Rumor: Demko available? Value?

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Just food for thought. I don’t really have an opinion on what they do with him. But every team has to expose 1 goalie who meets the requirements for the expansion draft. Currently the Canucks don’t have one that actually meets the requirements, including Demko.

If Canucks sign Markstrom and the by the time expansion draft comes, Demko will be eligible and exposed.

Not sure how other team's are looking like and which goalie they would expose but i doubt Seattle passes up on taking Demko as either a starter or backup.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If Canucks sign Markstrom and the by the time expansion draft comes, Demko will be eligible and exposed.

Not sure how other team's are looking like and which goalie they would expose but i doubt Seattle passes up on taking Demko as either a starter or backup.

It depends on A)what other teams are exposing for goalie B) what other player that Vancouver is exposing that its worth grabbing over Demko

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So...after 5 pages, we have had three souls brave enough to make an offer.

Demko+Eriksson for San Jose's 3rd. I like this one.

Demko+Cap Dumps for Burns+Jones. I have been clear I don't like this one.

and

Demko for Caggiula+Teply. This isn't bad, but I really see no need for either player (we are up to the gills in wingers).

Reactions: Diamonddog01

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Demko is worth a high second round pick at the least. He'll be a #1 somewhere in a couple of seasons.
i have seen this from every fan base (NYR, Pitts) with a sparse goaltender. i would bet on the under.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If Demko is dealt, it has to be with the intention of shedding salary.

Demko and one of Eriksson/Sutter/Baertschi for a draft pick or prospect is likely the only trades the Canucks would consider.

Demko + Sutter to Edmonton for a 7th round pick
Edmonton would have to find another deal to move Russell

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY

and

Demko for Caggiula+Teply. This isn't bad, but I really see no need for either player (we are up to the gills in wingers).

I could possibly see Carolina jumping in with an offer if these are the best ones on the table. Not going to guess what their offer will be. Probably a draft day trade.

Also, depends on finding a taker for {Mrazek, Reimer, Ned (2 of 3)}.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I could possibly see Carolina jumping in with an offer if these are the best ones on the table. Not going to guess what their offer will be. Probably a draft day trade.

Also, depends on finding a taker for {Mrazek, Reimer, Ned (2 of 3)}.

Well what's an offer from the Hurricanes look like for Demko? A straight trade, or is a cap dump involved? Who or what would be the return?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Bobby Ryan @50% (3.625)
for
Eriksson
Demko

Basically Demko for 2.375 in cap space.
Sens can throw in a C-level prospect if needed.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Bobby Ryan @50% (3.625)
for
Eriksson
Demko

A few Detroit offers would send a pick our way instead of Ryan. He seems like he will be rebounding once he's back on the ice next season, but we have a ton of wingers already, so we're really more interested in the cap space.

That and Eriksson for Ryan at half retained has been alternatively proposed, rejected and accepted by Ottawa fans without Demko.

Not that it is a bad offer however.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinRedkey

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Bobby Ryan @50% (3.625)
for
Eriksson
Demko

At this stage of the game there is no point in trading ryan unless we get an offer we cant refuse. Not because Ryan has been playing amazing but because there are two years left and we might as well ride it out. Here eriksson sucks, we are retaining salary and are getting a young goalie but questionable in regards to hitting upside in Demko. Not to mention this means we have to find a trade partner for Nilsson or Hog and with the amount of goalies that seem to be available this offseason that would be difficult

Canuck fans are saying that demko is worth a high second. I want to adjust what you did above to this

Our lowest 2nd round pick
for
Demko
Baertschi

Baertschi is the dump with potential to bounce back. We get demko for a cheaper cost which makes it easier to gamble on potential. We dont have to retain salary or take on Eriksson who has been worse than Ryan last couple of years. Canucks get a lower 2nd sure but also save 3.3 million in one deal.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
At this stage of the game there is no point in trading ryan unless we get an offer we cant refuse. Not because Ryan has been playing amazing but because there are two years left and we might as well ride it out. Here eriksson sucks, we are retaining salary and are getting a young goalie but questionable in regards to hitting upside in Demko. Not to mention this means we have to find a trade partner for Nilsson or Hog and with the amount of goalies that seem to be available this offseason that would be difficult

Canuck fans are saying that demko is worth a high second. I want to adjust what you did above to this

for
Demko
Baertschi

Baertschi is the dump with potential to bounce back. We get demko for a cheaper cost which makes it easier to gamble on potential. We dont have to retain salary or take on Eriksson who has been worse than Ryan last couple of years. Canucks get a lower 2nd sure but also save 3.3 million in one deal.

We'd only be saving about 2.3 million, as we're likely burying Baertschi again.

Not a bad offer at all though, if we can't move Demko+Eriksson, I'd definitely consider this.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
We'd only be saving about 2.3 million, as we're likely burying Baertschi again.

Not a bad offer at all though, if we can't move Demko+Eriksson, I'd definitely consider this.

The 3.3 million cap hit is with Sven being buried. Demko is listed as 1.05 cap hit and Sven while being buried is listed at 2.29. Unless im missing something or svens cap number gets readjusted with it being his final year

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The 3.3 million cap hit is with Sven being buried. Demko is listed as 1.05 cap hit and Sven while being buried is listed at 2.29. Unless im missing something or svens cap number gets readjusted with it being his final year

Duh. Thanks for your patience with that. I haven't been sleeping well.

Reactions: TheNewEra

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Bobby Ryan @50% (3.625)
for
Eriksson
Demko

Eriksson and Ryan are both useless, Ottawa can easily accommodate the extra cap hit, and the Sens are saving real money on the deal. I don't see any reason Demko should be included.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

for
Demko
Baertschi

I'd do this for sure. Basically Demko for a late 2nd (i'd take your 3rd instead if that makes it work) and 2.3 in cap space. If Baertschi could stay healthy, he would be an OK stop gap middle 6 player for Ottawa.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

and

Why would teams trade for Demko when there's the expansion draft coming up. No point if given up assets for a player that they could end up losing for nothing. Unless said team plans on playing Demko as a starter thus protecting him, there really isn't much value for a goalie until after the draft.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Damn I remember Demko was basically untouchable on here even a year ago. Now he is chopped liver.. I'd take a chance on him if I was the Leafs. Maybe they can work out something involving Barrie's rights?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Damn I remember Demko was basically untouchable on here even a year ago. Now he is chopped liver.. I'd take a chance on him if I was the Leafs. Maybe they can work out something involving Barrie's rights?
Barries rights is worth like a 6th round pick so definitely not unless you meant barries rights are a throw in and not the main piece

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019

Canucks have no cap for Barrie.

Leafs are poor trade partners. Demko should be attached to a contract the Canucks want to rid themselves of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad