• Adam Fox

• Ryan Lindgren

• Ryan Strome

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Gotta admit Kakko looked like a top talent last night. Great hands for such a big guy.
Amazing hands.

Not finished product yet, though ... like it takes him too long to process things, or the vision isn't quite there yet. I'd like to see him play more instinctively more often. And shoot quicker. And to see his ability to possess the puck along the walls develop into scoring plays. Maybe there's been a lack of confidence - once that is resolved it will come together.

I've been skeptical whether he fits with Panarin. Maybe they will work something out.

Reactions: egelband and bl02

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I haven't been a fan of the Strome line as a unit for most of their time together but I thought they looked tremendous in both games this weekend. They really looked like they were starting to gel.

If they can solidify as a great unit then Gallant will look very good in his decision to wait out the growing pains and keep them together.
These teams also gave them space to play more E W hockey. We've always known that combo works when given space. The issue is what can they do when they have to work to create that space. I'll take the confidence these games gives our offensive players, but they still have a ways to go but seeing Panarin play defense is a step in the right direction.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I thought last night's game was Panarin's best of the season even though he didn't score (although that shootout goal was sick, even for him).

In his first year as a Ranger, Panarin played a complete 2-way game while dominating the score sheet. That needs to be a part of his game again going forward.

Overall, I'm really happy with his improvement as of late.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
@Tob You got the feed were you could hear Sam and Joe during the timeouts right? I lol'd hard how they chuckled at it looking like Kakko would be robbed of the assist on Laf's goal, before it was cleared that Blais didn't touch it...

Reactions: romba and Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
@Tob You got the feed were you could hear Sam and Joe during the timeouts right? I lol'd hard how they chuckled at it looking like Kakko would be robbed of the assist on Laf's goal, before it was cleared that Blais didn't touch it...

unfortunately I don't have the intermission feed but that's hilarious :laugh: I love that kind of chatter during the intermission.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
When is it time to admit that Fox is better than Leetch? I can’t think of any argument for Leetch over Fox except for playoff success. Even my dad who’s a major old head agrees which is surprising
Way too early to declare something like that. If Fox does this another 12 years there can be an argument. This isn't like the Richter Hank debate, Leetch is one of the greatest defenseman ever.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I love Chris Kreider.

Say what you will about his warts but he's just oozing character out there just now.

Heart and soul.
Hes a different player this year. The player we always knew he could be and always wanted him to be. Wants/deserves that captaincy? Regardless, hes become a very well rounded player. He will be head hunting Sluppan next game for sure.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I feel like Rooney was GG trying to play 5d chess against his old team so whatever I guess.

Glad Geo got that win, he needed it and so did we if it gets his confidence up.

• Kakko Kaapo goes big against the team that passed him in the Draft, gotta love it. Hope he stays hot, but he should of had two goals missing that open net. Can't miss those.

Fox still the best Dman in the world, can't believe he's a Ranger.
I bet he wouldn't have missed that open yet if it was after he made that sick move for the goal. But that goal, make no mistake should get him on a really nice points tear. I can feel it. Kid is gonna start to come into his own.

Reactions: Kords

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wanted to add Lundkvist had his two best games this weekend. Hasn’t been pretty but he’s calming down out there.

still not sure he’s got this crazy upside. I think Jones is a better player right now and long term. But he’s played two really good games

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Offensively anything and everything that Fox does or can do, Leeth was better at.

Fox was better defensively, but Leetch was a better Offensive player. And in my opinion. Its not close

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Offensively anything and everything that Fox does or can do, Leeth was better at.

Fox was better defensively, but Leetch was a better Offensive player. And in my opinion. Its not close

I'll be honest I have a hard time remembering leetch's heyday but I feel like Fox's outright hockey smarts are better than Leetch's were, but Leetch's physical skills were better and he had more of a classic offensive defenseman attacking ability

It's probably a bit tough to compare point totals across era just straight up but if say Fox put up a point per game as a defenseman in this day and age it's pretty special even though Leetch putting up 100 points is obviously a bigger number. Leetch also only did that once (in the regular season) and otherwise hovered around or below that point per game mark. If Fox matches that, well then it's pretty close.
Playoffs...well we'll have to wait and see hopefully

regardless I think it looks like Fox will be the best defenseman the Rangers have had since Leetch and possibly has a chance to be an all time great

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I thought so too, but he looked much more in tune with them in this game, and he facilitated a lot of great stretch passes to kickstart transition for that line. They have really good underlying numbers together too.

I'd go back to Laf-Mika-Kreider because that line had good numbers too in the first 7 games.

McKegg is up with the team now, and Chytil will be coming off IR soon and hopefully ready by Tuesday. McKegg will be the 13F and Gauthier will probably stay at 3RW
Somehow Gauthier seems to have 9 lives and happy that he does. Something about him, really makes me root for his succeeding. Hes like this underachieving underdog, that you pray things eventually pan out for. He's like a baby baby Kreider, just doesnt know how to put the puck in. Too fast for his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad