Post-Game Talk: Denver at PATRIOTS - practice makes perfect, no practice spells disaster - Pats now 2-3

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Big news today is that a lot of guys are back. Andrews Mason, Cowart, Rivers, Uche, and the mysterious Beau Allen.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah, that's pretty amusing that he's so accurate when they have him throw. I think it's also pretty damning that when they needed a big throw in that last game vs Denver, it wasn't Newton putting it up there. It was JE11. Sad really. But that's what happens when your QB is near the bottom of the league in passing yards, completions, rating, and TDs. I get people want to give him a free pass for whatever reason, but he's been f***ing lousy.

he’s had one bad game coming off of Covid and was good to great in the other 3 with minimal supporting cast. He doesn’t throw a lot of TD passes because he just runs for them instead. He’s close to the top of the league in rushing TD’s. He’s also missed a game (2 if you consider the bye most teams haven’t had) so comparing counting stats vs other QBs is meh. And his completion% is fine, he’s completing 68% of his balls. If he keeps playing like he did against Denver I’ll start to get concerned

He was just really bad this last week but I think many factors go into that- rustiness, injuries, Izzo

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
he’s had one bad game coming off of Covid and was good to great in the other 3 with minimal supporting cast. He doesn’t throw a lot of TD passes because he just runs for them instead. He’s close to the top of the league in rushing TD’s. He’s also missed a game (2 if you consider the bye most teams haven’t had) so comparing counting stats vs other QBs is meh. And his completion% is fine, he’s completing 68% of his balls. If he keeps playing like he did against Denver I’ll start to get concerned

He was just really bad this last week but I think many factors go into that- rustiness, injuries, Izzo

You're an extremely generous grader if you classify his performance against the raiders as "good to great."

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You're an extremely generous grader if you classify his performance against the raiders as "good to great."

probably more like average to good in that game but they hung 36 as a team so it’s kind of hard to bitch too much about the performance (I think one defensive touchdown iirc)

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
probably more like average to good in that game but they hung 36 as a team so it’s kind of hard to bitch too much about the performance (I think one defensive touchdown iirc)

Not to belabor the point, but he was pretty awful that game.

162 passing yds and a 73 rating against one of the worst ranked pass defenses in the league. It was also by far his worst rushing performance so far this year.

Even Wiggy isn't dying on that hill and he irrationally loves the guy.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not to belabor the point, but he was pretty awful that game.

162 passing yds and a 73 rating against one of the worst ranked pass defenses in the league. It was also by far his worst rushing performance so far this year.

Even Wiggy isn't dying on that hill and he irrationally loves the guy.

Well you are definitely belaboring the point, I don’t think he was awful and I didn’t really have any issues with his play outside of the pick so we’ll just agree to disagree. I’m not gonna tell you he was a world beater but he was definitely a lot better than he was this past week, where he was ACTUALLY awful imo

If he keeps playing like this past week Stidham will take over. I just don’t think he will struggle to that extent for an extended period of time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad