Post-Game Talk: Denver at PATRIOTS - practice makes perfect, no practice spells disaster - Pats now 2-3

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Apparently that long sideline pass they gave up to Tim Patrick leading to a FG was out of bounds but nobody bothered to challenge it.

Reactions: CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Winovich’s snap count was way down, that’s weird

Zo and Bertrand talked about this. They were wondering if it had anything to do with his weird interviews he does with them. It's the best Pats interview in town!

As always, Mike Reiss is the king of the Patriots beat. I thought his explanation made a lot of sense.

Reactions: CDJ

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Apparently that long sideline pass they gave up to Tim Patrick leading to a FG was out of bounds but nobody bothered to challenge it.
They had a very bizarre game challenge wise yesterday as a whole. Didn't challenege that pass which you mentioned (later in the game, not that opening drive pass), the White 3rd down (HORRENDOUS spot btw), and then took then forever to challenge the Cam non-TD call as well.

Very weird.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They had a very bizarre game challenge wise yesterday as a whole. Didn't challenege that pass which you mentioned, the White 3rd down (HORRENDOUS spot btw), and then took then forever to challenge the Cam non-TD call as well.

Very weird.

Un-patriot-like in the whole operation yesterday. Bill seemed inattentive, and they only ended up challenging the Cam TD because a Bronco got hurt giving them extra time to look at it. Was Ernie Adams on IR too? It seems like Bill was so preoccupied trying to get the team going despite the lack of practice that he overlooked a lot of the little things that usually they're the master of exploiting.

I'm still annoyed that CBS never gave us a good view of the spot on that James White play - looked like he lunged for it and got the spot, but before they could show us a replay that showed where the ball was when he went down. Jake Bailey was on the field and punting with like 15 seconds left on the playclock. Mind boggling.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Whoever is claiming that needs their eyes examined. It's literally the first highlight and he's not even close to the sideline when he catches it.

Maybe they meant this one? Still clearly got 2 feet in.

WATCH: Broncos’ Drew Lock connects on 35-yd pass to Tim Patrick against Patriots – The Denver Post

Yeah it's the 3rd and 21 completion. That tweet doesn't show it, but the sideline view sure seemed like his toe hit out of bounds before his heel hit inbounds. I remember the replay on the broadcast.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Yeah it's the 3rd and 21 completion. That tweet doesn't show it, but the sideline view sure seemed like his toe hit out of bounds before his heel hit inbounds. I remember the replay on the broadcast.

That's the 3rd toe tap that is half in half out.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

It was. I was stunned by them not even looking at it, tbh. So very unlike BB to miss something that blatant. The dude was juggling the ball and didn't have possession until he was well out.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It was. I was stunned by them not even looking at it, tbh. So very unlike BB to miss something that blatant. The dude was juggling the ball and didn't have possession until he was well out.

The TV replay had 4 different angles that all show the complete opposite. Not to mention it happened on the pats sideline and not one person even tried to lobby for an incomplete pass, which is a given on any close play.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The TV replay had 4 different angles that all show the complete opposite. Not to mention it happened on the pats sideline and not one person even tried to lobby for an incomplete pass, which is a given on any close play.

If we're talking about the same play, I disagree. Either way, let's just cut to the chase. Do you think that was a well played. well coached, well executed game by the Patriots? Because if not, what are you really arguing about?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If we're talking about the same play, I disagree. Either way, let's just cut to the chase. Do you think that was a well played. well coached, well executed game by the Patriots? Because if not, what are you really arguing about?

Huh? I'm arguing one play. That's it.

Not the coaching.
Not the game as a whole.
Not the injuries.
Not covid.

One play.

And it's not debatable. I'm literally watching the replay now on a 75 inch TV. It was clearly a catch with 2 (and a half) feet in. No bobble.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Looks like teams have figured out the one dimensional offense bill and mcdaniels have installed

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Looks like teams have figured out the one dimensional offense bill and mcdaniels have installed

I don't know, having one practice in 2 weeks along with the fact Newton was out as well isn't vey conducive to running a very complex offense. Not that they'd be running one, but you can only
do so much on zoom..

Not to mention all the changes on the o-line.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't know, having one practice in 2 weeks along with the fact Newton was out as well isn't vey conducive to running a very complex offense. Not that they'd be running one, but you can only
do so much on zoom..

I guess we'll see the next test vs the Niners D

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
do so much on zoom..

I still come back to Newton having a piss poor game as the reason they looked so poorly. He sucked. He's always played like shit against Denver through his entire career too, so I'm guessing it's more in his head than his lack of practice time.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I still come back to Newton having a piss poor game as the reason they looked so poorly. He sucked. He's always played like shit against Denver through his entire career too, so I'm guessing it's more in his head than his lack of practice time.

Sure, he was poor. I just think the lack of practice and the o-line playing awful are the biggest issue.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think the OLine being so beat up right now is the bigger issue than anything else.

I mean look at their starting 5 week 1:

LT Wynn
LG Thuney
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Elumenor

Now here's their ending OLine against Denver
LT Wynn
LG Onwenu
C Thuney
RG Froholdt
RT Herron

Tough to get anything going with that. Two rookies and a second year guy who barely played last season.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Both Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap are unhappy with their roles in Cincy, I think Atkins in particular would be a good pickup here. John Ross also requested a trade

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think the OLine being so beat up right now is the bigger issue than anything else.

I mean look at their starting 5 week 1:

LT Wynn
LG Thuney
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Elumenor

Now here's their ending OLine against Denver
LT Wynn
LG Onwenu
C Thuney
RG Froholdt
RT Herron

Tough to get anything going with that. Two rookies and a second year guy who barely played last season.
100% this

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Jules is like 7-8 for 179 yards and 2 TD’s in his career, that’s wild

Yeah, that's pretty amusing that he's so accurate when they have him throw. I think it's also pretty damning that when they needed a big throw in that last game vs Denver, it wasn't Newton putting it up there. It was JE11. Sad really. But that's what happens when your QB is near the bottom of the league in passing yards, completions, rating, and TDs. I get people want to give him a free pass for whatever reason, but he's been f***ing lousy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->