stalls the offense again, they need to put in Stidham as the QB. They have no choice. He was wishy washy in KC, but the kid needs more snaps for him to develop. You aren't going to gain anything from Hoyer unless you are trying to tank for Lawrence, Lance or Trask. Meanwhile, Cam regressing only hurts your playoff chances. Might as well give Stid the Kid another shot if Cam lays an egg again.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah you absolutely do not bench Cam Newton for Stidham under pretty much any circumstance, especially with a makeshift offensive line and no weapons.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Now that I watched the 4th quarter I can say Jonathan Jones was awesome all game long

Bentley had a good game too. Defense did a great job of bending but not breaking

Reactions: Mione134

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Yeah you absolutely do not bench Cam Newton for Stidham under pretty much any circumstance, especially with a makeshift offensive line and no weapons.

You do if Cam is just going to hold the ball for an eternity, doesn't get the ball out of his hands and just takes a drive killing sack.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You do if Cam is just going to hold the ball for an eternity, doesn't get the ball out of his hands and just takes a drive killing sack.

what exactly do you think Stidham is going to do behind that line that Newton can’t?

if you play Stidham you’re waiving the white flag. Maybe give Cam a little bit of practice time, an actual offensive line, and a singular receiver before clamoring for somebody who has already thrown 2 pick 6’s on like 17 pass attempts. Especially when Cam was great before today

7-17 with 3 picks- 2 to the house- is Peterman territory

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
what exactly do you think Stidham is going to do behind that line that Newton can’t?

if you play Stidham you’re waiving the white flag. Maybe give the guy a little bit of practice time, an actual offensive line, and a singular receiver before clamoring for somebody who has already thrown 2 pick 6’s on like 20 pass attempts

My expectations are low. What I'm saying is that the Patriots might as well give Stidham some stick time if this looks like it is going to be a lost season. He's not going to get better just doing scout team reps alongside that JAG bum Hoyer.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My expectations are low. What I'm saying is that the Patriots might as well give Stidham some stick time if this looks like it is going to be a lost season. He's not going to get better just doing scout team reps alongside that JAG bum Hoyer.

hes also not going to get better while getting teed off on throwing to Damiere Byrd though. If anything you could shatter his confidence. If they lose the next few games then by all means

Reactions: EvilDead

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Titans are going to lose in an excruciating manner on vide replay here where the last second TD catch is going to be overturned because Brown's knee hit out of bounds a tenth of a second before his left toe landed in bounds.

Edit: Holy shit the refs blew it and gave them the TD. Wow. If Houston had fans they'd be going insane right now.
There was a shadow under the knee as the foot cane down from one angle. Super close though.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
The defense and and special teams are very good. Folk to me is a slight worry. Just can’t kick past 50 yards. Offensively there is some holes but not as bad. This team barely practiced for 2 weeks and almost won that game. If they had a full week to actually prepare they would of beat Denver. I thought going into the weekend I might of started Stidham simply because he’s actually done football activities over the last 2 weeks where Newton hasn’t. The fact he didn’t start speaks volumes to me that Belichick doesn’t believe he is the guy going forward.

Reactions: EvilDead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad