Defensively: Couturier vs Barkov

Defensively: Couturier vs Barkov

• Total voters

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

This would suggest Barkov has made the most stick checks/defensive plays in the league, 7 vs 23 pk goals against advantage Barkov.

I'll also quote this here;
4 more ES points in 4 more games for couturier. Not the biggest margin, but ok.

ZS. 59.1 defensive zone starts for barkov. 56.8 for couturier

Barkov has almost 30 more takeaways, has a better FO% that couturier, and Leads all nhl forewards in stick checks.

Barkov has been on the ice for 7 PP goals against. Couturier for 23

Feel free to look up QOC though. Couldn’t find that with a quick search. Seems your facts are letting you down.

So= Barkov, most defensive plays, worse zone starts, better on the faceoffs, and so far AINEC on pk.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa

This would suggest Barkov has made the most stick checks/defensive plays in the league, 7 vs 23 pk goals against advantage Barkov.

So= Barkov, most defensive plays, worse zone starts, better on the faceoffs, and so far AINEC on pk.

We're talking defensively but if you want to talk offense, we can briefly

Barkov: EVEN STRENGTH
G/60: 0.8
A1/60: 1.0
A2/60: 0.9
P/60: 2.7

COUTURIER: EVEN STRENGTH
6/60: 1.15
A1/60: 1.1
A2/60: .55
P/60: 2.8

Couturier faces tougher minutes and and is the better goal scorer and primary assist player while Barkov has an astronomical amount of secondary assist in comparison..

Now, back to defense

Reactions: TheKingPin

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
the poll is 6-5 for Barkov. seems close to me
For now... looks like a lot of Euro fans and Panthers fans have voted.. once the numbers start getting compared it'll be clear, despite the votes, which. I'm confident will be in Couturier favor even though he's not as popular. Hard to argue with tangible evidence

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago

Holy tainted stats...

Barkov is 55% on the dot, Couturier 54%.... wash

Barkov had 71 take aways/ 57 give away
Couturier had 42 take away/ 34 give away

Almost identical take away to give away ratio, only thing that tells us is that Couturier is safer with the puck, Barkov more aggressive and risky. That's an advantage of Couturier when talking about defense.

Reactions: SotasicA

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Sooo... I'm seeing votes for Barkov but nothing supporting him as the better defensive player, interesting

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I might be in the minority, but I take Provorov 3rd overall, ahead of Werenski, Marner, Rantanen etc.​

I've never once seen you say one positive thing about a Flyers player, you come in and vote against and leave. lol. Stop taking it so personal anyways, It's a forum. Original post was a joke.

From the 2015 redraft thread. Now please, quit stalking me.

Reactions: VoraceksWristShot

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Sooo... I'm seeing votes for Barkov but nothing supporting him as the better defensive player, interesting
your support for Couts is... lots of Euro voters and its pretty clearly Couturier.
I come into Flyers polls just to see what you will say because i know it will be homer based and incredibly stupid. Cant say im leaving disappointed

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
your support for Couts is... lots of Euro voters and its pretty clearly Couturier.
I come into Flyers polls just to see what you will say because i know it will be homer based and incredibly stupid. Cant say im leaving disappointed
Care to leave any tangible evidence to support your claim?

I've left mine on Dozens of threads. Couturier wins in just about every defensive metric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad