Dreger: DeAngelo Trade could happen Between 24/48 Hours (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
cut.jpg
He's too rich for melnyk, no?

Reactions: Voight

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
which GM wants to stake their job on this guy? caveat emptor

This is a crazy overreaction. There will be a short lived backlash but with how quick the news cycle is/our pathetically short attention spans it will be forgotten about.

Remember when everyone wanted Vince McMahon thrown in jail for the show in Saudi Arabia a week after Jamal Khashoggi? Well he just sold his network for a billion dollars.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Someone is going to get a very good offensive dman on a steal.

Meh

Even without his off-ice issues, I really don't think he's a "very good offensive defenseman". He's a horrendously flawed player who put up a bunch of points while playing a ton with Artemi Panarin, who had an impact on 23 of DeAngelo's 53 points. If you put DeAngelo on Edmonton, I think he can produce a bunch, but he probably wouldn't be that productive on most teams.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Someone is going to get a very good offensive dman on a steal.
*if he doesn’t make a mistake year 1. They’re already gonna take heat right away to some extent, first mistake he makes would look terrible. They could be the ones losing out.

First mistake, he’s already on a shorter leash before.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Meh

Even without his off-ice issues, I really don't think he's a "very good offensive defenseman". He's a horrendously flawed player who put up a bunch of points while playing a ton with Artemi Panarin, who had an impact on 23 of DeAngelo's 53 points. If you put DeAngelo on Edmonton, I think he can produce a bunch, but he probably wouldn't be that productive on most teams.
DeAngelo was an absolute wizard with the puck last season. I understand its the flavor to bash the guy's character right now, but let's not pretend his isn't insanely talented offensively.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How much does Oilers pay Barrie? I could see a swap w some Rags salary retention if Barrie’s pay is right, slight-moderate upgrade offensively and couldn’t be much worse defensively

Barrie’s been much better the last few games, and the last thing we need is to bring a racist like DeAngelo into a blueline with Nurse/Jones/Bear. Nurse would beat the shit out of him grinning the entire time.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Wouldnt be surprised if its Pittsburgh

He makes way too much money. Only Pittsburgh if Letang is out long term, which he’s not. Their left side is what’s been destroyed.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
How much does Oilers pay Barrie? I could see a swap w some Rags salary retention if Barrie’s pay is right, slight-moderate upgrade offensively and couldn’t be much worse defensively
Barrie literally only signed in Edmonton to boost his stats in a contract year. It would be a terrible look for Edmonton to deal a guy who signed with them in UFA considering how unpopular of a destination Edmonton is to begin with.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The Sens are so desperate for help on the blueline, I can see them making a move for the guy.

But I'd worry a lot about his influence in that locker room.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Barrie’s been much better the last few games, and the last thing we need is to bring a racist like DeAngelo into a blueline with Nurse/Jones/Bear. Nurse would beat the shit out of him grinning the entire time.

Barrie has been fine all season, no idea why people were jumping on him early.

He wasn't impressive to start the season but he wasn't actively bad like some Oilers fans were claiming.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad