Line Combos: Delia

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
It’s a win-win situation if you make him your starter the rest of the season IMO.

Exhibit A) he bombs and helps the tank.

Exhibit B) he impresses and you know you have your new starting goalie.

Yep. Need to determine if Delia is the goods. 25-30 more starts should provide a lot more insight. Need to use development years for...development (feel free to quote me here!).

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Right, I want to see him keep playing.

If he turns out to be the real deal do you change the angle of the rebuild? Maybe try and overpay for a shorter term contract for a defenseman in an effort to compete again sooner? Of course we have a bunch of great defensive prospects, but it’s unrealistic to rely on them for a playoff push in the next 2 seasons.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If he turns out to be the real deal do you change the angle of the rebuild? Maybe try and overpay for a shorter term contract for a defenseman in an effort to compete again sooner? Of course we have a bunch of great defensive prospects, but it’s unrealistic to rely on them for a playoff push in the next 2 seasons.
excellent pov.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What do you perceive to be the actual rebuild Stan is doing? I'm curious because it seems lots of people here think they are going to try to be bad next season too. I dont think that is at all what their actual plans are shaping up to look like.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What do you perceive to be the actual rebuild Stan is doing? I'm curious because it seems lots of people here think they are going to try to be bad next season too. I dont think that is at all what their actual plans are shaping up to look like.
if you and others do not mind, i would love to add my two cents.

i have a feeling they, the Bhawks, by default SB will do a semi rebuild this season. now that they are extremely happy with Strome and Perlini. i see them in the draft and in the fa's list, i see them making some pickups...... my point of contention is the goalie situation..... thereby the Delia question. will he continue to show improvement in the nhl games he plays and will CC come back either this season or next.

Reactions: ClydeLee

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I don’t think that’s their plan either.

I think they’ll try to compete next season, but will end up as a lower playoff seed and get bounced in the first round.

I still think a real playoff run happens when Boqvist becomes our #1 defenseman. Until then, I think we’ll be an early round exit playoff team.

Reactions: ClydeLee

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

I think they’re planning on trying to compete for a playoff spot next year for sure.

But I don’t think the defensive prospects are ready to be part of that push, and I’m not sure Stone one Panarin alone are enough to push us into a guaranteed playoff spot as well with the assumption Keith and Seabrook take a further step backward each.

I think the only way to make this current roster a playoff team is Stone or Panarin and a defenseman. How eager are you to add a defenseman though with all the prospects we have on that end.

That’s why I think maybe slightly overpaying a defenseman on a 2-3 year deal might be a road to explore.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think they’re planning on trying to compete for a playoff spot next year for sure.

But I don’t think the defensive prospects are ready to be part of that push, and I’m not sure Stone one Panarin alone are enough to push us into a guaranteed playoff spot as well with the assumption Keith and Seabrook take a further step backward each.

I think the only way to make this current roster a playoff team is Stone or Panarin and a defenseman. How eager are you to add a defenseman though with all the prospects we have on that end.

That’s why I think maybe slightly overpaying a defenseman on a 2-3 year deal might be a road to explore.

At this point, does Seabrook even see the ice next season under Colliton?

Bowman’s coach looks like he’s already ready to deliver him a big helping of humble pie with Seabrook.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
if you and others do not mind, i would love to add my two cents.

i have a feeling they, the Bhawks, by default SB will do a semi rebuild this season. now that they are extremely happy with Strome and Perlini. i see them in the draft and in the fa's list, i see them making some pickups...... my point of contention is the goalie situation..... thereby the Delia question. will he continue to show improvement in the nhl games he plays and will CC come back either this season or next.
dang it, in my post i forgot a very important piece that i saw in Ray P post. the defenseman position. that too needed to be address.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Make Delia the starter. If he does well, we got something. If he sucks, we get Hughes or Kakko. It's a no brainer.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Make Delia the starter. If he does well, we got something. If he sucks, we get Hughes or Kakko. It's a no brainer.
something about this logic is disturbing.

i really can see the either/or scenario and if it was this simple then yes. pretty much like last yr with A. Forsberg. but the difference is Delia is still wet behind the ears so to speak ...... while he is doing good, maybe a couple more months in the minors to tweak his confidence and playing ability will help.

i still see him as a tweener

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
something about this logic is disturbing.

i really can see the either/or scenario and if it was this simple then yes. pretty much like last yr with A. Forsberg. but the difference is Delia is still wet behind the ears so to speak ...... while he is doing good, maybe a couple more months in the minors to tweak his confidence and playing ability will help.

i still see him as a tweener

What? Did you use your brain at all when you made this post?

He needs to go back to the AHL to gain more confidence after 2 great starts in the NHL to start his NHL career? That makes sense.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What? Did you use your brain at all when you made this post?

He needs to go back to the AHL to gain more confidence after 2 great starts in the NHL to start his NHL career? That makes sense.
wait isn't Delia a AHL player only..... i got to look him up.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You don’t even ****ing know who Delia is?????

Incredible incompetence. You’ve outdone even yourself.
ok lets say you are right, are you not talking about the Bhawks backup goalie ??

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
ok lets say you are right, are you not talking about the Bhawks backup goalie ??

I mean how would you know if I’m right or wrong, you literally don’t even know who the person we are discussing is.

Thanks for the worthless waste of internet replies on the matter, though.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I mean how would you know if I’m right or wrong, you literally don’t even know who the person we are discussing is.

Thanks for the worthless waste of internet replies on the matter, though.
i was pretty confident until you started to question the subject.... yeah and then i started to question myself. i couldn't believe i was going all this time not having the right person, or so i thought.

i was fooled and it was funny even in my warped mind.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
i was pretty confident until you started to question the subject.... yeah and then i started to question myself. i couldn't believe i was going all this time not having the right person, or so i thought.

i was fooled and it was funny even in my warped mind.

Delia is starting tonight and started the last game. For someone who posts so much on this board, how can you possibly be unfamiliar with him?

Honest question, I’m stunned.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad