• Ryan Strome

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
great job by Goodrow trying to run over that random Devil at the end of regulation. It's maybe better that the guy ducked because a serious injury may have occurred, but the message was still delivered: if Subban is trying to injure a Ranger when he gets the chance then all of his teammates are in play, too.

The Subban situation is crying out for some old time justice. I remember when Bryan Marchment was running around taking out knees. Lindros when he was still a Flyer in a game I was watching just missed taking out his knee and it was definitely on purpose. Psycho Marchment looked like he was going to cry, like he was some innocent kid. It was finally Jason Allison who did Mush's knee. lol

Subban's act this season needs a little on ice criticism. It would be great if he becomes a target out there every night. Proactive self defense - get him or a teammate. That's the only way to stop him.
Yeah I mean they can always make excuses and talk about how it's not intentional and PK says he skates with a wide stance so that's why it happens.

Bottom line is you have a guy who "accidentally" keeps slewfooting and tripping people with his skates. This is the 4th time it has happened this season so far alone and it's only November.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I watched
great job by Goodrow trying to run over that random Devil at the end of regulation. It's maybe better that the guy ducked because a serious injury may have occurred, but the message was still delivered: if Subban is trying to injure a Ranger when he gets the chance then all of his teammates are in play, too.

The Subban situation is crying out for some old time justice. I remember when Bryan Marchment was running around taking out knees. Lindros when he was still a Flyer in a game I was watching just missed taking out his knee and it was definitely on purpose. Psycho Marchment looked like he was going to cry, like he was some innocent kid. It was finally Jason Allison who did Mush's knee. lol

Subban's act this season needs a little on ice criticism. It would be great if he becomes a target out there every night. Proactive self defense - get him or a teammate. That's the only way to stop him.

I watched the replay over about 50 times and while it was a bang bang play, I do believe it was an intentional move by Subban to start swinging his right leg out. It's not malicious in that he wants to injure someone, it's a self-preservation move and a habit that needs to stop.

If this was a one-off play with no other history of these plays in the past, you would write it off as incidental contact.

But Vally called it in the postgame. He's lost a step so he arrives in the corners and on the walls with a different mentality than when he was a Norris winning defenseman.

While this wasnt a purposeful slewfoot from behind, he is making himself bigger and wider to compensate for his regression in skill and making it known if you are going to apply pressure to his side he's going to let you go in first and slickly give you the old matador trick.

The league needs to take action. I dont give a f*** what Devils fans think, they are wrong. If this happened to their player on the heels of a repeat offender they would be losing their shit.

Also the look on Subban's face was not one of innocence both after the play and after Blais went off. He was looking at the refs to see if a penalty would be called.

This dude needs to change his game or be disciplined by the NHL for not only other players safety but his own. Players know whats going on. He will find himself taking one on the chin or in the back near the wall real soon if he keeps this shit up.

I fear that Sammy may be seriously injured. These types of injuries could be career altering. Lets hope that isnt the case because some older wash up is trying to cheat the game

Last edited:

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
When is it time to admit that Fox is better than Leetch? I can’t think of any argument for Leetch over Fox except for playoff success. Even my dad who’s a major old head agrees which is surprising

I am leaning to agreeing with this, however, Leetch had a hip-check that was a thing of beauty. Leetch could play tough when needed.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
When is it time to admit that Fox is better than Leetch? I can’t think of any argument for Leetch over Fox except for playoff success. Even my dad who’s a major old head agrees which is surprising

I watched Leetch from his first to last game as a Ranger. The guy was once of my idols growing up. Better? I don't think you understand just how good Leetch was. Do I see Foxy being equal to/better as he progresses? Maybe. For now, without a shadow of doubt, Foxy and Shesty are hands down our best players. The kid is incredible, but he's got to do what he does for years before I REALLY starts the Leetch stuff.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I am leaning to agreeing with this, however, Leetch had a hip-check that was a thing of beauty. Leetch could play tough when needed.
I think I remember a hip check on Martin Gelinas in the third period of game 7 in the finals. I was like "Where did THAT come from?" It was so quick and boom, Gelinas went from being a threat to out of the play.

Reactions: egelband

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I watched

I watched the replay over about 50 times and while it was a bang bang play, I do believe it was an intentional move by Subban to start swinging his right leg out. It's not malicious in that he wants to injure someone, it's a self-preservation move and a habit that needs to stop.

If this was a one-off play with no other history of these plays in the past, you would right it off as incidental contact.

But Vally called it in the postgame. He's lost a step so he arrives in the corners and on the walls with a different mentality than when he was a Norris winning defenseman.

While this wasnt a purposeful slewfoot from behind, he is making himself bigger and wider to compensate for his regression in skill and making it known if you are going to apply pressure to his side he's going to let you go in first and slickly give you the old matador trick.

The league needs to take action. I dont give a f*** what Devils fans think, they are wrong. If this happened to their player on the heels of a repeat offender they would be losing their shit.

Also the look on Subban's face was not one of innocence both after the play and after Blais went off. He was looking at the refs to see if a penalty would be called.

This dude needs to change his game or be disciplined by the NHL for not only other players safety but his own. Players know whats going on. He will find himself taking one on the chin or in the back near the wall real soon if he keeps this shit up.

I fear that Sammy may be seriously injured. These types of injuries could be career altering. Lets hope that isnt the case because some older wash up is trying to cheat the game
I would love to see someone give him the old Messier” accidental elbow” going into the boards for a loose puck and knock out 2-3 teeth.
2 minute penalty small price to pay for a lesson learned

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was at the Garden for my first game of the season! What a night!!! This team looks fantastic live- very quick, very skilled and very cohesive. The difference between last year and this year is night and day. The Rangers swarm the puck— constant pressure all over the ice especially lose pucks in the offensive zone they decisively attack that puck! It’s so great to see and it’s why they had so many shots last night. Also what’s impressive is how often they keep the puck in the offensive zone. Again, this is accomplished by puck support up high as the forwards really come up high the offensive zone to help the defense up high by allowing a short chip pass off the boards. It’s clearly impressive live.

Great start it the season. Could not be happier that the team finally has a legitimate coach, legitimate 4 lines, legitimate 3 defensive pairs, a system that works, an elite goaltender and a serviceable backup!

You lost me at the bold.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I agree. But I didn’t watch Leetch at all except for highlights.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
There was a decade in time where a Rangers/Devils matchup was the least appealing game to watch due to a neutral zone trapping style of hockey that was like watching paint dry.

Last nights game was arguably the most entertaining game of the season. Big win, with the youngsters gettin-r-done!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Never thought I'd see Leetch underrated by NYR fans - oof. The rest of the league's fans yes, that's been happening forever, but not from our own.
For real. Fox is amazing and we're so lucky to have him, but Leetch was insane. He was as dominant as Fox every time he was on the ice but he was a powerful and explosive skater on top of it.

Fox has the insane hockey IQ and he's so deceptive that he not only makes up for his small stature and unremarkable skating speed and overall strength, but Leetch was right there - if not better in the hockey IQ and skills and also was bigger and faster. Leetch's skating was truly elite.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Leetch was amazing and we never saw an American born player, let alone a defenseman do what he did. He took over games, series. And we really didnt see much of that past Bobby Orr. He was at the level.

Fox has a ways to go to reach Leetch status, simply based on experience and longevity - but if he wins another Norris it will tighten the gap for sure.

They are different, yet similar players. Leetch was more of a goal scorer and an amazing skater. Will Fox top 20 goals? Leetch did it 5 times. Different era of course. That's why its hard to make comparisions.

Fox is otherworldly though. I wouldnt be surprised if ends up there. But let's not fall asleep on Leetch. He's top 2-3 Rangers of all time. Talk to me in 10 years

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Gotta admit Kakko looked like a top talent last night. Great hands for such a big guy.

I agree. I think his biggest problem is confidence and that is where there is a stark difference between Kakko and Laf. To paraphrase from Laf's press conference last night, sometimes he needs to find other sources of confidence but he also does a good job of providing his own. That much is evident in his play.

I do not see that with Kakko, at least, not on the offensive side of the puck. He needs to take a lesson from Laf.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
This is the first game we had a 'top line' at 5v5.

Panarin Strome Kakko were all fantastic.

Now... what happens when Mika comes online? When Laf gets his shit together? When our 3rd pair improves?

There's many more levels to our game and yet... we're already winning.

If that all happens we will be a mere future young top center and young top 6 RW (Kravtsov) away from being a dynasty team.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Not true actually. 9 of the 15 games played are against .500 or better team.
We talkin NHL .500 here where 2/3 of the league is over .500?

Side point, winning a SO is fun, but really it's 95% a tie when I think back on it. No way to easily tease these wins out from regular ones though when reviewing teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad