Debrusk back as color man

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Remenda and DeBrusk switching roles?

Louie DeBrusk will apparently be handling colour commentary duties with play-by-play man Kevin Quinn on Edmonton Oilers Sportsnet TV broadcasts this winter with Drew Remenda doing between-periods commentary for their Rogers Place home games. When DeBrusk works a weekend HNIC game, Remenda will be providing colour alongside Quinn.

Great news

Although I could do without Remenda all together. I suspect if Oiler fans continue to complain Remenda won't be back for 19-20

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I won't lie, I did grow to like Remenda last season. With that being said, this is still great news, Debrusk is much better.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I won't lie, I did grow to like Remenda last season. With that being said, this is still great news, Debrusk is much better.
Agreed. He was tough, but you could finally start to see that he was opening his eyes to how much we actually get screwed time to time and wasn't taking his self righteous "higher ground".

DeBrusk on his worst days is still 10x better than Remenda though, and no one should forget that Louie cuts into the Oilers like the rest of us when they deserve it.

Awesome news. DeBrusk is my favourite colour guy in the league.

Reactions: Summary

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Agreed. He was tough, but you could finally start to see that he was opening his eyes to how much we actually get screwed time to time and wasn't taking his self righteous "higher ground".

DeBrusk on his worst days is still 10x better than Remenda though, and no one should forget that Louie cuts into the Oilers like the rest of us when they deserve it.

Awesome news. DeBrusk is my favourite colour guy in the league.
My biggest issue with Remenda is he seems to be the other team's color guy when doing a broadcast. He's the opposite of a homer.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Debrusk> Remenda

I'll admit though, I'll miss the rage towards Remenda
Tough to say if that will change. He's still going to be doing the intermissions. He does realize that the fans hate him, so hopefully he realizes that if he doesn't change he'll be done with Edmonton games. And who knows if there will be a spot for him elsewhere.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Tough to say if that will change. He's still going to be doing the intermissions. He does realize that the fans hate him, so hopefully he realizes that if he doesn't change he'll be done with Edmonton games. And who knows if there will be a spot for him elsewhere.
I grew to like him a bit more last year

tough to be a homer when the team is garbage

in any case, Debrusk is one of the best in the business

Reactions: HailMcJesus

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
My biggest issue with Remenda is he seems to be the other team's color guy when doing a broadcast. He's the opposite of a homer.
Oh, especially in the beginning.

Near the end you could see the tide turning and he was starting to see things from our point of view (especially that view of getting stabbed on all sides by the refs every game) and he was started to get it. It took way too long, and I'm happy he's being relegated.

Louie rules.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The intermission have been easy to tune out for years, so it will be a nice positive.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The intermission have been easy to tune out for years, so it will be a nice positive.

Bold move to double down by adding Remenda to it.

Sportsnet will be more clueless than I thought if they actually think people are going to watch an intermission of Remenda and Spector.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I realize that I'm in the major minority but I never really disliked Remenda.

He's honest. Yeah he was highly critical of the Oilers a lot of the time but it's not his fault the team is (almost ;) )always awful.

I'm also good with Debrusk.

I didn't dislike him because he was honest. Its because of his Ray Ferraro tendency to see a play only his way. He had a real fervor about that and even to the degree that he is often audibly heard groaning and saying things beneath his breath without these being words, only vocalisms. Really I've rarely been exposed to any commentator that made so many utteral utterances on the air. Its as if he thinks he's off air but we're all having to listen to his between words mutterings. That this guy never took any course in public announcing or oratory is obvious. he should just do the world a favor and turn his mic off..

Oh no, now he's eating popcorn, now he's clearing his nose, now he's coughing up a hairball. He's so unaware of the sounds he makes on air I expect burbs belches and farts from him.

;)

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I’m surprised at the love for Dveusk. Not because he isn’t good, which he is, but because I think most fans have a hate on for pretty much all media guys, including the good ones.

This is a good move.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It’s funny because fans hated debrusk and cheered remenda when he was originally hired. Now fans have turned again. I personally liked debrusk and I never hated remenda either. It’s Kevin Quinn that I can’t stand. Overtimeee winnner. Nails on a chalkboard when he speaks, man. Lol

Still not enough though. Sportsnet is garbage. I don’t live in edm so I’m happy to get opposing broadcasts unless I have no choice and it’s an all Canadian match up.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bold move to double down by adding Remenda to it.

Sportsnet will be more clueless than I thought if they actually think people are going to watch an intermission of Remenda and Spector.
They either are utterly dismissive of Edmonton and Oilers fans, or they just don't care about the Edmonton market on the whole.

Edit: I literally can't think of if it being anything else. Because if they're actively doing this to antagonize Oilers fans, that's just stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad