GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Yeah I think Hakanpaa is done for the year they just don’t want to announce it. I thought pertrovic did just fine and probably offers the exact amount as Hakanpaa. Not like jani was playing well before he got hurt.

What are the line combinations for game 1? That Benn-Seguin-Radulov Dadonov looked really good in that last game. As did Robertson-Johnston-Stankoven line.

Reactions: redbeardtx and LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah I think Hakanpaa is done for the year they just don’t want to announce it. I thought pertrovic did just fine and probably offers the exact amount as Hakanpaa. Not like jani was playing well before he got hurt.

What are the line combinations for game 1? That Benn-Seguin-Radulov Dadonov looked really good in that last game. As did Robertson-Johnston-Stankoven line.

As did the Marchment-Duchene-Pavelski line which was surprisingly our best line out of those 3 thanks to Duchene waking up

Reactions: LT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

I'm wondering if their time to get some practices in might give DeBoer a chance to consider adding Bourque to the lineup if Hintz can't go.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Won’t be live on GDTs vs EDM (except game 3 or late in 3rd/OT) working till 8pm or so but will be here after games to talk.

Same reason I wasn’t on here most of the regular season along with the Bally Sports App being around a minute behind on nights off and later games.

Anyways Go Stars and see us winning it in 6, probably 5 if Stars can control their PP.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Not going to lie. That main board is really fun. Very delusional oiler fans. I love the ones acting like LA and Vancouver were a tougher match up.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Upcoming UFAs:

Duchene, Pavelski, Smith, Tanev, Hakanpaa, Wedgewood

We already know with 99% certainty that Pavelski is retiring.

Tanev was always gonna be a rental, feels certain he's headed back to Canada.

Smith, Hakanpaa, and Wedgewood don't seem like big enough names to generate rumors like this.

So that leaves Duchene. Which again I don't think is very surprising. He (rightfully) will want more money and longer term (more importantly to him) than we can comfortably offer. I know a lot of folks have liked the idea of him sticking around, but from day one of his signing it always seemed like a temporary gig.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Upcoming UFAs:

Smith, Hakanpaa, and Wedgewood don't seem like big enough names to generate rumors like this.

So that leaves Duchene. Which again I don't think is very surprising. He (rightfully) will want more money and longer term (more importantly to him) than we can comfortably offer. I know a lot of folks have liked the idea of him sticking around, but from day one of his signing it always seemed like a temporary gig.
Don’t forget the RFAs.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Upcoming UFAs:

I could see duchene looking for some term. But I think he likes Dallas with the coaches and players. That could sway him to stay if Nill can make it work.

But priority should be RHD.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I don't think Nils' play was that bad when he did play, he started the season off very strong, but after February his ice time plummeted.

So either he's hurt, or there's some conditioning problem. I don't see any other reason for it. Basically after the 2/15 Nashville game his ice time went to shit. So... I dunno.

It's probably not a Nils thing.

Reactions: LT and Elysian

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I don't think Nils' play was that bad when he did play, he started the season off very strong, but after February his ice time plummeted.

So either he's hurt, or there's some conditioning problem. I don't see any other reason for it. Basically after the 2/15 Nashville game his ice time went to shit. So... I dunno.

It's probably not a Nils thing.
He's looked fine any time hes played, definitely not worse than any other bottom pairing D man, it's a coach thing.

Reactions: starsfan86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad