• Adam Fox

• Ryan Lindgren

• Ryan Strome

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
You definitely see the flashes with Kakko more and more this year. When he plays like last night its hard not to imagine a Rick Nash/Marian Hossa type power winger

What made Kappo so successful last night was his ability to pressure the puck and retrieve loose pucks. In a lot of ways his ability to get the puck and give it right up to his linemates is what drives that lines success. Last night he broke up a lot of plays which made this game stand out for him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When is it time to admit that Fox is better than Leetch? I can’t think of any argument for Leetch over Fox except for playoff success. Even my dad who’s a major old head agrees which is surprising
Fox is closer than I ever thought anybody would be but Leetch is basically Fox with 100 points instead of 75.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I dunno. I hope never. I'd rather go with Wilson sucks. Despite PK's shenanigans as a Devil, I've always been fond of him.
We had an ostensibly identical incident in preseason with Subban where the Rangers went after him all night, Kreider leading the charge.

A couple of Rangers had a conversation with Subban last night and Kreider was right there. Nothing happened. The Rangers seemed satisfied with Subban's explanation.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
There is no way he saw Leetchie live to make this statement
Fox is good, in fact real good, but for a guy that saw ALL of Leetch’s game, he is not there yet. But that’s ok because that’s how good Brian was!!!

I watched leetch growing up and loved him as a player but these two guys based on a small sample size are pretty equal imo. I always think of the good years when i think of leetch so its hard to focus on the overall scope of his career but he had some less than stellar years in there as well. Having said all that, the comparisons are pretty premature and its possible Fox gets better or worse in the next bunch of years

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
Never thought I'd see Leetch underrated by NYR fans - oof. The rest of the league's fans yes, that's been happening forever, but not from our own.
Leetch is a top fifteen all time defensemen and one of the greatest Rangers of all time. Not the greatest NHL captain, IMO. That's why I'd like to see Fox develop a little grit, get a little dirt under his fingernails. Fox will be captain someday soon. Nobody needs a soft captain. Even a chess team with five alternate captains needs the real captain to try to jump the kid who may have accidentally touched the piece and made a different move. Then the alternates know their place; "Take it easy cap, I don't think the kid even touched it." In hockey it's even more important. Most important. A Stanley Cup captain should be respected and feared in every way. If Fox is going to be compared with Leetch he can speed up the process by being a respected and feared captain in the not so distant future.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Leetch is a top fifteen all time defensemen and one of the greatest Rangers of all time. Not the greatest NHL captain, IMO. That's why I'd like to see Fox develop a little grit, get a little dirt under his fingernails. Fox will be captain someday soon. Nobody needs a soft captain. Even a chess team with five alternate captains needs the real captain to try to jump the kid who may have accidentally touched the piece and made a different move. Then the alternates know their place; "Take it easy cap, I don't think the kid even touched it." In hockey it's even more important. Most important. A Stanley Cup captain should be respected and feared in every way. If Fox is going to be compared with Leetch he can speed up the process by being a respected and feared captain in the not so distant future.
I've heard Steven Stamkos is terrifying!

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
You guys remember when Messier just straight up choked a dude?

He was only subtle when he felt like it.

It was Jason Blake and Messier more so used the jersey's neck hole as a tourniquet...

new-york-rangers-mark-messier-gets-a-grip-on-new-york-islanders-jason-picture-id97274820

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We talkin NHL .500 here where 2/3 of the league is over .500?

Side point, winning a SO is fun, but really it's 95% a tie when I think back on it. No way to easily tease these wins out from regular ones though when reviewing teams.

Yes, better than NHL .500 which I am aware a lot of teams are but they are not "bad" teams. Most of the teams we have played are mediocre to good, with about 4 or 5 you would consider bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad