Debrusk back as color man

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Don't get all the love for Debrusk. I'm ok with Louie and he seems like a great guy but he's as vanilla as a color guy gets. He gives pretty straight forward analysis which is fine but he's a dime a dozen analyst, he doesn't really stand out in any way.

I like color guys who are a little more colorful like Ferraro, Reaugh and yes even Remenda. I still think that Remenda is good at his job but he just never fit in here for whatever reason, seemed like a mismatch from the beginning so in that sense, I'm glad to have Debrusk back in the booth who at least gets the market.

Quinn has always been the biggest problem IMO, always getting names wrong and a grating voice. The Oilers have two of the worst PBP guys in Michaels and Quinn.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Funny thing is I used to haaaate Remenda but last season I think the network (or someone) gave him some feedback and he stopped crapping all over the Oilers every game and swooning over opposition players. I actually noticed that stuff declining in a big way. Typical big organization, moving the guy out just as he's improving. :D

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I hate homer announcers. So while Remenda had some bad nights where he went too far in general I preferred him over those other kind of guys.

Louie is an upgrade tho. Fairly unbias and solid commentary.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Happy with the change.

My problem with Remenda was more the previous season than last year. I always felt like he was too negative. When the Oilers were playing well, he would nitpick them to death rather than giving them praise. I can handle some negativity if they arent playing well, but he was just too negative for me, especially when they were playing well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
i actually am neighbours with two of the cabbies involved in the case. LD was basically black out drunk and went on a mini rampage on three cabs, getting violent with a couple middle aged indian cab drivers, punched out a couple back windows of cabs. every time they tell the story they mention how big he was and scared they were.

i was surprised to hear too that, along with commentating, LD also works in the oil patch.

Well there are always two sides to a story mind you that doesn't sound promising from their side. That said I hope that your neighbors are fine, Louie could obviously do some damage with his size and what the main role of his profession was.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
i was surprised to hear too that, along with commentating, LD also works in the oil patch.

Neat. I wonder how much these guys make working for Sportsnet.
2ca5b5e3-936d-430c-8850-59c26d329f08.png

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Great news. Remenda was better last season, but his previous work of crapping on everything Oilers and lauding the opposition was just too much.

Plus Debrusk is really good. I'm happy with this

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I just find Remenda's voice really annoying, sounds almost as gassy as Claude Julien, and he's got that smirk on his face that you just wanna smack

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
"Chip and chase" Louis is back!

I thought Gene Principe was doing the intermission stuff?

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Haven't looked at the schedule but hopefully the Boston games are not Saturday games.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The real issue is Kevin Quinn.. but I wouldn't expect Sportsnet to be able to hire a good replacement for him anyways.

Happy to have Louie back though.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Debrusk was funny last night with all his, "I don't understand why that wasn't a penalty against Jersey?"

Ah, Louie. Welcome to being the Oilers color man. That is called a normal game for Edmonton.

Are you going to keep saying that three or four times a game, Louie? Best to just let it slide. No use losing sleep over it.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Debrusk was funny last night with all his, "I don't understand why that wasn't a penalty against Jersey?"

Ah, Louie. Welcome to being the Oilers color man. That is called a normal game for Edmonton.

Are you going to keep saying that three or four times a game, Louie? Best to just let it slide. No use losing sleep over it.

I think the funniest part was Quinn baiting him over and over again to talk about his kid. I could sense a little awkwardness in DeBrusk first started to speak about him as a color commentator, but he handled it well and it didn't sound overly biased, which I would certainly forgive in this instance even if it was.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Debrusk is my favorite color guy in the league. Can't pinpoint why exactly, (bias probably) but he just seems totally neutral and knows his stuff, and doesn't ramble on every time he gets the mic.

Remenda was rough at the start, but got better, however I'll always be a debrusk fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->