Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Gordie Howe hat trick last night.

Reminds me of the time I trapped my neighbor's cat while trying to TNR feral cats in my back yard. I let the cat out of the trap, the thing grabbed hold of my arm and tore it up. I still have scars. Josi is lucky the refs stopped the Cat, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Gordie Howe hat trick last night.

Reminds me of the time I trapped my neighbor's cat while trying to TNR feral cats in my back yard. I let the cat out of the trap, the thing grabbed hold of my arm and tore it up. I still have scars. Josi is lucky the refs stopped the Cat, lol.

Everyone over the summer said DBC was soft and had no grit, dude has had at least one fight a year since he entered the league and his defensive metrics have always been decent.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Everyone over the summer said DBC was soft and had no grit, dude has had at least one fight a year since he entered the league and his defensive metrics have always been decent.
Sure, 400 grit. He'll hold his own, but he's not gonna scare anyone or demolish anyone with a check like Gudas did to Klim.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the fact that he took Josi on and leveraged him down while throwing a bunch of rights. He's got more balls than anyone else on the team, and I appreciate that.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Sure, 400 grit. He'll hold his own, but he's not gonna scare anyone or demolish anyone with a check like Gudas did to Klim.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the fact that he took Josi on and leveraged him down while throwing a bunch of rights. He's got more balls than anyone else on the team, and I appreciate that.

I want him to score goals and scare the other team offensively and not have to worry about him being in the box where he is useless. Let the 3rd and 4th liners handle the grit.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I want him to score goals and scare the other team offensively and not have to worry about him being in the box where he is useless. Let the 3rd and 4th liners handle the grit.
I agree, but Copp has 6 hits, Czarnik has 1, Burger none, Fabbri 8, and Sprong 14. DBC has more hits than any of them.

When the 5'8" scoring winger has more hits than any of the bottom 6 then the make up of the whole team is wrong. This team is 12 ply which is why it's great that DBC can hold his own, but he shouldn't have to fight. Funny thing is, I just watched the replay, and he really didn't need to. Josi was right to separate him, but I guess Cat took exception to the way he did it.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

everyone needs grit when you're playing at the top level of a professional sport but for different roles that can mean different things

for someone like DeBrincat? grit means things like not being afraid to take a hit to make a play

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I agree, but Copp has 6 hits, Czarnik has 1, Burger none, Fabbri 8, and Sprong 14. DBC has more hits than any of them.

When the 5'8" scoring winger has more hits than any of the bottom 6 then the make up of the whole team is wrong. This team is 12 ply which is why it's great that DBC can hold his own, but he shouldn't have to fight. Funny thing is, I just watched the replay, and he really didn't need to. Josi was right to separate him, but I guess Cat took exception to the way he did it.
Josi was f*cking with him, trying to elicit a response. He was grabbing him by the head and manhandling him, knowing DBC was going to react. Except I think Josi was expecting something stupid that would result in a minor penalty on DBC, rather than DBC dropping the gloves and fighting him lol.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Josi was f*cking with him, trying to elicit a response. He was grabbing him by the head and manhandling him, knowing DBC was going to react. Except I think Josi was expecting something stupid that would result in a minor penalty on DBC, rather than DBC dropping the gloves and fighting him lol.
Josi dropped the gloves first, the Cat pounces fast, lol.

If Compher got a double minor for his headlock, Josi should've gotten one as well. But the Cat was never in a situation where he HAD to fight. He chose to respond. A very nice response too.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not for sure going to happen, but theres a decent chance Debrincat outscores everyone on Ottawa this year. Wouldnt that be hilarious

Yeah, currently DeBrincat has 40 points and:

1705565340585.png

Currently the optional 1st pick we are give on this trade are:
- 19th overall (DET own pick)
- 31st overall (BOS own pick)

And we are gonna give the lower one. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Ricelund

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah, me either, the fans... wow. So bad. I love, love, love watching them swim in the swamp. Sometimes I go in the forum just to soaked up the fresh tears. I really thought it was a budding rivalry, but Sens can't hold up their end.

Sidenote, can't believe people were upset letting go of Kubalik...

" He's pretty good. "

Reactions: RedHawkDown

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Kubalik is doing about exactly as well as I expected there. Guy is a phantom of an offensive player 95% of the time.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Sens fans said that Tarasenko would be better than DeBrincat anyways but Sprong for Kubalik is the real free agent replacement improvement in that trade

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, me either, the fans... wow. So bad. I love, love, love watching them swim in the swamp. Sometimes I go in the forum just to soaked up the fresh tears. I really thought it was a budding rivalry, but Sens can't hold up their end.

Sidenote, can't believe people were upset letting go of Kubalik...

" He's pretty good. "
Kubalik is doing about exactly as well as I expected there. Guy is a phantom of an offensive player 95% of the time.
When kubalik is used right, he is pretty good. But from one of my interactions with sens fans on here in one of their threads, they are apparently using him with no PP time and in a bottom 6 role, mostly 4th line. That is just the worst way to use him for what he brings.

Give him a defensively responsible center on line 1 or two, most likely two, and give him top PP minutes because of his shot alone, he would be doing much better. But the misuse is what is hurting them most and it happened when he was here too. He is just a defensive liability out there.

Sens fans said that Tarasenko would be better than DeBrincat anyways but Sprong for Kubalik is the real free agent replacement improvement in that trade
inserting sprong after losing kubalik has been phenomenal. I liked the sprong signing from the beginning and hoped for him to get like 30 points on the year, mostly goals on the PP but he has outrageously stepped over that expectation.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
When kubalik is used right, he is pretty good. But from one of my interactions with sens fans on here in one of their threads, they are apparently using him with no PP time and in a bottom 6 role, mostly 4th line. That is just the worst way to use him for what he brings.

Give him a defensively responsible center on line 1 or two, most likely two, and give him top PP minutes because of his shot alone, he would be doing much better. But the misuse is what is hurting them most and it happened when he was here too. He is just a defensive liability out there.

inserting sprong after losing kubalik has been phenomenal. I liked the sprong signing from the beginning and hoped for him to get like 30 points on the year, mostly goals on the PP but he has outrageously stepped over that expectation.
The 4th line is a little extreme, but other than that Kubalik hasn't been misused, neither in Ottawa (he plays on their 2nd PP unit) nor in Detroit. He has no business playing in the top-6 on a decent team. He's a floater who doesn't backcheck, doesn't play defense, doesn't battle for pucks, doesn't try to win races, and whose offense is prone to very long dry spells. He belongs on a PP unit and sheltered minutes on a 3rd line. That's how you maximize his offense while minimizing how much the rest of his game hurts your team.

Sprong is an upgrade for sure. They are similar players, but what sets them apart is A) Sprong is a better skater, he's faster, and B) he combines that with having an actual motor. He'll go for pucks, he'll pursue. Kubalik just watches his linemates do that while sitting in a soft spot in the offensive zone, tapping his stick on the ice like a monkey waiting for a treat.

I'll never forget Kubalik tricking me last year, with that hot start, including that amazing play where he forechecked and stole the puck from behind the opposition net before scoring a goal (or setting one up, I forget the actual detail). I thought, "man, this guy has turned a new leaf since his Chicago days, he looks like a different player.' And of course that didn't last. He soon went right back to being what he's always been, the offense dried up, he got demoted, and that was it. The honeymoon was short.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Sprong is an upgrade for sure. They are similar players, but what sets them apart is A) Sprong is a better skater, he's faster, and B) he combines that with having an actual motor. He'll go for pucks, he'll pursue. Kubalik just watches his linemates do that while sitting in a soft spot in the offensive zone, tapping his stick on the ice like a monkey waiting for a treat.
LOL.

The way Sprong has been playing defensively lately, Sprong is easily the better player. Not to mention he can carry the puck and pass as well.

Reactions: jaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad