Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Cat has outscored Kubalik and the other acquisition they got Tarasenko to provide goal scoring as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Cat has outscored Kubalik and the other acquisition they got Tarasenko to provide goal scoring as well.
Tarasenko has been better in Ottawa this season than Debrincat was last year. Kubalik has been dissapointing. Neither have been put in nearly as good situations to succeed as Debrincat was last year.

Yzerman got great value for Debrincat from Ottawa for sure. Dorion is an idiot. Great trade for Detroit, two terrible trades for Ottawa. Ultimately Debrincat wasnt a great fit in the roster make up for ottawa/he didnt want to be there. He's a much better fit in Detroit.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Tarasenko has been better in Ottawa this season than Debrincat was last year. Kubalik has been dissapointing. Neither have been put in nearly as good situations to succeed as Debrincat was last year.
All I heard about last year from sens fans was that Debrincat would be doing better if he had better linemates and didnt have a rookie for a center etc etc. This short into the season, Tarasenko has played a good chunk with Stutzle and Batherson too

Weird how the tune changes when Debrincats lighting it up this year.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The Wings must be good this season because we keep having fans of other teams wander into the Wings forum and post things.

For every one that can't fight the urge to make a post here I have to wonder how many are lurking.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Kubalik is at 16-goal pace for season.
DeBrincat is at 44-goal pace for season.

Almost equal.
1701965954947.png

If I had to watch a team with that ownership, I'd probably resort to an alternate reality too.
we were almost there if holland stayed lol. He's currently trying to ruin mcdavid it feels like

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The Wings must be good this season because we keep having fans of other teams wander into the Wings forum and post things.

For every one that can't fight the urge to make a post here I have to wonder how many are lurking.
They are everywhere my man.

All of my teams people hate it when they are good, it's fantastic.

For reference: Michigan, Lions, Red Wings (sorry Tigers but no one really cares if your good or not :/)

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Ottawa fans were trying to justify in the offseason kubalik scoring close to the same this year as dbc.....man that was some tough coping
I remember that, and that was funny. Then the Sens went out and signed Tarasenko and proclaimed he was their DeBrincat replacement, and some even said he'd be better than ADB. Let's see how that's working out for them so far...

DeBrincat: 13G 11A 24Pts
Tarasenko: 5G 13A 17Pts

...seems legit to me.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
It’s weird hearing how Debrincat didn’t fit with Ottawa

I have a hard time seeing this guy not fit in anywhere. Especially alongside elite players

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I remember that, and that was funny. Then the Sens went out and signed Tarasenko and proclaimed he was their DeBrincat replacement, and some even said he'd be better than ADB. Let's see how that's working out for them so far...

...seems legit to me.
Apparently tarasenko has also been playing better defense than expected (i think he is +9) or something. But still, the original point is that kubalik was going to fit in seamlessly with their top 6 elite core and play better than him.

People were even going deep on how kubalik was at a higher pace or something for even strength goals or was close to it or something. It was wild when you hear fans of teams in that denial phase and your trying to explain the massive difference and they just don't hear it.

5 stages of grief is real man.

It’s weird hearing how Debrincat didn’t fit with Ottawa

I have a hard time seeing this guy not fit in anywhere. Especially alongside elite players
idk. Maybe he just was being utilized differently? It just seems tough to watch him play and think he "doesn't care" or whatever the excuse was. He plays a lot more defense than I was expecting to be fair. Sometimes I wish he would just grip it and rip it but he is definitely the type of player that likes (and is better at it) to play without the puck and be the scoring chance instead of creating the scoring chance if that makes sense.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
All I heard about last year from sens fans was that Debrincat would be doing better if he had better linemates and didnt have a rookie for a center etc etc. This short into the season, Tarasenko has played a good chunk with Stutzle and Batherson too

Weird how the tune changes when Debrincats lighting it up this year.
My tune never changed, Debrincat played with Pinto and Batherson against the other teams 2nd best matchups. Go and look at the conversations on the sens board if you dont believe me.

Tarasenko has hardly played with Stutzle at all, maybe 9 periods. His most common linemate has been Mathieu Joseph most common centerman Greig or Chartier. I never changed my tune. Debrincat had much better linemates than Tarasenko has had and he played on the first PP. Debrincat was not very good in Ottawa last year I dont think he was very commited from an effort level and commitment standpoint. Which is on Dorion for going to get a guy that didnt want to be here. I predicted and thought it would be a much better fit in Detroit and he has been great. Its ok to be open to the concept that Tarasenko has been better than Debrincat was in Ottawa. That doesnt mean he is better than him or that Debrincat hasnt been better this year he quite clearly has. All these things can be true.

Anyone making excuses for Debrincat last year was probably a Dorion apologist. Its like stockholm syndrome for some sens posters.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

...seems legit to me.
I mean he has been better in Ottawa in comparison to Debrincat in Ottawa. I dont know why this is a hard concept for you guys to wrap your heads around. No one is saying he has been better than Debrincat this year. He has been on the third line almost all season in Ottawa and on the 2nd PP.

Reactions: Mijatovic

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
They are everywhere my man.

All of my teams people hate it when they are good, it's fantastic.

For reference: Michigan, Lions, Red Wings (sorry Tigers but no one really cares if your good or not :/)
Point me to someone who hates the Lions… lol

I’m a fan of another team in that division and have 0 hate for the Lions.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Point me to someone who hates the Lions… lol

I’m a fan of another team in that division and have 0 hate for the Lions.
The other team in the division must be the vikings then...........................................................

did I guess right?!??!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The other team in the division must be the vikings then...........................................................

did I guess right?!??!
You’re saying Packers and Bears fans “hate” them?

I don’t know man… I think that’s a reach for a team that has been bad for forever and is finally good with a very likable coach.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
No one hates the Lions. I live in Chicago. There's been zero hate, and a lot of Bears fans I know have said they are happy for the Lions and rooting for them. They hate the other teams in the division way more.

There's more hate out there for the Tigers than the Lions.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
You’re saying Packers and Bears fans “hate” them?

I don’t know man… I think that’s a reach for a team that has been bad for forever and is finally good with a very likable coach.
ahhhh you didn't answer so i'm right lol.

bears and packers hate each other more than anyone else. however, I have a couple coworkers that are bears die hards and have always given me shi* for lions when they were bad if I talked about their teams, but late last year their chirps got increasingly more pointed.

People (media/twitter/etc) also heavily criticize MCDC the past few years and are starting to go a little bit more silent until the lions lose a game then they come back with a vengeance. Most fans don't care about the lions and when they see they are good then they always say something like oh finally they are doing something positive. So Lions aren't a "hated" franchise but I receive crap from coworkers and friends enough that it surrounds me more than probably most.

ColdToiletSeats

Jul 10, 2006
Detroit

Easier to watch the Blackhawks highlights, when putting some other music loud from another Youtube source. :)

Man I hate their goal song.

With or with Kane ?

- 1st goal, Kane feed
- 2nd goal, Kane feed
- 3rd goal, no
- 4th goal, no
- 5th goal, no
- 6th goal, Kane feed
- 7th goal, Kane feed
- 8th goal, no
- 9th goal, no (Kane assist but everybody can do that)
- 10th goal, no
- 11th goal, Kane feed
- 12th goal, Kane feed
- 13th goal, Kane feed
- 14th goal, Kane feed
- 15th goal, no
- 16th goal, Kane feed
- 17th goal, Kane feed
- 18th goal, Kane feed
- 19th goal, Kane feed
- 20th goal, no
- 21st goal, no
- 22nd goal, empty netter
- 23rd goal, no
- 24th goal, no
- 26th goal, empty netter
- 27th goal, Kane feed
- 28th goal, no
- 29th goal, Kane feed
- 30th goal, Kane feed
- 31st goal, no
- 32nd goal, no
- 33rd goal, Kane feed
- 34th goal, Kane feed
- 35th goal, empty netter
- 36th goal, no
- 37th goal, Kane feed
- 38th goal, Kane feed
- 39th goal, no
- 40th goal, Kane feed
- 41st goal, Kane feed

Think I missed somwhow one goal, but:
- 21 assisted by Patrick Kane
- 3 empty-netters
- 16 other goals
- 1 goal I missed from the video, or it was missing from the video.

So, if we have 50% lesser playmaker than generational P.Kane to feed him, that will cut 10,5 of his goals off, and DeBrincat is ~30.5 goal scorer.

where you at bro? this didn't age well lol

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Apparently tarasenko has also been playing better defense than expected (i think he is +9) or something. But still, the original point is that kubalik was going to fit in seamlessly with their top 6 elite core and play better than him.

People were even going deep on how kubalik was at a higher pace or something for even strength goals or was close to it or something. It was wild when you hear fans of teams in that denial phase and your trying to explain the massive difference and they just don't hear it.

5 stages of grief is real man.

idk. Maybe he just was being utilized differently? It just seems tough to watch him play and think he "doesn't care" or whatever the excuse was. He plays a lot more defense than I was expecting to be fair. Sometimes I wish he would just grip it and rip it but he is definitely the type of player that likes (and is better at it) to play without the puck and be the scoring chance instead of creating the scoring chance if that makes sense.

Tarasenko is playing with Norris and Stutzle as his center. DBC was playing with that rookie that got suspended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad