Line Combos: Delia

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Is it out of the realm of possibility that Delia is the #2 to start the season?

Obviously, he won't be able to make every back door sliding save like he did last night but could he be the guy behind Ward?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Obviously, he won't be able to make every back door sliding save like he did last night but could he be the guy behind Ward?

There is less than a 1% chance.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

quite frankly he is the best goalie in the hawks organization that is healthy enough to play so yes there is a chance he starts with the hawks, he should and he should get a fair shot at the number one job but that likely won't happen he will likely be buried in the Rock so that Stan and Q can tout out a washed up Ward and Forsberg who thus far is proving that he is not an NHL goalie

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
It's unlikely, but I'd put it well over 1%. No one's claiming Forsberg with his one-way deal, but the Hawks probably would prefer to keep that salary in the bigs if they don't feel that there is a significant difference between the two.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Technically speaking Forsberg is a better goalie based on stats and technique compared to Delia.

I would rank them like this.

1. Forsberg (this is make of break for him this season)
2. Nalimov (if he has another good KHL season he will jump AF)
3. Lankinen
4. Delia

Non-Pro
1. Gravel
2. Peters

Reactions: teddygmr

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Technically speaking Forsberg is a better goalie based on stats and technique compared to Delia.

I would rank them like this.

1. Forsberg (this is make of break for him this season)
2. Nalimov (if he has another good KHL season he will jump AF)
3. Lankinen
4. Delia

Non-Pro
1. Gravel
2. Peters

forgot about Nalimov he is the best of the hawks class for sure, didn't he say that he won't play for the hawks though? Thought I read something to that effect.

Delia is better than Lankinen IMO and although I want forsberg to live up to part of his potential he has shown very little in a hawks uniform to say that he is an NHL goalie at all.

gravel certainly has potential, he was good with halifax and I like what I saw from Wouter Peters in the clips I have seen of him

Not so confident that Forsberg is going to cut it.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Forsberg has the ability and game but has the soft goal a game mental mistakes and doesnt show the strong fortitude after it someone like Crawford always did. Even though crow had the early bad goal often period, he always got locked in and played stand out after giving up a bad goal.

Delia is still so inexperienced I dont think he'll get on yet. Hes only really got 4 months of ahl play under his belt.

Lankenin is too unknown for me to judge though, hes shown flashes. He improved year to year in Finland but mainly needs to show if it holds vs better competition.

Right now. Neither shows something to say they are better or deserve the time over Forsberg nor do I think another week of preseason will change that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
forgot about Nalimov he is the best of the hawks class for sure, didn't he say that he won't play for the hawks though? Thought I read something to that effect.

Delia is better than Lankinen IMO and although I want forsberg to live up to part of his potential he has shown very little in a hawks uniform to say that he is an NHL goalie at all.

gravel certainly has potential, he was good with halifax and I like what I saw from Wouter Peters in the clips I have seen of him

Not so confident that Forsberg is going to cut it.

He moved off of that stance like a month ago. Forsberg has shown far more than Delia.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Again, that is not the question.
Is he not the #2 if other options ahead of him fall? He could be the backup on gameday #1 and it's not a 1% chance. More like 5%. Goalies go down all the time. We wouldn't have Scott Motherf***in' Foster in Blackhawks lore if they didn't.

I mean Crawford is out, and that already makes the other goalies move up a step.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Is he not the #2 if other options ahead of him fall? He could be the backup on gameday #1 and it's not a 1% chance. More like 5%. Goalies go down all the time. We wouldn't have Scott Mother****in' Foster in Blackhawks lore if they didn't.

I mean Crawford is out, and that already makes the other goalies move up a step.

Delia has not outplayed Forsberg or Ward so far.

This is all with the assumption of health.

Deli is our #4 right now in my opinion with Crow out.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Delia has not outplayed Forsberg or Ward so far.

This is all with the assumption of health.

Deli is our #4 right now in my opinion with Crow out.
Lankinen is not better than Delia. In fact Delia will likely be the starter in Rockford, and Lankinen the backup.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Lankinen is not better than Delia. In fact Delia will likely be the starter in Rockford, and Lankinen the backup.

How so?

I think they are very close but Lankinen has a longer and better track record so far. Technically they both are fine.

Last edited:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
He gets a little mercy because its his first go on small ice, but Lankinen has mostly been a sieve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad