WC: Finland Roster 2024 U18 World Championship

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Is any player on Tappara except Kemiläinen and Levtchi an option? Ancient Kontiola or Savinainen?
I think Kemiläinen is too slow and i believe Levtchi said this morning in aamulypsy that it is no go basically. Konna retired and there is more fresh players than Savinainen available. But Vittasmäki and Leskinen might be the ones who gets called.

Vittasmäki played 2 EHT tournaments, full 6 games and 33-years old, he might not get many opportunities anymore after this. And we are short of PMDs, especially if Lehtonen declines, there is a need for Leskinen.

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
Coach fkd not taking soini and muhonen. Easily those two over amhandi mononen. Either way i guess saarinen plays rest of the tournament and time to beat the swedes next!

Reactions: ChicagoBullsFan

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I think this age group is just not that good. Helenius is very good, Hemming is decent, Kiviharju has stagnated a lot, Väisänen is nothing special. Most of the roster is mediocre. Or maybe Kauppinen's coaching is making everybody look worse than they actually are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svedu

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Not sure how serious, but when on radio asked if the blades on his skates are still sharp should Jalonen call.. Levtchi said that they just about dullened.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Our posts from the non-trolly wc thread were moved here so I suppose the mods think this is a combined thread and then I do too.
Just playing around, mate. What is going on with Kupari, Heinola and Lambert? In AHL playoffs?

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Is Kupari a healthy scratch or has he been injured? Interesting that he couldn't take a roster spot in the NHL considering he was a first rounder and can skate and stickhandle... Must really lack in other aspects of the game then.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
1,5 years before next winter Olympics and situation is this. we are f***ed
Yes, a grand total of zero players and coaches from this team will feature on the Olympic team. We are f***ed.

I'm not saying that all is well and good with our junior development program, but I'd still like to know how it's going to affect the performances of Barkov, Rantanen, Aho, Heiskanen, etc.

Reactions: mattihp and Hntz

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
Well, Finland's managed by Perkele.
Nothing else to expect than loss, loss and more loss.
Nokia went down. Now Finnish hockey is total crap.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Norway has oil, Finland does not. Soon Norway's hockey will be surpassing Finland's.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
Even if Finland had oil it would all go to corruption. There's no point.
Instead we have 12 years shooting in schools.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
We also have drunk MPs shooting on streets. Yep, Finland's hockey is truly, irrevocably f***ed.

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
We also have drunk MPs shooting on streets. Yep, Finland's hockey is truly, irrevocably f***ed.
We also have dumb ass posters like you. Finland is done

They are not interested in hockey. It will take them at least 20 years to surpass Finland and that is if the Liiga doesn't get better again

Nah. Just 1 Kläbö is enough to beat the whole Finnish EPO cheating squad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad