Line Combos: Delia

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
I have high hopes for Delia being the successor to Crawford. That said I think he could use 2 full years in Rockford.

Forsberg = Mitch Trubisky. Has the tools but I’m not confident he’ll be able to put them all together. Would love to be proven wrong on both fronts.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I have high hopes for Delia being the successor to Crawford. That said I think he could use 2 full years in Rockford.

Forsberg = Mitch Trubisky. Has the tools but I’m not confident he’ll be able to put them all together. Would love to be proven wrong on both fronts.
Trubisky appears to be that kid the coach put at QB because he was the superior athlete by far. Trubisky is still an incredible athlete ... playing QB. He's still learning how to play QB in the NFL which is a scary proposition.

Forsberg appears to be the kid with the best hand eye coordination who the coach put at goalie. Unfortunately, he's still learning how to play goalie in the NHL. That's scary. Perhaps it's best Forsberg learns how to play goalie in the minors. That way, he could still be a late bloomer.

The Forsberg / Trubisky comparison is a very good one.

Reactions: icekoob

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Personally, I would love to see Forsberg, Delia, and Lankinen get some more seasoning and slide back into to Chicago when they are playing the way that Chicago is capable of. Even with a healthy Crawford, this team will have a hard time contending. Its just part of paying for the previous 3 Cups. Happened to Detroit too

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
from what I heard from Q last night, seems to think Crow will be ready in the next few weeks..that is a big difference for this team if he is out there in an actual game. Crow to start practicing next week with the team is a huge step for him and one we desperately need...unless you want another top 10 pick then stay away Crow!!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Delia is better than either goalie that played last night. Sad he won't be our goalie next to Crow.

Ward yes.

Forsberg was fine last night. Goal 1 was a post and in snipe off a bad turnover. Goal 2 was a breakaway against Vanek (who is is actually really good on break aways). Neither goal was weak.

Delia is a good goalie but the myth that he has become is not an accurate representation. The number don't back up the view people have of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
I like Delia over Forsberg or Ward. He should get a huge chance here to make his case. But, in typical Q fashion, he'll send him down and we'll give up 5 or 6 goals a game and make excuses.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I like Delia over Forsberg or Ward. He should get a huge chance here to make his case. But, in typical Q fashion, he'll send him down and we'll give up 5 or 6 goals a game and make excuses.

The silver lining for that is that it by all rights should hasten Q, Stan, or both's departure--since neither have been able to change and adapt with the league.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
And Delia is now the backup to Ward. On opening night.

Forsberg is out with an injury.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The silver lining for that is that it by all rights should hasten Q, Stan, or both's departure--since neither have been able to change and adapt with the league.

Minus the fact that FO has focused the last 3 years plus focusing on drafting and acquiring players who are plus skaters and higher skill opposed to size. Kempny? Great Skater. Kahun? Great Skater. Panarin? Great skater. Kampf is another that skates well. Even players like Murphy and Rutta skate well enough to play in the new NHL.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Minus the fact that FO has focused the last 3 years plus focusing on drafting and acquiring players who are plus skaters and higher skill opposed to size. Kempny? Great Skater. Kahun? Great Skater. Panarin? Great skater. Kampf is another that skates well. Even players like Murphy and Rutta skate well enough to play in the new NHL.

And then you have Ward, Kunitz, and Manning. to counteract all that.

Plus, Kempny is gone. Panarin is gone. My only hope is Stan and Q will be gone by the time Kahun, Kampf, Joker, and Boqvist can come of age.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
And then you have Ward, Kunitz, and Manning. to counteract all that.

Plus, Kempny is gone. Panarin is gone. My only hope is Stan and Q will be gone by the time Kahun, Kampf, Joker, and Boqvist can come of age.

The facts showing the FO is in tune with where the game is going FAR out weight the facts that show the opposite.

Kempny is only gone because Q refused to play him. Panarin is gone due to cost.

Ward is not out of tune with the NHL.

Kunitz and Manning are on short deals that will be gone soon.

Lets also not forget that the FO hired JC to run things in Rockford and his is also in tune with where the game is going.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Oh boy, @echlfreak got his less than 1% chance haha. Sports are weird sometimes.

I hope he went with his gut and put money down on Delia being the opening night backup.

Knew it...hahaha

I like Delia getting some games in the minors a lot of the great goalies in this league played 3-5 years in the AHL. We need a goalie a little sooner than that but look at Rinne, Howard, Smith, Crow...etc. They all played minutes in the A before coming up the Show.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They should go Ward on Saturday and if he gets the win then come back with him at home against Toronto. They have 3 days off after Toronto and by that point we're a week away from October 18th. Get as much of that $3m aav out of him as possible.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad