• Ryan Lindgren

• Ryan Strome

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I haven't been a fan of the Strome line as a unit for most of their time together but I thought they looked tremendous in both games this weekend. They really looked like they were starting to gel.

If they can solidify as a great unit then Gallant will look very good in his decision to wait out the growing pains and keep them together.
If Kakko does gel with them, he'd be a hell of an upgrade over Blackwell riding shotgun with them.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Offensively anything and everything that Fox does or can do, Leeth was better at.

Fox was better defensively, but Leetch was a better Offensive player. And in my opinion. Its not close

In a way I agree for sure, Leetch's ability to just "force" offense, especially late in games when he was let loose, is unmatched.

OTOH, Fox is darn effective. He got that 6th sense. That can get you far in itself.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I didn’t even notice he was choking Blake until my uncle pointed it out. I was also like 13 or so. Messier was a nasty SOB. Loved it.
I was actually a bit concerned when Mess didn't let up, don't need a guy passing out on the ice

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Somehow Gauthier seems to have 9 lives and happy that he does. Something about him, really makes me root for his succeeding. Hes like this underachieving underdog, that you pray things eventually pan out for. He's like a baby baby Kreider, just doesnt know how to put the puck in. Too fast for his hands.
I find myself of the same thinking and he is cheap...and we will need those guys and he is big and skilled except he is not a sniper by any means . If he gets a bit of confidence I think our right side will be OK . It's definitely worth investigating a bit further to see what he can become for us . He is the type of player that Gallant can reach and help....stay with it . Worse case scenario he becomes a 4th liner with speed making a million a season unless he leaves for more money at some point .

Reactions: Larrybiv

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
In a way I agree for sure, Leetch's ability to just "force" offense, especially late in games when he was let loose, is unmatched.

OTOH, Fox is darn effective. He got that 6th sense. That can get you far in itself.

I'm not knocking Fox. He's amazing in his own right.

His poise and decision making ability is uncanny and second to none.

Glad he navigated his way home to the NYR's

Reactions: Ola

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Dryden Hunt has been a perfect 4th liner.

Hardly makes bad plays, takes the body, grinds the puck down low.

Not sure what the underlying numbers reveal, but the puck doesn't seem to stay in our end long when he's on the ice.

I'm pleasantly surprised and happy hes here

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Dryden Hunt has been a perfect 4th liner.

Hardly makes bad plays, takes the body, grinds the puck down low.

Not sure what the underlying numbers reveal, but the puck doesn't seem to stay in our end long when he's on the ice.

I'm pleasantly surprised and happy hes here
Yup, he's a handful in the o zone. Gets it deep and comes away with possession the majority of the time. Sure, he's got a bit of tunnel vision and won't make the quick pass to the open man in the slot after winning a board battle, instead he'll push the puck a few feet away along the boards where he knows that he'll be in the best position to win the puck and continue maintaining possession, eventually passing it back downlow to an open man or to the point to the open guy there. That's what you want from your bottom line guys-mistake free hard nosed hockey. It's not worth it for a 4th liner to make the odd nice play for an equal amount of turnovers that lead to getting bogged down in the D zone, stick with what works for ya. 4th line has turned momentum more than once this season and Hunt is a large part of that. Very happy with him so far.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
This team cracks me up. EVERYBODY lol ( including me) were flapping our mouths and fingers saying that the Rangers would have a horrible record if it wasn't for Shesty. Media agrees. Hell, even the coaches agree.

Then we put in a goalie who has a 5- hole that my wife could drive her mini van through, with her window open, and arm stretched out as far as it could go.
And somehow we win.

Then I watch the .500 Isles last night, lose 4-1 and not play very well. But I still say to my bassethound as she's sleeping on my lap and I have to pee, that if the Rangers played the Isles in a 7 game series right now, that the Rangers lose in 6 at best.

I am loving the smoke and mirrors of 9-3-3, but I'm also LOVING the sneaky mantra of this team "finding a way".

It's kinda of like a predictable
unpredictability about this team that I'm enjoying right now. Not confident about longevity here, but shaking my head as wins keep coming.

Last edited:

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
This team cracks me up. EVERYBODY lol ( including me) were flapping our mouths and fingers saying that the Rangers would have a horrible record if it wasn't for Shesty. Media agrees. Hell, even the coaches agree.

Then we put in a goalie who's has a 5- hole that my wife could drive her mini van through, with her window open, and her arm stretched out as far as it could go. And somehow we win.

Then I watch the .500 Isles last night, lose 4-1 and not play very well. But I still say to my bassethound as she's sleeping on my lap and I have to pee, that if the Rangers played the Isles in a 7 game series right now, that the Rangers lose in 6 at best.

I am loving the smoke and mirrors of 9-3-3, but I'm also LOVING the sneaky mantra of this team "finding a way".

It's kinda of like a predictable
unpredictability about this team that I'm enjoying right now. Not confident about longevity here, but shaking my head as wins keep coming.
No

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Wanted to add Lundkvist had his two best games this weekend. Hasn’t been pretty but he’s calming down out there.

still not sure he’s got this crazy upside. I think Jones is a better player right now and long term. But he’s played two really good games
He's still hesitant out there. He hasn't shown his whole repertoie of what he can do. When he gets more confident and starts playing his offensive game, things will happen. He has played very conservative hockey so far and that's understandable as a rookie D-man.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
He's still hesitant out there. He hasn't shown his whole repertoie of what he can do. When he gets more confident and starts playing his offensive game, things will happen. He has played very conservative hockey so far and that's understandable as a rookie D-man.
He's only started getting comfortable the past week or so. The speed of decision making is a whole other level at the NHL and he's got to the point now where he can make the right calls at NHL speed. Next step will be to expand his game and use his vision, skating and passing to open up the ice for his teamates, these things take time especially for D. Even Norris winner Adam Fox looked iffy his first week or so as he adjusted and really only started showing confidence in carrying the puck through the NZ towards the end of last year/this year, so we can expect Lunqvist to take some time to find his game here, and he's already shown progress. Glad the team is showing patience with him and can't wait to see what he has when he's fully comfortable.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He's only started getting comfortable the past week or so. The speed of decision making is a whole other level at the NHL and he's got to the point now where he can make the right calls at NHL speed. Next step will be to expand his game and use his vision, skating and passing to open up the ice for his teamates, these things take time especially for D. Even Norris winner Adam Fox looked iffy his first week or so as he adjusted and really only started showing confidence in carrying the puck through the NZ towards the end of last year/this year, so we can expect Lunqvist to take some time to find his game here, and he's already shown progress. Glad the team is showing patience with him and can't wait to see what he has when he's fully comfortable.
For sure, I agree. That a rookie 19 year old D-man on a new team, in a new culture, in the top league - who also is more used to international ice - is struggling a bit isn't strange at all. He has done his best and I think it has been just fine. Euro D-men say the biggest adjustment to the NHL is you get less reaction time, especially along the boards.

We've seen none of his shot yet, which I think is perhaps his biggest strength as a D-man. It's very accurate. Once he gets used to the higher tempo, when he develops his skating even more, when he starts pinching and joining rushes, that's when he'll bloom. He loves to cycle in the offensive zone and that's good, because that creates havoc, which @Ola has accurately pointed out is the best way to score today.

If I were him, I would put alot of effort into becoming an even better skater. He'll never be a crease clearer anyway. Alot of defensive work can be done by being a better skater than the opponent and play it smart.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
If I were him, I would put alot of effort into becoming an even better skater. He'll never be a crease clearer anyway. Alot of defensive work can be done by being a better skater than the opponent and play it smart.
He's actually shown big improvements in the physical department as well, pinning his guy along the boards (almost took an interference call he kept the forward there a good 4 seconds) and tying up sticks. First few weeks he tried to exert himself physically but mostly got brushed off, he's learning to make his decision to be physical earlier and get better leverage

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He's actually shown big improvements in the physical department as well, pinning his guy along the boards (almost took an interference call he kept the forward there a good 4 seconds) and tying up sticks. First few weeks he tried to exert himself physically but mostly got brushed off, he's learning to make his decision to be physical earlier and get better leverage
Yeah, well, he's born in northern Sweden and played for a SHL club that is known for wanting a grinding/ physical play as a big part of the club strategy to win games (for a long, long time), so it's not like he has been taught and told to just be a skating dangler out there. He does what he can with his frame and knows the physical part is part of defending. To at least be an annoying bastard if not physically impressive.

Once he's no longer shell shocked by the NHL speed at a small rink size I think he'll be good enough in his first season, maybe even shine a bit. When he has improved some things further up the years, he'll be very interesting to see in his progress. The talent is there for sure and he seems competitive.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Who's ACL is torn, BLackwood? The Devils fans are really pissed saying Kakko intentionally ran into Blackwood trying to hurt him and take him out.

Do they really think that?

Idiots. If we wanted to take out their goalie we have a professional to do that

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
They also keep calling Laffy and Kakko "busts" lol they love saying that, I am very fascinated observing Devils fans, kinda like how I observe Yankee fans as a Mets fan, very interesting sociological observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad