Dreger: DeAngelo Trade could happen Between 24/48 Hours (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so basically which GM wants his team to have locker room issues

please don't let it be anaheim

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Barrie’s been much better the last few games, and the last thing we need is to bring a racist like DeAngelo into a blueline with Nurse/Jones/Bear. Nurse would beat the shit out of him grinning the entire time.

Nurse should know him from their time together in SSM. If Nurse is fine with him being his teammate again, so am I. If Nurse wants no part of him then move along.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
If a lot of his issues were because he was in a perpetual state of meltdown about American politics, I actually think a move to a Canada team would make the most sense.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Disagree. Zero room in this league for a defenseman who can't play defense. Every team in the league who has guys in the AHL who play better defense than this pylon. I don't care how much offense he puts up, the way he plays in his own zone is simply unacceptable.
Well, I got news for you. There are defensmen in pretty much every team, who "can't play defense".

We will learn soon enough. If someone grabs him, it should tell enough.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
so basically which GM wants his team to have locker room issues

please don't let it be anaheim
He was supposedly popular. Not sure if 100% or mostly but mainly he has temper/attitude issues. Like getting extra pissy he was benched, then blaming a teammate for a loss.

He’s probably less an issue with teammates than generally his maturity. If he so much as yells at a coach, that teams problem is more media attention potential

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
According to Capfriendly, his buyout is very low. Why would NYR trade him if they have to take salary back in return? They must expect a useful asset of some sort, no?

(If it's to prevent Mr. White Supremacist from being a free agent where he would have his pick of teams to sign with, well, I can behind that decision, but it's not that.)

Reactions: RedWhiteBlackGold

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Neal is a healthy scratch today for the Oilers after scoring 2 goals his last game. I want no part of Deangelo, even if Neal goes the other way.
Lol. I'd drive Neal to the airport. Some people have such ridiculous opinions that hang on very limited information.

FYI, DeAngelo's buyout is 33%. You would save an obscene amount of cap moving forward.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
So could have everyone else. The Rangers are going to have to eat some salary or add something to move the dude.

No they dont. They can just keep him and buy him out after the season at a very reasonable price, or at the very least take back a player on an expensive but expiring contract.

Reactions: bernmeister

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
So why would a team now give up assets for him if they could have claimed him on waivers? I don't really understand.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Lol. I'd drive Neal to the airport. Some people have such ridiculous opinions that hang on very limited information.

FYI, DeAngelo's buyout is 33%. You would save an obscene amount of cap moving forward.
Hadn't considered that. I'd be cool with a trade and buyout. Don't want Deangelo on the team though. Seems unlikely anyway.

Reactions: belair

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Barrie’s been much better the last few games, and the last thing we need is to bring a racist like DeAngelo into a blueline with Nurse/Jones/Bear. Nurse would beat the shit out of him grinning the entire time.

You guys should take whatever you can get. He instantly becomes a top pairing D on the Oilers.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Would have to have large retention or a significant contract going the other way... even then, I can't think of a team that less needs an offensive D with not great defense.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Yeah not sure why they would.

Can buyout DeAngelo this summer and take on a 383K penalty in next year and 883K penalty the following year.

Exactly. Rangers owe DeAngelo <5M if they buy him out. I do not see them being in a hurry to hamstring themselves with a bad contract, or retain too much just to give Tony an NHL opportunity.

My guess - Rangers retain and gain some asset (pick/prospect) back.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think Ottawa or Detroit is where he goes. Both have cap room for him and are rebuilding so may be willing to deal with his bs and take time to work with him on it.

Both teams could use another puck-moving D
Can't see Yzerman trading for him.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hadn't considered that. I'd be cool with a trade and buyout. Don't want Deangelo on the team though. Seems unlikely anyway.
In all honesty the Oilers would be one of the best places for him. His opinions would fall on deaf ears because they have very strong voices in the locker room and there are a lot of guys who wouldn't hesitate to clock him if he stepped out of line. The only thing that wouldn't make sense is the same problem he has in NY. He doesn't fit.

How interested would he be converting to wing Rangers fans?

Reactions: Trade

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I'd rather keep him for the following reason(s).

Let him rot at home then buy him out. Why?

It'd cost the Rangers less than retaining and/or taking a bad contract back.

Also I hope he sits the year and then his play will deteriorate so bad that he'll never play in the NHL again.

Let's just buy this asshole out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad