Rumor: Demko is back and at least 4 teams have called and Canucks havent said "No" to them New Source ( ESPN)

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Don't mean to be that guy but isn't speculation pointless when the story is the Canucks said no? Anything can happen obviously but clearly a trade isn't imminent.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Don't mean to be that guy but isn't speculation pointless when the story is the Canucks said no? Anything can happen obviously but clearly a trade isn't imminent.

The blip from the story was that Vancouver hasn't said no. Maybe a little confusing with the double negative.

Per sources, at least four teams have called Vancouver asking about Demko's availability -- and the Canucks haven't said no to any of those teams.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i don't really know what "not saying no" means, but it sounds even less substantial than the old chestnut that a team is "listening" which is in turn a steps removed from actual trade discussions. an asset of demko's stature is not going to be moved without actual shopping and trade negotiations, so i'd say that the canucks have just unboxed the defcon status indicatoor and are now thinking about reading the instructions on how to set it at the lowest setting if they were to decide to plug it in.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
No, it’s not.
Sorry bro, you are wrong on this one. Might want to run your numbers.

Cal Pedersens cap hit with the Kings is 10 million over two years, or 5 per. In the Minors it is 7.75 total, or 3.875 per.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
i don't really know what "not saying no" means, but it sounds even less substantial than the old chestnut that a team is "listening" which is in turn a steps removed from actual trade discussions. an asset of demko's stature is not going to be moved without actual shopping and trade negotiations, so i'd say that the canucks have just unboxed the defcon status indicatoor and are now thinking about reading the instructions on how to set it at the lowest setting if they were to decide to plug it in.
Probably that Demko is available for the right price, but Vancouver isn’t actively shopping him.

Reactions: Gilles Meloche

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I love it when people just put up stats with no context, like it just makes you look uninformed or just plain ignorant, I suppose that's what you were going for?
Thought the numbers spoke for themselves. If you are asking for a big return at least have better numbers than the guy finding his game in the AHL.

Looking at how Rutherford handled his goalies in the past, I'd say Demko is absolutely available.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I wish we created speculation threads for when there's actual confirmation of a deal being hashed out. Not because someone... didn't say no? :laugh:

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Trading Demko would mean a full tear down rebuild for Vancouver. Even after the Horvat trade, I just don't think they have the guts.

Reactions: Sonny A and Cogburn

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Trading Demko would mean a full tear down rebuild for Vancouver. Even after the Horvat trade, I just don't think they have the guts.

It doesnt change the proposed 2-3 year timeline that management says they are aiming to do.

Canucks can easily sign a stop gap goalie like Jarry and continue marinating Silovs who is tracking very well in the AHL.

Demko is only signed for 3 more years anyways and could walk away at the time the Canucks are ready to compete.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Cap hit is contract value/years, not total salary remaining.

Thanks for playing.
Umm, you guys must be new to this. Scroll to buried.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Umm, you guys must be new to this. Scroll to buried.

That is his buried cap hit, not his buried salary. His buried salary is:

1675984941409.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad